X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    I'm sure all of that is just made up stuff. Ford will be along shortly to explain how you're wrong.
    No need, Bernie "Jewzie" Sanders will turn all this around, anyway.

Or, he'll give in to the vocal minorities even more & fuck up your country beyond oblivion.

But that's ok, because you won't be racists.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Again, leave the dope smoking to the professionals.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        I'm sure all of that is just made up stuff. Ford will be along shortly to explain how you're wrong.
        Providing he doesn't goosestep and delete it like the sad, old, Nazi-capitalist sick fuck he really is.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
          No need, Bernie "Jewzie" Sanders will turn all this around, anyway.

Or, he'll give in to the vocal minorities even more & fuck up your country beyond oblivion.

But that's ok, because you won't be racists.
          Well that's what's most important in this country these days - not offending anybody ever, killing free speech, setting up faggity Safe Spaces, and making sure we coddle and pamper everybody who has an imaginary grievance. This is known as progress here. Yay America.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Hey, what's the betting that why FORD is so obsessed with Bernie is because he reminds him of the old man who molested him as a child?

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Make Tyranny Great Again!!

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Ford, do you honestly believe you're achieving something by posting that kind of shit here?

You're just talking to a brick wall, dude... if brick walls got annoyed by propaganda.

Give it a rest.

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Hey, what's the betting that why FORD is so obsessed with Bernie is because he reminds him of the old man who molested him as a child?
                  That WOULD make sense... but why is Ford remembering his rapist so fondly?

Was that the only time he knew true love?

Oh man, now I'm depressed.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The ‘King of Whoppers': Donald Trump

He dominates our annual review of political falsehoods.

By FactCheck.org
                    Posted on December 21, 2015

Summary

It’s been a banner year for political whoppers — and for one teller of tall tales in particular: Donald Trump.

In the 12 years of FactCheck.org’s existence, we’ve never seen his match.

He stands out not only for the sheer number of his factually false claims, but also for his brazen refusals to admit error when proven wrong.

He is by no means the only one telling whoppers, of course. Once again this year there are plenty of politicians, in both parties, who hope voters will swallow their deceptive claims. Hillary Clinton, for one, said she was “transparent” about her use of a private email server, when in fact she wasn’t. That was one of the bogus claims she made about her unusual email arrangement while secretary of state.

But Trump topped them all when he claimed to have seen nonexistent television coverage of “thousands and thousands” of Muslims in New Jersey cheering the collapse of the World Trade Center towers on 9/11 — and then topped himself by demanding that fact-checkers apologize for exposing his claim as fantasy. And that’s only one example.

Here we’ve assembled, as we do every year at this time, a generous sampling of the most far-fetched, distorted or downright fallacious claims made during 2015.

In past years, we’ve not singled out a single claim or a single person, and have left it to readers to judge which whoppers they consider most egregious.

But this year the evidence is overwhelming and, in our judgment, conclusive. So, for the first time, we confer the title “King of Whoppers.”
                    Analysis
                    Trump’s Falsehoods

We won’t get into Trump’s controversial policy positions; it’s not a fact-checker’s role to offer opinions on whether it’s a good idea or a bad idea for the federal government to bar Muslims from entering the United States or to kill the families of terrorists, for example. What we focus on here are some of the many cases where he’s just wrong on the facts.

Trump CNN 12 15 2015We start with his Nov. 21 claim to have watched on television as “thousands and thousands” of Muslims in New Jersey were “cheering” the fall of the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. Multiple news organizations and the New Jersey attorney general’s office searched for evidence of public celebrations at the time of 9/11 and found none.

“Never happened,” former state Attorney General John J. Farmer, a Republican appointee who later served as a senior counsel to the 9/11 Commission, wrote in response to Trump.

In a tweet, Trump demanded an apology, citing as evidence one news story about an alleged incident that was unattributed, unverified and not televised. One of the reporters on that story said he visited the “Jersey City building and neighborhood where the celebrations were purported to have happened,” but he could “never verify that report.”

And Trump’s false claim about “thousands and thousands” of Muslims is just part of a pattern of inflammatory claims with little or no basis in fact. Here are some more — and it’s not an exhaustive list.

Trump boasted that he “predicted Osama bin Laden.” Nope. The book Trump published in 2000 mentioned bin Laden once, and predicted nothing about bin Laden’s future plans.
                    Trump “heard” that Obama is “thinking about signing an executive order where he wants to take your guns away.” If so, he misheard. What Obama reportedly considered was requiring large-volume private gun dealers to conduct background checks, not confiscating firearms from those who own them.
                    Trump said he “heard” the Obama administration plans to accept 200,000 Syrian refugees — even upping that wildly inaccurate number to 250,000 in another speech. Nope and nope. The number is about 10,000.
                    Trump said he got to know Putin “very well” while the two were on CBS’ “60 Minutes.” Nope. The two men were interviewed separately, in different countries thousands of miles apart.
                    Trump claimed his campaign is “100 percent” self-funded. Nope. At the time, more than 50 percent of his campaign’s funds had come from outside contributors.
                    Trump said his tax plan is revenue neutral. Nope. The pro-business Tax Foundation estimated the Trump plan would reduce revenues to the Treasury by more than $10 trillion over 10 years, even assuming his plan would create economic growth.
                    Trump told the story of a 2-year old who got autism a week after the child got a vaccine. But there’s no evidence of such a link. The study that claimed to have found a link between vaccines and autism has been exposed as an “elaborate fraud.” It was retracted five years ago by the journal that published it, and the author was stripped of his license to practice medicine in Britain.
                    Trump said Mexico doesn’t have a birthright citizenship policy. It does.
                    Trump claimed credit for getting Ford Motor Co. to move a plant from Mexico to Ohio. Ford says that’s baloney; it made the decision years before Trump even announced his run for president.
                    Trump denied that he ever called female adversaries some of these things: “fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals.” He used all of those terms.
                    Trump said in June “there are no jobs” to be had, when official statistics were showing 5.4 million job openings — the most in 15 years.
                    Trump claimed economic growth in the U.S. has “never” been below zero — until the third quarter of 2015. “Who ever heard of this?” he asked. Except it’s not unheard of. Economic growth has been below zero 42 times since 1946.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Ah, Trump's exaggerations don't bother me. What does bother me is that vaccination comment. That shit drives me nuts. Let's say scientists came up with proof tomorrow, irrefutable proof that there was a teeny tiny chance vaccinations might cause Autism. That risk would be a hell of a lot less than the risk of all the diseases that would explode back into society if we stopped vaccinating kids. But there is no proof there's a link between the two, none.

What amazes me is that so many parents are choosing not to vaccinate their kids. I don't know if it's solely fear driven or if it's an elitist attitude - we know better than doctors! - or what. And all the talk you see on the interwebz about parents not being told the risks of certain vaccinations is just patently false. Every time my kid got vaccinated I had to read multiple sheets outlining all possible side effects and the reactions. Then I had to sign all of those sheets in front of the nurse or the doctor. Then I got copies that had a vaccination side effect hotline number on every page where I could report any side effects and/or adverse reactions. It used to make me insane when E would post all that vaccination fear mongering here.
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Again, leave the dope smoking to the professionals.
                        DLR - RYAN.jpeg

i/I WoOD aFF THe'D Lee/EVE Da HAiR GRo/WiNG T2O Da AD/ePT.
                        Attached Files
                        Add to Ignore list

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's your typical Trump supporter

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

I figured you'd have more to say when I saw that this morning. I assumed you'd say something about proving Hillary was right about saying they were using Trump videos to recruit more terrorists. If they weren't using Trump videos to recruit before this I wonder were they got the idea, Hillary?
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

I'd never say Hillary was right about anything. Even on the rare occasion that she is.
                                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...