X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
    c-dog buys his vodka at Big Lots. Of course it turns out that Big Lots doesn't actually sell booze, and he was really buying rubbing alcohol, but after drinking a few shots, he couldn't tell the difference

Even thought I don't remember posting anything about buying booze at Big Lots they do indeed sell it. Now you can get back to pissing and moaning about Donald Trump.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      I hear it's good. Haven't tried it yet.
      Consider Vodka is alcohol and water how much different can one brand taste from another? Unless it flavored Vodka doesn't it all taste about the same?
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Ha! My wife worked at the Pic N Save in Issaquah when she was in high school. Man. We went back there this year and didn't even recognize the place. Went and saw Billy Joel at Safeco Stadium. It was a great show. Billy is still worth seeing live.
        This area took some getting used to but I'm more content living here now than I was when I came here in 09. Unfortunately it's going down hill fast because they built low rent apartments across the tracks and a bunch of crackheads moved there. Now they come across the tracks at night and steal anything that's not tied down which is easy because most people around her don't put fences around their property and don't bother locking their garages because they've lived here their whole lives and have gotten used to trusting their neighbors not to steal their shit.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          Consider Vodka is alcohol and water how much different can one brand taste from another? Unless it flavored Vodka doesn't it all taste about the same?
          You would think they wouldn't differ that much but when I started drinking different kinds of vodkas I was amazed at how much they differed. Russian Standard is very different from Stolichnaya for example and both are Russian recipe vodkas. It's water and ethanol most being 80 proof but it's the different trace elements that give them their unique character.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

This area took some getting used to but I'm more content living here now than I was when I came here in 09. Unfortunately it's going down hill fast because they built low rent apartments across the tracks and a bunch of crackheads moved there. Now they come across the tracks at night and steal anything that's not tied down which is easy because most people around her don't put fences around their property and don't bother locking their garages because they've lived here their whole lives and have gotten used to trusting their neighbors not to steal their shit.
            Are you still in Texas? We have a family reunion in Galveston in June. We just rented a beach house for it. Yeah we didn't lock our doors when I was a kid. I didn't even have a key to the house. The mailman would give us bags of candy too. The good ol days. Now my hometown is a upper class getaway. In fact John Kerry has a vacation house not far from the house I grew up in. It's a different place now. Pretty snobby now and in the 70's it was more friendly but then the rich people stayed over in Sun Valley more and not Ketchum.

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Are you still in Texas? We have a family reunion in Galveston in June. We just rented a beach house for it. Yeah we didn't lock our doors when I was a kid. I didn't even have a key to the house. The mailman would give us bags of candy too. The good ol days. Now my hometown is a upper class getaway. In fact John Kerry has a vacation house not far from the house I grew up in. It's a different place now. Pretty snobby now and in the 70's it was more friendly but then the rich people stayed over in Sun Valley more and not Ketchum.
              I live in Louisiana but the nearest big town is in Texas. Galveston's a little over 100 miles away if I take the ferry from Port Arthur. Last time I went there I got eaten alive by mosquitos waiting for the ferry. LT doesn't live far from here either.
              Last edited by cadaverdog; 01-26-2017, 05:08 AM.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

You would think they wouldn't differ that much but when I started drinking different kinds of vodkas I was amazed at how much they differed. Russian Standard is very different from Stolichnaya for example and both are Russian recipe vodkas. It's water and ethanol most being 80 proof but it's the different trace elements that give them their unique character.
                I've drank enough whiskey and tequila to tell the good stuff from the cheap stuff but vodka tastes about the same to me whether it's generic or top shelf.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  The local Big Lots was a Pic N Save when it first opened. They never had drinking alcohol there of any kind. And considering the quality (or lack there of) of most of the stuff they sell there, I'm not sure I would want to drink it even if they did.
                  The Aldis here used to sell surplus German beer but no more in NY alas...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I hear it's good. Haven't tried it yet.
                    A slight grapeish after taste...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It's distilled from different things like grapes (France), wheat, or potatoes. So that alone will give slight flavor variations. My mom sometimes buys rot gut bar vodka and I notice it has sort of a sweet vanilla aftertaste I presume is some sort of flavoring to mask the harshness. Also friends of the family distill vodka in Buffalo at www.barrelfactory.com and I suspect the lead distiller might punch you in the nuts if he heard it's all the same...
                      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-26-2017, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        The Aldis here used to sell surplus German beer but no more in NY alas...
                        No Aldis in Cascadia yet. Apparently they're in California now, so in theory they should work their way up the West Coast eventually.... depending on how horribly the economy tanks under Orangeification.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've drank enough whiskey and tequila to tell the good stuff from the cheap stuff but vodka tastes about the same to me whether it's generic or top shelf.
                          Well you haven't drunk enough of it yet then.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I live in Louisiana but the nearest big town is in Texas. Galveston's a little over 100 miles away if I take the ferry from Port Arthur. Last time I went there I got eaten alive by mosquitos waiting for the ferry. LT doesn't live far from here either.
                            My father in law went to high school in Port Arthur. He grew up on a farm around there. So I guess part of the reunion is we are going to check out the old homestead. The family still owns the farm. They used to grow water melons on it. It looks like swampy area. Should be hot and humid in June and yeah I bet the mosquitos get bad.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              It's distilled from different things like grapes (France), wheat, or potatoes. So that alone will give slight flavor variations. My mom sometimes buys rot gut bar vodka and I notice it has sort of a sweet vanilla aftertaste I presume is some sort of flavoring to mask the harshness. Also friends of the family distill vodka in Buffalo at https://<span style="color:red">www....ory.com</span> and I suspect the lead distiller might punch you in the nuts if he heard it's all the same...
                              The cheap vodka out of Hood River Distillers in Oregon isn't half bad. We used to party down on Lord Rothschild vodka in high school. We were drinking some in a movie theater and we knocked the bottle over and it goes rolling down the floor. The dude in front of us sees it, grabs it, looks at us kids gives us a stern look and keeps it. Never ratted us out though. He probably drank it.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

The cheap vodka out of Hood River Distillers in Oregon isn't half bad. We used to party down on Lord Rothschild vodka in high school. We were drinking some in a movie theater and we knocked the bottle over and it goes rolling down the floor. The dude in front of us sees it, grabs it, looks at us kids gives us a stern look and keeps it. Never ratted us out though. He probably drank it.
                                Store brand vodka was good enough for me if me if I trying to get a booze buzz on when I was a youngster. I used to buy generic beer too.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...