X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
    Well, they're probably as accurate as most of the historical facts that are broadly accepted.

Who knows, really? History HAS always been written by the winners, so at best, everything is acutely slanted to portray one side of the story.

This is why extremely powerful periods in the history of mankind, like World War II are so dangerous to delve into. A good vs. evil finality is so much more digestible than the incredible grey area surrounding all the sides before & during the whole thing.

And winners sometimes re-write history, too. Not maliciously, but based on the facts they have at hand when they carve their own piece of history.

Sometimes, facts deemed unimportant at the time may also fail to be properly recorded. I bet no one gave two thoughts on documenting how slavery began. White people didn't even have proper slavery in the Middle-Ages. Think about it. One of the darkest periods in human history, where the lower classes hardly had any rights, if at all & they weren't slaves.

That came about when white people went to Africa, where slavery was common. Whites just bought what blacks were selling. Namely, other blacks.

And before all this, where could you find slaves? In Rome. After they expanded & came into contact with wonderful civilisations like Egypt. In Africa. Where they had slaves.

You see where I'm going with this?...
    Do your research when it comes to slavery...

It was EVERYWHERE.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      I think the least historically accurate movie I've seen in the last couple of years was American Sniper...
      I've seen the trailer for gods of Egypt .... It may top it
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Angel

It was EVERYWHERE.
        I have. It was invented by black people.

They were exporting their own.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

It was EVERYWHERE.
          People here in this country don't like to admit that. It makes them all feel better and gives them someone to point the finger at and blame for all the ills in our society. Never mind most of them are too fucking stupid to actually read the Constitution.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go give the "employees" their daily pep talk
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I have. It was invented by black people.

They were exporting their own.
            I hate to quote Wiki but...

"Evidence of slavery predates written records. Slavery was known in civilizations as old asSumer, as well as almost every other ancient civilization, including*Ancient Egypt,*Ancient China, the*Akkadian Empire,*Assyria,*Ancient India,*Ancient Greece, the*Roman Empire, the Islamic*Caliphate, and the*pre-Columbian civilizations*of the Americas.[10]*Such institutions were a mixture of*debt-slavery, punishment for crime, the enslavement ofprisoners of war,*child abandonment, and the birth of slave children to slaves.[11]".
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

I hate to quote Wiki but...

"Evidence of slavery predates written records. Slavery was known in civilizations as old asSumer, as well as almost every other ancient civilization, including*Ancient Egypt,*Ancient China, the*Akkadian Empire,*Assyria,*Ancient India,*Ancient Greece, the*Roman Empire, the Islamic*Caliphate, and the*pre-Columbian civilizations*of the Americas.[10]*Such institutions were a mixture of*debt-slavery, punishment for crime, the enslavement ofprisoners of war,*child abandonment, and the birth of slave children to slaves.[11]".

Why do you hate to quote Wiki? Don't be daft, Angel.

Wikipedia is perfectly fine for ordinary, day-to-day usage. You shouldn't use Wikipedia is if your WORK consists of having a solid grasp of scientific facts or data, for example.

Are you working on some kind of thesis here? Does your post need to meet some kind of criteria, or is it required to be absolutely error-free?

I don't get this shit. People pull "facts" out of their ass at all times, they have no problem quoting dodgy websites, TV or newspapers & then they act all smug about Wikipedia. Jesus fucking Christ.

At any rate, what's the only white civilisation on that list? The Romans. Who expanded to Africa, where they had slavery.

Look, all races have something to be embarrassed about. Blacks created slavery, Whites created organized religion. We're all the same, really. I just don't like it when *I* have to be lumped up with supposed errors of my ancestors of a thousand years ago, when to top it all of, they had nothing to do with it.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go give the "employees" their daily pep talk
                we have to call them "team members" or "associates"
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                  we have to call them "team members" or "associates"
                  Do you know what I had to go through to get the Slavin' Union to agree to the term "employee"?? Baby steps, PB, baby steps

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Do you know what I had to go through to get the Slavin' Union to agree to the term "employee"?? Baby steps, PB, baby steps
                    ironically, i am further south than you
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Yes, but you're so wishy washy I can't even rely on you to fly the flag

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

Yes, but you're so wishy washy I can't even rely on you to fly the flag
                        i have a business card in my wallet with the rebel flag on it

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Wow .... Donnie is just a klan wannabe , he isn't even from the south he is from the middle

The middle is gonna rise again
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                            Wow .... Donnie is just a klan wannabe , he isn't even from the south he is from the middle

The middle is gonna rise again
                            So, let's recap...

Donnie isn't a Southerner.

He's whiter than Michael Jackson.

Owns Yankee guns, allegedly never fired one.

This badass tanned rebel myth is really not holding up.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

i have a business card in my wallet with the rebel flag on it
                              Ssshhh!!! Those are supposed to be super secret and we only give them out to certain people

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

So, let's recap...

Donnie isn't a Southerner.

He's whiter than Michael Jackson.

Owns Yankee guns, allegedly never fired one.

This badass tanned rebel myth is really not holding up.
                                Oh shut up, you. You keep on and you'll wake up with a lower case t set on fire in your front yard lol

And I have a tanning appointment for this afternoon. You gots to supplement in winter time!!

Comment

Working...