Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Incidentally, Johnny Rotten is now a US citizen, ironically enough.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Terry
      Exactly. So the implication that Walmart wouldn't have altered their structure from full-time employees to emphasize part time and temp workers BUT for Obamacare isn't exactly true, because they would have done that in any event, right?
      I don't know. I'm not a psychic. All I know is when I worked there in 2010 they hired people direct for full and part time positions. Now they don't.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I don't know. I'm not a psychic. All I know is when I worked there in 2010 they hired people direct for full and part time positions. Now they don't.
        LOL No they didn't, not overall. They've been notorious for being cunts since the 1990's with a huge track record of it. Ah Cdog, the good ol' days when you could work at Walmart!

Here's a thread from 05' about them being cunts in 05': http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...ese-Connection!

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          LOL No they didn't, not overall. They've been notorious for being cunts since the 1990's with a huge track record of it. Ah Cdog, the good ol' days when you could work at Walmart!

Here's a thread from 05' about them being cunts in 05': http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...ese-Connection!
          And I mean, to cadaverdog's point, if the owners of the company can maximize their profits by making their associates part time, which saves on benefit packages, then I suppose that's Walmart's choice to make. My point is let's not pretend or make any allusions that doing so is some principled political stance against the ACA, or something out of character from what Walmart would have done anyway.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            Incidentally, Johnny Rotten is now a US citizen, ironically enough.
            LOL I wouldn't have guessed that...

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The idea that your people still allow this to go on is baffling. Then I find out The Church Of England still has representatives in The House Of Lords.
              I agree completely. Never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                LOL Ah Cdog, the good ol' days when you could work at Walmart!
                Why do you always have to be such a dick? A job's a job when you ain't got one.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  I agree completely. Never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate...
                  Have you ever had an election to keep or shit can the monarchy?
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There would be no point because it would fail. At any point the elected government could have a vote and remove the monarchy, the parliament can basically do anything it wants. 70-80% of voters are pro monarchy, it wouldn't wash.

The UK consitution is a kind of weird subtle thing partly because it's not actually written down in one set of rules. The House of Lords is a crazy thing too but it's not like your senate it is less powerful just a review chamber. Most of the people there now are the great and good so ex top politicians, doctors, people from arts, trade unions or whatever. They can only suggest changes to legislation, they can't veto a law all they can do is send it back with suggested changes or edits to the wording and at most a couple of times. I still think it's a stupid system and to me it's ludicrous that the churches(including muslim and Jews) have a few % of the seats.

It's not anti democratic though because the majority of people want it this way. They don't like the idea of electing a politician to be Head of State. One of the reasons is that on the whole they really don't like politicians.
                    People seem to like the stability of things being constant. The current queen came in at the same time Eisenhower was elected president!

I think that the US and UK systems are two of the worst systems in the West. The UK has a big advantage over the US in that money is far far less influential so lobby groups don't own it but the downside is madness like you mentioned. There are plenty of places in Europe that have better ways of doing things.

In Scotland we have a degree of protection because we have our own parliament which is a bit more powerful than one of your State legislatures in charge of education, health and so on with an electoral system that allows 4 or 5 parties to have a say.
                    Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-31-2016, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Terry
                      And I mean, to cadaverdog's point, if the owners of the company can maximize their profits by making their associates part time, which saves on benefit packages.
                      Walmart isn't the only company that operates that way. The ones that hire temps really make out.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          There would be no point because it would fail. At any point the elected government could have a vote and remove the monarchy, the parliament can basically do anything it wants. 70-80% of voters are pro monarchy, it wouldn't wash.
                          Anyone who thinks they need to be governed by someone who got the job by being someone else's rugrat is brain damaged.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Why do you always have to be such a dick? A job's a job when you ain't got one.
                            I never said there was anything wrong with working at Walmart, other than they are predicated on never having long term career workers (anymore)...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Anyone who thinks they need to be governed by someone who got the job by being someone else's rugrat is brain damaged.
                              I thought you said you voted for GW Bush?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

Working...