Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Sesh - got a serious question for you. Is hunting popular in Scotland? Hell I don't even know if there's anything to hunt there, lol. I'm just wondering if there's hunters and if they're allowed to own hunting rifles. Not to prove a point or poke - just curious.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There is some deer hunting with rifles which you need a license for and it's strict. You can also get a shotgun license for shooting rabbits and so on.

It was only handguns that got completely banned here.

I'm not trying to pick arguments here and I totally appreciate apart from the slightly higher chance of being shot on vacation your gun laws don't affect me at all. I'm just giving you an outside view, the US can be very inward looking because it's such a big diverse place.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The rifle or shotgun license rules are

To obtain a firearm certificate, the police must be satisfied that a person has "good reason" to own each firearm, and that they can be trusted with it "without danger to the public safety or to the peace". Under Home Office guidelines, Firearm Certificates are only issued if a person has legitimate sporting, collecting, or work-related reasons for ownership. Since 1968, self-defence has not been considered a valid reason to own a firearm. The current licensing procedure involves: positive verification of identity, two referees of verifiable good character who have known the applicant for at least two years (and who may themselves be interviewed and/or investigated as part of the certification), approval of the application by the applicant's own family doctor, an inspection of the premises and cabinet where firearms will be kept and a face-to-face interview by a Firearms Enquiry Officer (FEO) also known as a Firearms Liaison Officer (FLO). A thorough background check of the applicant is then made by Special Branch on behalf of the firearms licensing department. Only when all these stages have been satisfactorily completed will a licence be issued, which must be renewed every 5 years.

Any person who has been sentenced to between three months and three years in prison is automatically prohibited from possessing firearms (including airguns) and ammunition for five years from release. A person who has been sentenced to more than three years is prohibited for life.
        I imagine Obama might find it quite difficult to get away with that...

Funnily enough expanding ammo is not only allowed it's compulsory when hunting deer.
        Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-09-2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

donnie should be a FLO
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
            donnie should be a FLO
            Firearms Liason Officer...I would have...authoritah?

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              Sesh - you have to keep in mind that a large percentage of those gun murders are committed by gang members or thugs who purchase their guns illegally! Christmas Eve: Charlotte, North Carolina, local hi end mall has a shooting and the shooter gets shot to death by an off duty police officer. The shooter was an 18 year old thug with a rap sheet longer than a goddamn Claymore. He didn't go to some gun store, pass a background check, buy his guns, then decide to shoot the place up. And MOST shootings are not carried out by people who are law abiding citizens. Sure, some are. But most are not. So that 8000 number is skewed all to hell man.

And kilts are bad ass. Connor Macleod wore one and he was a bad ass!! Embrace the kilt!
              That right there is your biggest problem. All the illegal guns all over the country. Hell, the majority of illegal handguns in Canada have come from the States. Impossible to get all of those off the streets.

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Why should my slaves be taken away from me? I'm a responsible slave owner...
              😂
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                Aha!!! You just said what I've been skirting - the problem is criminals and not law abiding citizens.
                Sounds like the meat of this executive order is to attempt to keep the likes of shit heads on terra'ist watch lists from being able to easily obtain weapons on-line. This should affect you zilch! Am I right?

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

We should ban cars, because drunk drivers are using them to kill innocent people, at an alarming rate.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                    donnie should be a FLO
                    flo.jpg
                    Kiss my grits.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      Sounds like the meat of this executive order is to attempt to keep the likes of shit heads on terra'ist watch lists from being able to easily obtain weapons on-line. This should affect you zilch! Am I right?
                      Do you know what the process is to be removed from one of these lists? And where is the due process that we're all entitled to? It doesn't exist when the gubment can arbitrarily choose who goes on one of these lists. That's taking away rights without any due process whatsoever.

As far as Ubama protecting us from terrorists - yeah his policy of not checking out the social media of people coming from regions that are basically terrorist factories didn't work out so well for those folks in California. Plus he's fomented an environment in this country where most people are scared to speak up when they see someone who looks like a terrorist building bombs in their garage. Then you toss in his anti police rhetoric and you've got the perfect environment for terrorists to run wild. The message used to be "If you see something, say something." Now it's "If you see something shut your fucking mouth Leslie!!" Otherwise you're labeled an Islamaphobe or a bigot or a Klan member, and on and on.

And, again, this online gun buying free-for-all Ubama keeps pushing is utter bullshit. Every gun sold online must be shipped to a Federal Firearms Licensee and every single person who buys a gun online must submit to a background check - every single time. That's the law right now and Ubama didn't enact that law - it's been on the books.

Let me point out just one other problem with Ubama's new guidelines. One of the criteria that can and will be considered if you sell a gun (online or to an individual) is did you profit from the sale. Meaning the gubment can show up, say well you made two hundred bucks off that sale so therefore you were in the "business of selling guns" and should have had an FFL and since you didn't congratulations you're now a felon. Have a nice time in prison. That's bullshit. I'm the high bidder on a pistol I want and it's on an online gun site. I can guarantee you that pistol will increase in value in a year. Hell, the price of this particular pistol has jumped 200 bucks in the past three years or so. So if I buy it then sell it for what it's worth, the gubment can bust my ass because I "made a profit". That's bullshit man. Supply and demand - the free market - sets the price of the gun. But I'm supposed to sell it for a loss or break even just so I don't have to worry about being locked up? Fuck that.
                      Last edited by DONNIEP; 01-09-2016, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Now, we got a nutcase who tried to execute a cop in Philadelphia. Did he buy his gun at a gun store? No, surely he bought it online and then somehow magically had it shipped to him and not an FFL, right? Surely Ubama's new ATF guidelines would have prevented this, right? Not a chance in hell. Why? Because the shooter used a gun that had been previously stolen from the police. In other words it was an illegally obtained weapon. And yet the mayor is on tv calling for more gun control laws. Because criminals obviously follow the laws.

I think Von and I are the only gun enthusiasts here. And we've both talked about how we are all for background checks and tightening up laws across the country. But what Ubama is doing is an usurpation of the powers of Congress and it does nothing to prevent criminals from buying guns illegally or simply stealing them. And tue ultimate goal here is to see if a presidential executive order will survive the legal challenges in the courts. If it does, the next democrat president can whip out his Magical Mystery Pen and ban a list of guns a mile long and change the definition of a transfer to include handing a gun to your buddy at the range so that he can shoot it.

Now, I'm heading down to the Walmart. They just got some Perfecta ammo in last nite and I gots to stock up. So I can enjoy shooting with my daughter and my stepdad. You know, something a family can do together. With my legally purchased weapons. Weapons I keep locked up in two safes that are bolted to both the floor and wall.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I've said before that I appreciate your working knowledge of it all, Donnie. From my point of view, from watching the president's speech, I thought he came off as though he genuinely didn't want the law abiding citizens to get burned. I actually thought he sounded compassionate towards those following the law. If in some way you are in fact getting burned, then perhaps I misunderstood.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            I've said before that I appreciate your working knowledge of it all, Donnie. From my point of view, from watching the president's speech, I thought he came off as though he genuinely didn't want the law abiding citizens to get burned. I actually thought he sounded compassionate towards those following the law. If in some way you are in fact getting burned, then perhaps I misunderstood.
                            Well, there's the rub. There's no clear definition in the guidelines that says who has to have an FFL to sell. Oh sure they say if you're selling to improve your collection or this or that then you're exempt. But then they say but...even one or two sales can be considered in violation of the law. So there is no red line where you or I can say well, I think i better get my FFL so I don't break any laws. Because this guy right here ain't about to break any laws. Especially any that are remotely related to firearms. I know I make wacky proclamations and say nutty stuff - but I take the responsibility of being a gun owner dead serious. Owning a gun doesn't make you cool or invincible or an Army SEAL Combat Bravo Charlie Talicong Killuh, lol. What it does make you is someone who damn well better take it seriously and follow the laws to the letter.

I'll say this, and I'm being serious for a moment, if Obama got the governors of the states together and said I need you to push legislation that will require pistol purchase permits in your states, at the state level, I would march in support of that sumbitch. On that one issue only, but he'd get my full support and I'd tell every damn body that he was really doing something to make a positive change.

Then if the states would just pass one law requiring new gun owners to complete a gun safety/handling/proper use class, we would immediately start saving lives. My state requires all hunters to complete a FREE hunting safety class before being issued a hunting license. And in the 20 years that's been the law here, hunting accidents have dropped over 50%. Those are actual real lives that aren't destroyed or ended - and those are numbers any democrat or liberal would literally jizz themselves to death over if they could say they passed similar laws that reduced gun deaths.

Like I've said, too many people rush out and buy guns they have no idea how to safely operate, carry, store, or even shoot. And we can change that at the state level without infringing on anyone's rights. If every state just adopted the same laws we have on the books in mine then there goes the gun show loophole.

Now, everybody send me 50 bucks. I'll purchase a gun online and walk you all through every step. It can be a social experiment. You'll see how the process works, where it has to be shipped to, what happens when I go to take possession, all that. Of course, I'll have to keep the gun but I think it's a worthy sacrifice on my part.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              We should ban cars, because drunk drivers are using them to kill innocent people, at an alarming rate.
                              No, but we DO license people to drive cars, and require them to be insured, right? And before you get that license, you have to prove you can operate the car responsibly.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                                No, but we DO license people to drive cars, and require them to be insured, right? And before you get that license, you have to prove you can operate the car responsibly.
                                Yep, exactly the same things I had to do to get my CPL.

I just bought one of these.

Comment

Working...