X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    ...How many bogus indictments are we going to have? .....
    Which ones? Specifically, why?

When I was in the military, we would have skinned someone for doing what he did...

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

cnbc.com
      DeSantis replaces campaign manager as he scrambles to catch Trump
      Kevin Breuninger

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is replacing his presidential campaign manager as he struggles to close his polling gap with former President Donald Trump and faces growing concerns from top donors.

Generra Peck, who was instrumental to DeSantis’ sweeping gubernatorial reelection last year but has come under fire as the head of his White House bid, is being replaced by James Uthmeier, who was chief of staff for the governor’s office.

Political strategist David Polyansky, who was working for the pro-DeSantis super political action committee Never Back Down, is being hired as Uthmeier’s deputy campaign manager, the campaign confirmed Tuesday.

Peck will remain as DeSantis’ chief campaign strategist, according to The Messenger, which first reported on the change in management.

Uthmeier has no prior experience running a political campaign. He had been in the chief of staff role for just over a year, according to his LinkedIn page.

The top-down shakeup comes after DeSantis’ 10-week-old campaign has fired dozens of staffers in what has become a protracted campaign reboot reportedly prompted in part by money concerns.
      CNBC Politics

“James Uthmeier has been one of Governor DeSantis’ top advisors for years and he is needed where it matters most: working hand in hand with Generra Peck and the rest of the team to put the governor in the best possible position to win this primary and defeat Joe Biden,” communications director Andrew Romeo said in a statement to CNBC.

“David Polyansky will also be a critical addition to the team given his presidential campaign experience in Iowa and work at Never Back Down,” Romeo said. “We are excited about these additions as we continue to spread the governor’s message across the country. It’s time to reverse our nation’s decline and revive America’s future.”

Uthmeier will take the reins just weeks before the first Republican presidential debate, which is set for Aug. 23 in Milwaukee. Many of the candidates have homed in on the debates as a critical opportunity to crack through to the top of the primary field, which has so far been dominated by Trump.

The former president has signaled he is leaning toward skipping the debates.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The more I see of DeSantis ignoring politics I'm kind of puzzled that someone who so badly fails the test of 'would you like to have a beer with this guy' has got so far. Then I remember Ted Cruz. Forget president I don't understand how they got party nominations for state governor.
        Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-08-2023, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Maybe this propaganda film from 1942 will help:

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
            I don't think Kennedy is that much of a wild card, either.
            He's a fucking moron but popular among people under 30 who look up to Joe Rogan...

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

I'll give Kennedy credit for at least having the gumption to go on podcasts, rather than merely delivering a series of rehearsed speeches and doing a bunch of handshaking/selfies. If only because with a podcast there's a chance you can have a candidate expound upon a topic longer than a soundbite and provide answers longer than bumper sticker length slogans.

But, yeah, beyond that I've got no use for Kennedy.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                The more I see of DeSantis ignoring politics I'm kind of puzzled that someone who so badly fails the test of 'would you like to have a beer with this guy' has got so far. Then I remember Ted Cruz. Forget president I don't understand how they got party nominations for state governor.
                DeSantis got carried by Trump in 2018, and even then [DeSantis] just barely managed to win...by less than a percentage point.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                  I'll give Kennedy credit for at least having the gumption to go on podcasts, rather than merely delivering a series of rehearsed speeches and doing a bunch of handshaking/selfies. If only because with a podcast there's a chance you can have a candidate expound upon a topic longer than a soundbite and provide answers longer than bumper sticker length slogans.
                  Does he really have a choice?

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bobby knows how podcasts & talk radio work, because that's what he did for a living before he lost his mind. He used to be part of "Ring of Fire" radio which was the weekend show on the old Air America network & the Progressive Voices internet stream which succeeded it. If I remember, he left the show after a while, due to "creative differences". Don't remember if his anti-vax views were a factor, but the main reason was that he backed Hillary in 2008, while the other hosts backed Obama. Guess that might have been the first sign he was mentally "slipping"?
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Meatball Ron's debate notes leaked:

On Thursday, key details about how he might approach the crucial debate were revealed in a report from The New York Times about a trove of documents posted online by a political consulting firm associated with Never Back Down, the super political action committee that has in many ways taken over his campaign.

Sign up for The Morning newsletter from the New York Times

The advice on display, which included potential attack lines and debate tactics, could be somewhat condescending — reminding DeSantis, for example, that he should be “showing emotion” when discussing his wife and children. Other parts were perhaps too revealing: suggesting that the governor attack entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, who has been gaining on him in the polls but had otherwise not been widely seen as a candidate on DeSantis’ level.

The disclosure of the documents seemed to leave DeSantis in something of a no-win situation. Follow the advice too closely, and he risks walking into a political buzz saw, with his rivals painting him as overly rehearsed, inauthentic or beholden to political consultants. Ignoring it may be the likelier route — but could also leave DeSantis open to criticisms that he failed to meet expectations, for instance, by not taking down Ramaswamy.
                          Yes Ron, "show emotion" and share chestnuts like how you took one for the team and heroically picked your kids up from school as your wife battled cancer you fucking prince you!...

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-19-2023, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...