Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    "I'm Eric Trump."
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      Guys I know don't talk like that because he's talking like a prick.

Also he was 59 at the time not 16.
      It's an insight into who Trump is and how he thinks. Regardless of if one considers the comments as "locker room banter" like Trump's media defenders did, or indicative of a mean-spirited frame of mind - and I have as yet to hear a single Trump advocate advance the rationale that because they were merely locker room banter they therefore WEREN'T sexist, misogynistic or extremely mean-spirited (if not outright criminal) toward women.

It was a private moment that morphed into a public window about how Donald Trump views women, and there was nothing positive about Trump's viewpoint unless one happens to share it.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Thank you all for peeing here, er, pissing here, er, being here!

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Wonder what Spicer is going to say tomorrow, after Cheeto hears about the crowds at the womens marches?
          Trump released a somewhat tempered tweet about the Saturday marches.

Spicer, regardless of his own personal belief in what he was ordered to say to one side, went out and made demonstrably false claims to the White House press corps and walked off after making the statement without taking any questions.

This was his first working encounter with the White House press corps. It couldn't reasonably be called a successful one by anybody with the notable exception of Trump and his supporters. It fits perfectly within the paradigm that was exemplified with Trump's New Year's Eve tweets of 2016 ("including my many enemies and those who fought me and lost so badly") and 2014 ("to everyone, including all haters and losers...always remember, winning takes care of everything") and more than a few elements of his Inaugural Address: winning is all and those who aren't on my side are losers.

I'd say it is the natural extension of a siege mentality, but in the case of Donald Trump he is correct rather than merely defensive or paranoid in the belief that his opponents are hostile to the things he says and the policies he advocates. Sadly, Trump was hunkered in the bunker before he even took office, and apparently being sworn in has failed to alleviate this mentality or cause him to want to mend divisions but rather double down.

On the heels of Spicer's statement, we now have Trump spokeswoman Kellyanne Conway making the Sunday morning political talk show rounds essentially saying that the Trump Administration has every right to expect the media to put out their (a direct quote) "alternate facts" without any independent verification or discussion regarding the truthfulness about what the Administration is saying. Also she stated that unless the media accepts and abides by these one-sided terms of reporting (at one point telling Chuck Todd of Meet The Press what HIS job as a reporter should and shouldn't entail), any type of adversarial relationship will result in a strained relationship. The implication of what THAT meant for the press in terms of diminished access was by definition unstated but perfectly clear.

So, that's where we're at.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• qikgts
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

I know he's only done one so far but Spicer's next presser should be in an empty room... Time for some tough love, you know, so he can "Make Pressers Great Again"... pftt
            Last edited by qikgts; 01-22-2017, 02:37 PM.
            You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Terry

It was a private moment that morphed into a public window about how Donald Trump views women, and there was nothing positive about Trump's viewpoint unless one happens to share it.
              Like I said to the other dude. You demonize Trump for his remarks but you post at a site dedicated to another guy who has basically the same attitude towards women. Trump's remarks were recorded without his knowledge. Roth blurts out the same kind of remarks on stage in front of huge crowds. In his defense I don't know if he changed any in his latter years or it's just a stage persona but we've all accepted his behavior without as much as a peep out of any of us except Krusty.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's an insight into who Trump is and how he thinks. Regardless of if one considers the comments as "locker room banter" like Trump's media defenders did, or indicative of a mean-spirited frame of mind - and I have as yet to hear a single Trump advocate advance the rationale that because they were merely locker room banter they therefore WEREN'T sexist, misogynistic or extremely mean-spirited (if not outright criminal) toward women.

According to various witnesses including Penn Jilette, in the hundreds of hours of material filmed for Celebrity Apprentice these kind of comments and worse were commonplace and routine from Trump.

I watched part of one from 3 years ago this week where he said that he could have any woman he wanted the minute they got on his private plane because it was so amazing and that was broadcast.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by MmeForget
                  Yeah, the guys I know were pretty disgusted by his talking that way...
                  Anyone I've ever hung around with when misogynistic chat flies around it's done with huge amounts of humor and usually self deprecating. Apart from being thought a prick anyone that talked like Trump would have the utter shit ripped out him to take him down a peg. Clearly part of the problem is that he has spent his life surrounded by little sycophantic yes men.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    Like I said to the other dude. You demonize Trump for his remarks but you post at a site dedicated to another guy who has basically the same attitude towards women. Trump's remarks were recorded without his knowledge. Roth blurts out the same kind of remarks on stage in front of huge crowds. In his defense I don't know if he changed any in his latter years or it's just a stage persona but we've all accepted his behavior without as much as a peep out of any of us except Krusty.
                    With the one self-evidently obvious (yet oddly unmentioned in your reply) fact that David Lee Roth isn't the President.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by qikgts
                      I know he's only done one so far but Spicer's next presser should be in an empty room... Time for some tough love, you know, so he can "Make Pressers Great Again"... pftt

Usually it takes much longer than the first official press conference for ANY White House Press Secretary to lose a significant amount of credibility. I mean, shit, it took Ron Ziegler 4 years...and this was during the Nixon Administration, and it took Ziegler until the height of Watergate in 1973 to be publicly challenged by the White House Press Corps for making demonstrably inaccurate or false statements. Spicer managed to accomplish this inside of his first several minutes. Well done.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

With the one self-evidently obvious (yet oddly unmentioned in your reply) fact that David Lee Roth isn't the President.
                        And at the time when he started the 'I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend' line, not qualified to be POTUS as he did not meet the minimum age requirement.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Usually it takes much longer than the first official press conference for ANY White House Press Secretary to lose a significant amount of credibility. I mean, shit, it took Ron Ziegler 4 years...and this was during the Nixon Administration, and it took Ziegler until the height of Watergate in 1973 to be publicly challenged by the White House Press Corps for making demonstrably inaccurate or false statements. Spicer managed to accomplish this inside of his first several minutes. Well done.

Don't worry, he'll get better...
                          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-22-2017, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Neither was Trump at the time.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              Neither was Trump at the time.
                              David Lee Roth isn't currently sitting behind the desk in the Oval Office. Get it?
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                And at the time when he started the 'I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend' line, not qualified to be POTUS as he did not meet the minimum age requirement.
                                Trump wasn't a politician at the time either and it was a conversation between two grown men. I see it as one guy bragging to another guy.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...