• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Just nonsense no one ever said it made you invincible.

Joe Biden, CNN town hall, July 2021:

This is a simple, basic proposition. If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in an ICU unit, and you are not going to die.

But, again, one last thing. We don’t talk enough to you about this, I don’t think. One last thing that’s really important is, we’re not in the position where we think that any virus, including the Delta virus, which is much more transmissible and more deadly in terms of unvaccinated people, the — the various shots that people are getting now cover that. You’re OK. You’re not going to — you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 02-01-2022, 03:52 PM.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

What Rogan didn't get and is maybe just starting to is that there is a line when it isn't just you shooting the shit getting stoned in your 'mancave' and that line is way before you have millions in your audience. If you are on Spotify being paid tens of millions you are the fucking Mainstream Media. After all these years he's still doing the bullshit he used to do when he was a moon landing denier of saying 'Hey i'm just asking questions'. I'll go straight to Hitler to save time, Rogan would have given him a 3 hour podcast saying he had some interesting ideas.

Terry, Rogan isn't stupid but he's not wise because he has no clue about critical thinking, he doesn't have any skills in working out what is true and what isn't especially when it comes to anything scientific. He's the kind of guy who believes the last thing someone said to him.

Also it's pretty ironic that if you look at virtually any story about this you have a total pile on of 100s of Rogan podcast viewers shouting everyone down about how they want to do their own research and shut up.

People seem to have forgotten that until recently his main advertiser was 'magical' brain supplements that claimed to make you smarter... talk about snake oil the jokes write themselves at that point.

Watching some of the reaction in the last week is like when you see Sharon Osbourne playing the character of the loveable mother hen on daytime TV and everyone lapping it up because they weren't paying attention during the prefame decades...
      Which I wouldn't disagree with in terms of Rogan perhaps lacking wisdom re: lack of strong critical thinking skills. Like more than a few people, Rogan could well be comfortable 'knowing what they know' and nothing short of a situation that affects him personally in a manner contrary to what his beliefs were will change his thinking on any given topic.

I think I'm closer to the mindset of Nitro Express in that for me Joe Rogan is entertainment. Yes, entertainers have - for whatever reason(s) - social influence over some people. However, if people are intellectually incurious to the point where they're taking their covid cues exclusively from Joe Rogan (or whatever sports/tv/movie/internet personality figure)...I'm not sure there's much one can do with folks who are lacking in perspective and critical faculties, outside of trying (again and again, and possibly in the end to no avail) to educate them. I'm certainly not going to blame their susceptibility to dubious influence on Joe Rogan (or Alex Jones, or Kim Kardashian, or Donald Trump, or Neil Young, or Joni Mitchell or whoever).

Some folks look at the Snake Oil Salesman barking on his wooden box as entertainment that neither picks their pocket nor breaks their leg. Others buy the Magic Elixer the salesman is peddling. Doubtless there is a cost to ignorance, but it isn't illegal to be functionally illiterate. People are free to side with or be influenced by Rogan, or Young/Mitchell. People are free not to give a shit about anything Rogan, Young or Mitchell say or do.

I don't think Rogan has explicitly advocated on his podcast for his listeners not to get vaccinated, although I may be wrong about that. Even if he has, that in and of itself isn't illegal, just as it isn't illegal for people to opt out of getting vaccinated. Spotify is a privately-owned internet site/business, isn't it?

Should Rogan and everybody else - famous or not - take the time to perform due diligence about the basic science behind covid and vaccines before they go on public platforms and make pronouncements?

Yep.

The flip side of the coin for me is that I'm taking my covid cues from the scientific community, not celebrities/entertainers.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        Biden's an old guy who's had brain lapses ever since his aneurysm. So in context, the first sentence you "bolded" there is the important part. I'm guessing the second one was his attempt to repeat what he said the first time, but he misspoke, as Biden often does. Taking his entire quote in context, it's clear that he's saying that vaccines don't stop the virus from spreading, they just stop it from killing you, or making your life fucking miserable for weeks or months.

And you know I ain't Joe's biggest fan.... but it's not much of a mystery what he was saying there.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

On this one issue he has been a menace. One of my friends in his 50s cites the Rogan podcasts as the reason why he is refusing to get booster vaccine or any more COVID vaccines. This gives him a 50-80 times higher chance of being hospitalized by a COVID infection. He's fit enough so 80 times quite a small number but it is what it is.
          This ties into my post above.

And it's not to necessarily look down my nose at your friend in terms of his ability to make well-informed choices, because living in Florida I have (as you may well imagine) more than a few friends who took their covid cues from Donald Trump and refused to so much as even wear a mask or social distance ALL ALONG, much less get ANY vaccines AT ALL: their dubious rationales didn't make me blame Donald Trump for their lack of critical thinking. More than a few of my anti-mask/vaccine friends were in their 40s and 50s. By that age, you generally have a developed capacity for critical thinking or you don't. If you don't, which particular huckster leads you astray is pretty much irrelevant, because if it wasn't Joe Rogan it could have as easily been any other entertainer your friend liked.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

To clarify I don't think I've said Rogan should be shut down or censored I'm just ranting about how wrong he is.

That statement by Biden was dumb but I hear he has a reputation for that.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

But by-and-large that's true. A tiny percentage of the fully vaccinated may have died of Covid complications but for the most part it is unvaccinated people in the ICU's and you can just as easily point to the retards that died of Covid believing it was all a "plandemic"....

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Pulled that off of a FaceCrook "blog" did you?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Pulled that off of a FaceCrook "blog" did you?
                  It's quoted on a CNN fact check

President Joe Biden participated Wednesday in the second CNN town hall of his presidency, taking questions from anchor Don Lemon and local residents in Cincinnati.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

To clarify I don't think I've said Rogan should be shut down or censored I'm just ranting about how wrong he is.

That statement by Biden was dumb but I hear he has a reputation for that.
                    Which I hadn't assumed you were implying re: Rogan shut down/cancelled/censored.

People are free to make public statements about their covid beliefs, science-based or not, and others are free to judge those statements as to their validity.

It's hard to tell if what Biden said was just yet another gaffe from him trying to encourage people to get vaccinated by way of attempting to say that those who have been vaccinated by and large have a better chance of not requiring hospitalization from whatever covid variant than those who haven't been vaccinated...clearly, you can still get covid if you have been vaccinated.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      But by-and-large that's true. A tiny percentage of the fully vaccinated may have died of Covid complications but for the most part it is unvaccinated people in the ICU's and you can just as easily point to the retards that died of Covid believing it was all a "plandemic"....
                      Clearly, those non-vaccinated people in ICUs on ventilators are false flag crisis actors trying to scare the sheeple into getting government administered needles poked into their arms so the government can inject their serum that will kill off 25% of the world population in 5 years from now so as to avoid the overpopulation of the planet.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I believe there's a really good lesson being taught right now and it seems some are starting to come to the realization that we don't know enough about this virus and how we've dealt with it for any one stance, approach or position to be fully correct.

Even those who have certain qualifications to speak knowledgably about this pandemic have gotten a lot of things they thought were credible... flat out wrong.

It's not necessarily stupidity... although there's plenty of that to go around... but it's also the variability, complexity of the virus and the huge genetic variability within human physiology that's proving this thing a real bitch to nail it down.

Sadly some of the responses to the pandemic were high on good intentions but low of effectivity... as we're learning... shutdowns, closures, shelter-in-place mandates were extremely ineffective in reducing mortality and infections spread. In some cases made the virus impacts it worse. Clearly it's caused loss of life and significant disruptions and economic disasters still being generated.
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          Sadly some of the responses to the pandemic were high on good intentions but low of effectivity... as we're learning... shutdowns, closures, shelter-in-place mandates were extremely ineffective in reducing mortality and infections spread. In some cases made the virus impacts it worse. Clearly it's caused loss of life and significant disruptions and economic disasters still being generated.
                          Forget Rogan, looks like the Zah Man has some disinformation of his own. Say, slave SESH didn't you ban Elvis for saying much the same? I guess it's all about name dropping.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Terry, Rogan isn't stupid but he's not wise because he has no clue about critical thinking, he doesn't have any skills in working out what is true and what isn't especially when it comes to anything scientific. He's the kind of guy who believes the last thing someone said to him.
                            slave SESH Rogan is stupid. He is beyond the pale of fucking stupid. He's a disinformationist/propagandist who utilizes click bait yellow journalism to sell advertising to his demographic audience of white middle-aged males over 40 and still living with one parent or both. There are burnt out light bulbs laying in landfills for decades that are brighter than Joe Rogan. That's how fucking insanely stupid he is. If you placed Rogan in a bag of dicks and beat him with a another bag of hammers both bags would score higher I.Q. points than Rogan. He does have skills just charismatic ones like how he is the Blue Buddha Guru on the mountain of psychedelics, how he is the all-knowing homoerotic MMA king, how he sucks his own dick, how Alex Jone$ sucks his dick, how his comedy is George Carlin (what an insult to Carlin). No corporate cunt company like Suckify is going to give this bald fool $100 million to be a dumbfuck. He has to be a charismatic dumbfuck who can easily bullshit others while the suits he sold his soul to buy new Ferraris and yachts based solely on his stupidity.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Those nipples...cannot be unseen...

Comment

Working...