Trump Is Fucked

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • silverfish
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007
    • 553

    Trump posts nearly $92M bond to appeal E. Jean Carroll defamation damages

    Trump's bond payment was underwritten by insurance company Chubb, an international insurance provider
    based in Switzerland.

    In New York, defendants in civil cases are required to pay a bond worth at least 110% of the judgment
    amount in order delay paying the penalty as they appeal.

    On March 25, Trump will have to post a bond of $454 million if he's going to appeal the judgment in New
    York's civil fraud case.

    Full story at:
    Originally posted by sadaist
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

    Comment

    • Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

      • Oct 2004
      • 49230



      Comment

      • Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004
        • 16518

        Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        What in the living fuck is the orange idiot going on about? We won World War I and World War II from our forts?? (All those World War II battles that happened inside the United States, huh??)

        Andrew Jackson's "persecution as a President" killed his wife?? She died BEFORE his inauguration!! This mindless, demented old fool knows NOTHING about our history.

        Who are the fucking losers who go to these things and laugh and smile at the mindless, self-absorbed garbage he's ranting about?

        He doesn't even talk policy. He doesn't talk about issues. He rambles on and on (fumbling over his words constantly) about the "blood that will spill" from all the people who have wronged him.

        I cannot imagine leaving my home and sitting for hours to listen to an idiot talk about himself (and nothing else). His inability to use words more than 2 or 3 syllables, his complete ignorance of history, his complete inability to understand the real issues or dangers facing real Americans... He actually says that immigrants "aren't human beings" and calls them "animals"?

        What the fuck is the appeal of this moron?

        (The only problem with the AI speech is he sounds too eloquent...not constantly fumbling over his words as he does in real speeches. But at least the 2nd speech has him telling the whole truth.)
        Roth Army Militia

        Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

        Comment

        • Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

          • Oct 2003
          • 35223

          HIstory has never been his strong point...

          Comment

          • Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004
            • 16347

            Originally posted by Rikk
            What in the living fuck is the orange idiot going on about? We won World War I and World War II from our forts?? (All those World War II battles that happened inside the United States, huh??)

            Andrew Jackson's "persecution as a President" killed his wife?? She died BEFORE his inauguration!! This mindless, demented old fool knows NOTHING about our history.

            Who are the fucking losers who go to these things and laugh and smile at the mindless, self-absorbed garbage he's ranting about?

            He doesn't even talk policy. He doesn't talk about issues. He rambles on and on (fumbling over his words constantly) about the "blood that will spill" from all the people who have wronged him.

            I cannot imagine leaving my home and sitting for hours to listen to an idiot talk about himself (and nothing else). His inability to use words more than 2 or 3 syllables, his complete ignorance of history, his complete inability to understand the real issues or dangers facing real Americans... He actually says that immigrants "aren't human beings" and calls them "animals"?

            What the fuck is the appeal of this moron?

            (The only problem with the AI speech is he sounds too eloquent...not constantly fumbling over his words as he does in real speeches. But at least the 2nd speech has him telling the whole truth.)
            Post of the year, bitches.

            Comment

            • Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004
              • 16347

              Ol orange F A T T Y's thinker isn't firing on all 8 cylinders, especially following his most recent small stroke in Iowa that resulted in his right-leg limp and phonemic paraphasia language disorder -- classic signs of a left-brain infarct.

              Comment

              • Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004
                • 16518

                Originally posted by Kristy
                Ol orange F A T T Y's thinker isn't firing on all 8 cylinders, especially following his most recent small stroke in Iowa that resulted in his right-leg limp and phonemic paraphasia language disorder -- classic signs of a left-brain infarct.
                I just sit stunned when MAGA idiots try and mock me for voting for "a President who can't speak properly and is confused." Who the fuck is the guy they Sieg Heil to every morning??
                Roth Army Militia

                Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

                Comment

                • Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

                  • Oct 2004
                  • 49230

                  Originally posted by Kristy
                  Ol orange F A T T Y's thinker isn't firing on all 8 cylinders, especially following his most recent small stroke in Iowa that resulted in his right-leg limp and phonemic paraphasia language disorder -- classic signs of a left-brain infarct.
                  He never had many cylinders to begin with...

                  Comment

                  • silverfish
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 553

                    Trump can’t post bond in his $454 million fraud case

                    In a filing to a New York appeals court, Trump said that the judgment, ordered by a state judge last month,
                    was so large that suretors wouldn’t accept real estate as collateral and would require cash to guarantee
                    the bond. A private company like the Trump Organization would need $1 billion in cash to obtain the bond
                    and to continue to operate, an amount the company doesn’t have, the filing said.

                    ....[If] he is unable to obtain a bond, New York Attorney General Letitia James, who sued Trump in 2022,
                    could begin enforcing the judgment at the beginning of next week. James, a Democrat, has said that if
                    Trump can’t come up with the money, she will look to seize his assets.

                    Source:
                    Donald Trump says he won't be able to post the $454 million bond required by his loss a few weeks ago in a New York business fraud case: In a filing to a New York appeals court, Trump said that the judgment, ordered by a state judge last month, was so large that suretors wouldn’t accept real estate as collateral and


                    Shocking that a BILLIONAIRE would have a problem raising any amount of money.
                    Unless, of course, you're not so much a Billionaire...

                    Stupid effin' doofus
                    Originally posted by sadaist
                    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

                    Comment

                    • Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 16518

                      When Newsweek's actual headline on Orange Fatty is "Trump's Net Worth Mocked As He Struggles To Find $464 Million," you just know that he's crying into his Big Mac.

                      I guess his 2015 claims of being worth $9 or $10 billion were as laughable as everyone thought...

                      ...but, as the MAGA cultists don't get, that's PART of what this case is all about...
                      Roth Army Militia

                      Originally posted by WARF
                      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

                      Comment

                      • Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

                        • Oct 2004
                        • 49230

                        What We Know About Trump’s Failure to Arrange a Half-Billion-Dollar Bond

                        Kate Christobek and Ben Protess
                        Tue, March 19, 2024 at 7:43 AM EDT·5 min read


                        The calendar is not Donald Trump’s friend.

                        In six days, the former president must secure an appeal bond for roughly half a billion dollars in his civil fraud case in New York, a possibility that was called into question Monday.

                        In a court filing, Trump’s lawyers revealed that he had been unable to secure an appeal bond despite “diligent efforts” that included approaching about 30 bond companies.

                        Sign up for The Morning newsletter from the New York Times

                        While Trump this month managed to post a $91.6 million bond in a defamation case he recently lost to writer E. Jean Carroll, securing the deal at the eleventh hour from a large insurance company, he lacks the assets needed to secure the far bigger guarantee for the fraud case.

                        If he cannot produce the bond by March 25, Trump faces the possibility of financial disaster and humiliation. New York’s attorney general, who brought the fraud case, would be entitled to collect the $454 million and could seek to seize Trump’s New York properties or freeze his bank accounts.

                        And Trump’s money problems spread well beyond New York. As the presumptive Republican nominee for president, he is facing increased pressure to raise money to fund his campaign, lagging behind his opponent, President Joe Biden, in fundraising.

                        Here’s what we know about Trump’s financial problems:

                        Why does Trump owe so much?

                        Attorney General Letitia James took Trump to trial last fall and accused him of fraudulently inflating the value of his assets to obtain favorable loan terms.

                        Trump lost, and Justice Arthur Engoron imposed a judgment of $355 million plus interest, amounting to $454 million. Although James could have moved to collect immediately, she offered a 30-day grace period, which ends March 25.

                        Trump is now on the hook for the entirety of the judgment while he appeals. He can either come up with the money himself or, more likely, obtain a bond from a company that would promise to pay if Trump lost his appeal and defaulted.

                        For a bond of this size, Trump would need to pledge a significant amount of collateral — as much as $557 million, his lawyers said — including as much cash as possible, as well as any stocks and bonds he could sell quickly. He would also owe the bond company a fee that could amount to $20 million.

                        Does he have the money to cover it?

                        Short answer: no.

                        While Trump has long bragged about his wealth, his true financial position remains something of a mystery. A recent New York Times analysis found that Trump had more than $350 million in cash, but most of his other money was tied up in his real estate holdings.

                        In other words, he is not liquid enough to offer the collateral required for a bond this big.

                        And he has less cash available today than he did even a week ago. To secure the bond in the case he lost to Carroll, Trump most likely had to pledge more than $100 million in collateral to Chubb, the giant insurance company that provided the bond.

                        What comes next?

                        Trump has appealed the $454 million judgment and asked a higher New York court either to pause it or to accept a lesser bond of $100 million. James could also grant additional time for Trump to pay or show mercy to the former president by offering a counterproposal.

                        He might appeal to the state’s highest court, quickly sell an asset or seek help from a wealthy supporter.

                        And if all else fails, as a last resort, he could have the corporate entities implicated in the fraud case file for bankruptcy, which would automatically halt the judgment against those entities.

                        But Trump is likely to balk at a bankruptcy filing.

                        If none of these options happens by March 25, and Trump misses the deadline, James would be free to collect the money owed to the state.

                        Could he use campaign money to pay James?

                        Probably not.

                        A super PAC supporting his candidacy can raise unlimited amounts but is legally banned from coordinating with him and cannot pay the judgment.

                        And although the former president has used a political action committee under his control to pay for lawyers and witnesses in his legal cases, that group lacks the kind of money needed to address the $454 million penalty.

                        He is now scrambling to raise campaign cash as he faces a significant financial disparity with Biden. Biden’s campaign recently announced that it had entered March with $155 million cash on hand. While the Trump operation has not released a more recent total, between his campaign account and the Republican National Committee, there was about $40 million at the end of January.

                        What else is happening on March 25?

                        Trump also has a crucial hearing in his Manhattan criminal case, which could be the first prosecution of a former American president.

                        Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg filed charges against Trump that accuse him of covering up a sex scandal involving a porn actor to bolster his 2016 presidential campaign. The case is now proceeding to trial.

                        Jury selection was originally scheduled to start March 25, but the trial was delayed late last week after the disclosure of more than 100,000 pages of records that had been in the possession of the federal prosecutors.

                        While the documents have now been turned over, the trial was postponed to mid-April to give Trump’s lawyers time to review the papers.

                        Judge Juan M. Merchan set the March 25 hearing to determine if the trial should be delayed further and to rule on Trump’s motion for an outright dismissal.

                        The Manhattan case is among four criminal prosecutions Trump faces.

                        2024 The New York Times Co.

                        Comment

                        • FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

                          • Jan 2004
                          • 58835

                          Cheeto Sues ABC & George Snuffleupagus??

                          Trump sues ABC News and George Stephanopoulos for defamation over Nancy Mace interview
                          By Oliver Darcy, CNN
                          Published 10:51 AM EDT, Tue March 19, 2024

                          Former President Donald Trump filed yet another lawsuit against the news media late Monday, accusing ABC News and George Stephanopoulos of defamation over assertions the anchor made in a combative interview.

                          In an interview on “This Week,” Stephanopoulos pressed Republican Rep. Nancy Mace, a rape survivor, over her continued support of Trump after a jury found he sexually abused writer E. Jean Carroll in 1996, awarding her $88 million for battery and defamation. Stephanopoulos asserted multiple times in the interview with Mace that Trump had raped Carroll.

                          “You endorsed Donald Trump for president. Judges and two separate juries have found him liable for rape and for defaming the victim of that rape. How do you square your endorsement of Donald Trump with the testimony that we just saw?” Stephanopoulos asked Mace.

                          The South Carolina Republican defended her support of the former president, arguing that the jury decision was merely in a civil case. “It was not a criminal court case, number one,” she told Stephanopoulos. “Number two, I live with shame. And you’re asking me a question about my political choices trying to shame me as a rape victim.”

                          While a Manhattan federal jury last year found that Trump had sexually abused Carroll, sufficient to hold him liable for battery, the jury did not find that she proved he had raped her. Dismissing a countersuit months later, however, the judge in the case concluded that the claim Trump raped Carroll was “substantially true.”

                          “Indeed, the jury’s verdict in Carroll II establishes, as against Mr Trump, the fact that Mr Trump ‘raped her’, albeit digitally rather than with his penis. Thus, it establishes against him the substantial truth of Ms Carroll’s ‘rape’ accusations,” Judge Lewis Kaplan wrote.

                          Trump’s lawsuit, which was filed in federal court in the Southern District of Florida, claims that Stephanopoulos’s statements were “false, intentional, malicious and designed to cause harm.”

                          A representative for ABC News did not provide an immediate comment.

                          But Trump, who regularly demonizes the press, has a long history of filing meritless lawsuits against the news media. He was recently forced to pay $392,000 in attorney fees to The New York Times for a failed lawsuit against the newspaper.
                          Eat Us And Smile

                          Cenk For America 2024!!

                          Justice Democrats


                          "If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

                          Comment

                          • Mushroom
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 1127

                            Originally posted by silverfish
                            Trump can’t post bond in his $454 million fraud case

                            In a filing to a New York appeals court, Trump said that the judgment, ordered by a state judge last month,
                            was so large that suretors wouldn’t accept real estate as collateral and would require cash to guarantee
                            the bond. A private company like the Trump Organization would need $1 billion in cash to obtain the bond
                            and to continue to operate, an amount the company doesn’t have, the filing said.

                            ....[If] he is unable to obtain a bond, New York Attorney General Letitia James, who sued Trump in 2022,
                            could begin enforcing the judgment at the beginning of next week. James, a Democrat, has said that if
                            Trump can’t come up with the money, she will look to seize his assets.

                            Source:
                            Donald Trump says he won't be able to post the $454 million bond required by his loss a few weeks ago in a New York business fraud case: In a filing to a New York appeals court, Trump said that the judgment, ordered by a state judge last month, was so large that suretors wouldn’t accept real estate as collateral and


                            Shocking that a BILLIONAIRE would have a problem raising any amount of money.
                            Unless, of course, you're not so much a Billionaire...

                            Stupid effin' doofus
                            That’s a shame (sarcasm). Too bad Taylor Swift is not a Trump supporter.

                            Comment

                            • Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004
                              • 16347

                              "People come up to me with tears in their eyes saying 'Mr. President, no one does very, very sexual assault like you do!' Sleepy Joe can't do sexual assault the way I can!"

                              Also,

                              "Just hypothetically...say I wanted to transfer money from the RNC Treasury account....to ANOTHER bank account....how would I...hypothetically...do that?"

                              ---Lara Trump on her first day as RNC Co-Chair

                              Comment

                              • Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004
                                • 16347

                                Originally posted by silverfish
                                Trump can’t post bond in his $454 million fraud case

                                In a filing to a New York appeals court, Trump said that the judgment, ordered by a state judge last month,
                                was so large that suretors wouldn’t accept real estate as collateral and would require cash to guarantee
                                the bond. A private company like the Trump Organization would need $1 billion in cash to obtain the bond
                                and to continue to operate, an amount the company doesn’t have, the filing said.

                                ....[If] he is unable to obtain a bond, New York Attorney General Letitia James, who sued Trump in 2022,
                                could begin enforcing the judgment at the beginning of next week. James, a Democrat, has said that if
                                Trump can’t come up with the money, she will look to seize his assets.

                                Source:
                                Donald Trump says he won't be able to post the $454 million bond required by his loss a few weeks ago in a New York business fraud case: In a filing to a New York appeals court, Trump said that the judgment, ordered by a state judge last month, was so large that suretors wouldn’t accept real estate as collateral and


                                Shocking that a BILLIONAIRE would have a problem raising any amount of money.
                                Unless, of course, you're not so much a Billionaire...

                                Stupid effin' doofus

                                Just In: Politico-Ipsos poll of Americans:

                                - 70% reject Trump's claims of presidential immunity
                                - 59% said Trump should stand trial in the federal election subversion case before Election Day
                                - 49% think that, if Trump is convicted in the federal election subversion case, he should be imprisoned
                                - 52% believe Trump is guilty of the alleged crimes in the classified documents case, 50% in the hush money case, 49% in the federal election subversion case, and 49% in the Georgia election subversion case

                                Comment

                                Working...