Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I can't watch pro Trump evangelicals talk about him because it is too depressing.

Apart from everything else and that's a big everything, he was found by a US jury to have committed a sexual assault on a woman. There are so many crimes and misdemeanors at this point they all seem to cancel themselves out in minds of many voters.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Meh. Evangelical Christianity is just a business. You got gullible useful idiots on both sides. Keep em arguing and the rich keep owning more and more. Nothing changes whether Trump wins or not. Everyone has grabbed some ass.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Other side says so you are saying that the president can legally order a SEAL team to kill political rivals unless 2/3rds of the senate vote impeachment?
        And what if Biden (say) decides to kill a proportion of the "Freedom Cuntcaus"? So, the president can now kill anyone that would vote to impeach him?

Comment

• silverfish
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2007

Trump’s latest about-face: He now says 2020 election was ‘long over’

In the months after the 2020 election, Donald Trump leaned on his campaign to launch ad blitzes and legal
          challenges to the results, insisting to his supporters that the election was “ a long way from over.” He even
          told state and federal courts he was suing in his capacity as a political candidate.

Now, in a bid to derail criminal charges, he’s saying the opposite. At least six times in the past two weeks,
          Trump has declared that the election was “ long over” by the time he began pushing state officials and
          then-Vice President Mike Pence to overturn his defeat.

It’s a new piece of rhetoric that’s meant to bolster Trump’s assertion of “presidential immunity” from his
          criminal charges for interfering with the transfer of power. He wasn’t a candidate anymore, Trump’s new theory goes, so he must have been doing his job as president to ensure elections are fair.

But there’s a problem: It flies in the face of the legal arguments Trump made three years ago, during his
          frenetic push to subvert the election results. Even after the votes had been counted and certified, Trump
          filed lawsuits contesting the results — and he claimed he was doing so not as the outgoing president,
          but as a candidate.

It’s even what he told the Supreme Court in a Dec. 9, 2020 brief filed by his lawyer at the time, John
          Eastman. “He seeks to intervene in this matter in his personal capacity as a candidate for reelection,”
          Eastman wrote.

Full story at:
          Originally posted by sadaist
          I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• silverfish
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2007

Trump Ordered to Pay The New York Times Hundreds of Thousands Over ‘Frivolous’ Lawsuit
              A New York state judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay The New York Times a six-figure
              legal fee over a now-dismissed lawsuit he brought against the paper.

Trump faces another loss at court with a $392,638.69 fine to pay for the journalists’ legal fees, according
              to Time’s reporter Susanne Craig, who slammed the lawsuit in which she was included as “frivolous.”

Full story at:
              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Trumps new economic theory of "supply change", Dementia Donald can't fucking pronounce "chains"...

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Seek help for your TDS.

Comment

• silverfish
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Mar 2007

Trump loses immunity bid as appeals court rules he’s just a “citizen”

A federal appeals court on Tuesday unanimously rejected former President Donald Trump’s claim that he is
                          immune from prosecution in the D.C. election subversion case.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals for the District of Columbia in a 57-page opinion
                          found that there is no basis for Trump to assert blanket immunity for all acts committed as president.

"We cannot accept that the office of the Presidency places its former occupants above the law for all time
                          thereafter,” the judges wrote.

“For the purpose of this criminal case, former President Trump has become citizen Trump, with all of the
                          defenses of any other criminal defendant. But any executive immunity that may have protected him while
                          he served as President no longer protects him against this prosecution," the opinion said.

Full story at:

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            Seek help for your TDS.
                            Seriously, you like this guy that didn't know the concept of "supply chains" he had never "heard of" and thinks it's supply change. Pretty sure problems of "supply chains" are beyond any president's capacity and he is no less culpable than Sleepy Joe is in all that...

I mean, 7 years of Wharton College down the drain....

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              I can't watch pro Trump evangelicals talk about him because it is too depressing.

Apart from everything else and that's a big everything, he was found by a US jury to have committed a sexual assault on a woman. There are so many crimes and misdemeanors at this point they all seem to cancel themselves out in minds of many voters.
                              I am not following all that closely, but in that most recent trial, which was the defamation one, The "judge" prohibited the most basic facts from being brought into the court as evidence.

You don't actually believe that trial to be anything more than a gross example of justice gone wrong and entirely politically motivated. They literally changed the statute of limitations JUST so this case could be brought forward. It is certain to be appealed and I can't see it standing. Maybe you are referring to another trial.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                                I am not following all that closely, but in that most recent trial, which was the defamation one, The "judge" prohibited the most basic facts from being brought into the court as evidence.
                                I think you got the wrong end of the stick there as Trump intended.

In our systems of justice once you have been found guilty by a jury as Trump has you are not allowed to say that your accuser is a liar because that is the settled opinion of the court. This was not an appeal it was a defamation case because Trump had continued to say that the victim was lying.

He wasn't allowed to present a defense of the original crime because he had already done that and been found guilty by a jury in the first case. All he was able to defend was whether he had been defaming her which given all the video evidence and that he was muttering it throughout the court case didn't give him much of a chance of winning that.

Meanwhile in one of his other cases he is boasting about how wealthy he is so naturally her lawyers said that this guy is super rich he is continuing to deny the jury finding in the first case so you need to hit him with such a big judgement he shuts up.

For you or me that might mean $20k but for Trump they(the jury in the second case) decided it would take $83 million.
                                Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-06-2024, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...