Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

It's so comforting to know we FINALLY have a President that knows what it means to KINGS OF THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

No, what you have is a fascist orange hypocrite doing the same exact thing that he bitched about the last President doing.... even though he wasn't actually doing it.

More Cheeto hypocrisy here ------> http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...hemical-attack

Not to mention this so called "Syrian gas attack" looks a lot like "Babies in incubators" 2.0. Which turned our to be complete bullshit, in case you forgot. Assad is an asshole, but he's not a dumb asshole. He wouldn't do something so stupid as to get his ass taken out, and replaced by the religious extremists, as has happened in most of his neighboring countries. Especially since his own particular sect of Islam is a minority who don't usually have an easy time if a fundaMENTAList regime takes over.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

How nice of you to give so much credit to Assad.

Instead of falsely acting like you're protecting them from the comfort of your home, why don't you put your activism where your mouth is, and go on over there and offer some real help? I'd think you'd accomplish much more that way, than sitting there bitching about Trump 24/7.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
          It's so comforting to know we FINALLY have a President that knows what it means to KINGS OF THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!
          Your dick must be so incredibly small.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Why don't I somehow feel comforted?

Although in truth I could have easily seen Hillary doing the same thing in response had she been elected, somehow I'm still not comforted.

I went to my safe space, sucked my thumb, had several Pepsis...and yet I feel a great unease about all of this: I wish my mommy (Nancy Pelosi) would hold me and tell me I'm still a good and special person.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
              Your dick must be so incredibly small.
              It's never failed to satisfy me.

Now go back to doing your social work, you drug addicted community college flunky.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

It's never failed to satisfy me.

Now go back to doing your social work, you drug addicted community college flunky.

Q. Your dick must be so incredibly small

A. It's never failed to satisfy me

I'll have to remember that one for future use...since I also have a baby dick.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

I have to agree "its never failed to satisfy me" is the funniest thing someone has said on here in ages
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Well, and that's certainly part of it: yes, Assad is doing terrible things to segments of the Syrian population. No question about it.

To me, bombing the airfields isn't really an end in itself. Airfields can be rebuilt or relocated.

If President Trump wants to do something meaningful in Syria, for me that would involve getting Russia onboard along with the United Nations (rather than having Nikki Haley echo John Bolton's "if you don't do what America wants, you are irrelevant and America will go it alone" - just because she's more photogenic than Bolton doesn't make the essence of what she is saying any more meaningful), forging an international consensus and coalition for removing Assad, doing so, then coordinating a humanitarian mission to bring necessary supplies to the Syrian population and help rebuild the country after Assad is removed. I mean, very little of that was done (the bare minimum in terms of satisfying mere optics of perception) in the ramping up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and that wasn't some ancient undertaking where the lessons may have been understandably somewhat forgotten.

All of that assumes one is looking at Syria as a humanitarian crisis and not solely as some small piece of the puzzle in the Global War on Terror or asserting US global strength relative to Russia, or not taking into account the frationalization of the Syrian government and peoples. In other words, not merely using Syria as a proxy or a pretext for larger American global ambitions and doing so only when it is useful to then abandoning Syria when it will inevitably become convenient to do so down the line.

Basically, there's no quick fix in Syria. Airstrikes alone certainly isn't a comprehensive solution, and what is actually required to solve the crisis in Syria involves a lot of international diplomacy, financial and humanitarian aid and patience regarding the slow, careful, deliberative process needed. The military component is a relatively small one within the context of the rest of what is required.

Does Trump realize this? Is Congress onboard? Are the American people? Is Trump surrounded by enough competent government administrators to enact a Syrian plan that will be sustained over the long haul? Is there an actual plan in place already? Or was this bombing something more impulsive? Because that's how it looks to me at first glance. If so, that's hardly an "America: Fuck Yeah!" occasion to be celebrated.
                        Last edited by Terry; 04-08-2017, 11:39 AM.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• jacksmar
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

anyone can always tell when you're correct when the commlibs cry like a little girl that's just been kicked in the back.

No UN resolutions, No “Coalition of the Whatever”,No red-lines, No endless debate in the leftist media, no talking.

Perfect execution by a brand-new team. Deliberate action, swift, measured, and proportional.

here's the truth: this chemical attack was the result of that vile anti-Mohammad video..........
                          A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Um asshole, it's no longer 2008.

Grow.The.Fuck.Up.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
                              anyone can always tell when you're correct when the commlibs cry like a little girl that's just been kicked in the back.
                              Better talk to that "commlib" Michael Weiner Savage about that. I don't think he agrees with you.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar

No UN resolutions, No “Coalition of the Whatever”,No red-lines, No endless debate in the leftist media, no talking.

Perfect execution by a brand-new team. Deliberate action, swift, measured, and proportional.

here's the truth: this chemical attack was the result of that vile anti-Mohammad video..........
                                Surely bombing from offshore alone isn't going to solve the situation in Syria long-term.

By definition it was a deliberate action. It certainly was swift.

Let's give you that it was both measured and proportional.

Where do we go from here?

Am not asking rhetorically because I have a multitude of smug retorts to whatever answer(s) I assume you might give.

Seriously, what do you think should happen next?
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...