Bill Clinton promotes book on Letterman

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wraytw

Ally, I believe that you are missing the context in which I used the word. I certainly don't mean "politician" as in policy maker.

Comment

• wraytw

Clinton "gutting the military" seems to be a common misconception. It wasn't the military that was gutted under the Clinton administration, but more so the intelligence community.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by wraytw
        Clinton "gutting the military" seems to be a common misconception. It wasn't the military that was gutted under the Clinton administration, but more so the intelligence community.
        Again, these cuts were established during the Bush Sr administration, and they were set on a long term progression to take place in successive years. They were not Clinton's cuts. And with the sudden non existence of the Soviet Union, it made sense at the time to do so.

If Poppy, the creator of Al Qaeda, percieved them to be a threat, then maybe he should have never made the cuts to begin with?

Bottom line is that the US military doesn't need to be stationed all over the goddamn planet, and should be used only for defending the United States of America.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
          Bottom line is that the US military doesn't need to be stationed all over the goddamn planet, and should be used only for defending the United States of America.
          I disagree...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            I disagree...
            Why? Why should the US military be the world policemen. Let alone the corporate "hostile acquisitons" department for Haliburton & Texaco.

Where is that written in the Constitution? And where has any other country done so that wasn't engaged in imperialism.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Again, these cuts were established during the Bush Sr administration, and they were set on a long term progression to take place in successive years. They were not Clinton's cuts. And with the sudden non existence of the Soviet Union, it made sense at the time to do so.
              Ford, why do you keep repeating this? I've told you numerous times that it's not true. I served under Bush 1 and Clinton. I saw the cuts under both administrations, and Clinton went fucking nutty.

They were Clinton's cuts, period. And they put the military at a dangerously low readiness level.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Let's see...

Under Clinton, my dad was forced out of the military at the height of his career due to the 30 year term limits...

He was 48 and had planned on another 10 years...

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Clinton didn't believe in a strong military and didn't believe Osama was a threat.

But then again, how much time do you have to worry about such things when your intern is under the desk?

Comment

Working...