Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Is there any news you get from sources other than Twatter or Tikcrock, because you look like a fool relying on highly dubious opinion hits with no threshold of fact checking, and are often complete fabrications...

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
      I thought it was funny, and likely an accurate representation of your entire belief system in a 2 minute video.
      Um...no.

Try again, frozen hillbilly

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        Is there any news you get from sources other than Twatter or Tikcrock, because you look like a fool relying on highly dubious opinion hits with no threshold of fact checking, and are often complete fabrications...
        Lol...truth be told I don't have Tik Tok, but I was sent that. Its a good summary of the ineptness though. If there is some clip that happens to be a good review, why not use it? The X stuff is just funny mostly, and I don't take it too seriously.

I don't think it really matters what I send in this thread. I could send peer reviewed medical journals, peer reviewed Political papers. It will always be critisized for being slanted one way. It's irrelevant for this audience, you are most so incapable of thinking for yourselves.

I sent something from the Atlantc earlier that was meant to open open some eyes to how perceptions are skewed...that it's possible thet authoritarianism can happen on the left too...it's not just a right phenomena. it's potentially an interesting discussion...but of course not here. It's food for thought. So many in this thread are literally incapable of recognizing such a basic concept of what the Atlantic piece was saying It's most likely it challenges their entire world view and would cause them to revisit/turn on their head the narrative they so obediently recite over and over, like they are programmed.

I found it hilarious the reponse that I own myself by posting a piece like that because it also discusses right wing Authoritarianism. Why? I am not out her trying to "win" anything. Why not try to have a discussion, maybe change someon's mind? Its a fool's errand here I think. I am not tied to any tribe nor any political stripe.

It doesn't matter the source, if your mind is shut off to anything other than tribal defence mechanisms. Here, it's literally a flowchart of rote responses..1) Critisize source; red-pill; quanon; racism; MAGA...it's tiring.
        Last edited by Romeo Delight; 10-15-2023, 10:02 PM.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Oh I read it. The difference between us is that I am not on any side.

Obviously, you did not because you did nothing to defend your argument. It's not all that difficult to Google "X" (or whatever the fuck its called) to look for biased opinions that gel with whatever warped belief I may have. So I know you're full of shit there.

I am not maga nor a sheeple following the squad. I am not afraid to debunk myself and challenge my assumptions.
          That's convenient when you have no substantiated agreement to begin with

I would have to post AOC or Bernie himself ( Marx maybe? Not sure ) for you to not criticize the source, but if people aren’t concerned with authoritarian acts by their governments then there isn’t much hope. If you can’t find any fault with the current admin, then we are lost for sure.
          Oh, I can find plenty of fault with the current administration. I'm no fan of Biden. He's a known back peddler and his Crime Bill (dipped in racist ink) has destroyed many lives. He's is too old, too incompetent and too...how shall I say this...lost to be President of the most powerful nation on earth. Biden is the most innocuous President this country has ever had - next to your fascist butt buddy Trump who is a serous danger to the national security of America no matter how much a frozen hillbilly like yourself jerks off to thought of him being back in the Oval Office. Reposting some loser's blog of the content garbage off of X is just extremely lazy red pilling on your part.

Here is Brand talking about how Trudeau is debanking people as well as trying to shut down free speech with how Orwellian legislation regulating podcasts. Unreal.

https://youtu.be/KU_oeDXmT7w?feature=shared

Brand? Really? You're a waste of time.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

It doesn't matter the source, if your mind is shut off to anything other than tribal defence mechanisms. Here, it's literally a flowchart of rote responses..1) Critisize source; red-pill; quanon; racism; MAGA...it's tiring.
            It does matter the source. All you have is red pilling blogs and shitty X Tweets. Not much else.

Here's another flow chart of your "rote" responses:

1. Have terrible grammar (and this comes from someone who has terrible grammar)

2. Post extreme right wing blogs from Google algorithm searches that agree with my bias then deny that bias no matter if they are based in Qanon or the like 100% pure horseshit.

3. Back pedal on your arguments by simply saying you're not "MAGA" when all you post is biased conspiratorial/paranoid shit that is easily debunked in MAGA circles

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Was Trudeau shot from Fidel Castro’s balls? Tune into Coast to Coast AM or Search David Icke to find out.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

More likely Mick Jagger or Ronnie Wood than Castro....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Let's look at an example of Government Authoritarian actions, this time from the Left, in the Trudeau Liberals.

There are a ton of examples, but I am going to focus on the most recent one, his attempt to curtail free speech through a specific piece of legislation, Bill C-11.

I am going to ignore one of the more contentious ones, the trucker protest. I view this as an egregious overreach, that involved the seizing of citizen's bank accounts!!. There were alternate paths to pursue, and we can argue about how it was damaging the economy and disruptive to locals etc. But it's important to mention because it's a constant theme over these last 8 years of arrogance and acting against the advice of others - in this case the RCMP (Police) and CSIS (Security Intelligence).

Here is one piece below that reviews the pertinent facts of Bill C11...again I don't put the same weight in this type of validation as many in this thread might. One can always fault the source and inherent biases. It's a fools game

The whole point of C-11 is to force federal content controls on as much of the internet as possible

What is more important is to just think for yourself. Things are going very, very badly for the Liberals...current polling has them approaching third party status.
                  Elsewhere, we are seeing Centre/Conservative wins (New Zealand, Italy) with Poland potentially going the other way based on early polling results today.
                  All I am really saying is, we don't need 7 published papers from major news publications that are somehow magically "approved reading" from members of this thread to do a little critical thinking exercise.

So in the one example here in Canada, we have the following context: Deep WEF penetration of Canadian Liberal Cabinet members. This is no secret and widely known...not a conspiracy theory. Klaus himself has a video stating just this and the WEF site has these same members publicly identified. We can debate that the work they do is good/bad/indifferent. I personally think elected members should represent their constituents as a primary focus, and not a new world order or unelected body's priorities. I don't think this is a radical or view associated with Quanon. I never understand how some go there immediately when challenged. Elected officials should be responsive to their constituents, full stop.

Also, as mentioned, the Liberals are heading to a near certain defeat at the polls. Things can change of course, but they have never been so unpopular. They are motivated to control the narratives and are doing all they can with this egregious legislation. The legislation in Canada*is important globally as I believe it's a bit of a test. (this is an opinion). Can we agree that ALL governments have talked very publicly about controlling misinformation? It's not a big stretch to then see this particular piece - Bill C11 - as a test case for Western "democracies" in how to control what we see online. It's not a conspiracy to think for yourself, looking at stated wishes of governments in power, and then seeing one take action to just that end. I know this is a radical departure for many, not having their usual sources tell them what position to spout on a given issue, but let;s give this a try shall we? Its a thought exercise/conversation. No one has to "win" this discussion.

I think this piece from the link above is important:

"But the $10 million threshold is a bit of a red herring given that the explicit end-goal of C-11 is to have all of Canada’s primary podcast and video platforms subject to federal controls. While very few Canadian podcasters and video streamers can claim eight-figure revenues, almost all of them rely on a distributor (such as Spotify or YouTube) that does — and it’s those distributors who will likely be mandated by Ottawa to enforce the requirements of C-11 on their users."

I mean, please...it's full -on government censorship and monitoring. It's abhorrent. The part I hate the most is that it's presented that they are helping preserve Canadian content. Ridiculous and not the intention at all. Canadians understand this lie.

As I mentioned, I don't want to go through all of the examples of overreach, but suffice to say that it's a very consistent theme with this leftist bunch of authoritarian Liberals. A recent Supreme Court decision confirmed their environmental legislation went against the Canadian Constitution and infringed on Provincial (state equivalent) responsibilities.

Again, so we are clear, this is not a fringe or radical perspective. It's shared by a majority of Canadians. It is based on 8 plus years of examples that I will spare you. The relevance for this thread? Yes, left governments too can be authoritarian in their actions. We should be very careful and rally against these actions, even when it suits our politics.
                  Last edited by Romeo Delight; 10-16-2023, 02:54 PM.
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Holy Shit. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo red pilled right now.

Comment

Working...