Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Halliburton's stock numbers and the press announcements about the company's awarded contracts are matters of record. So the only reason the Busheep want to dispute them is that they don't want to deal with the realities of that evidence. And those realities are that someone told Halliburton what was about to happen, and that the most reasonable suspect for that would be Dick Cheney.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Big Train
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

OD,

We are all willing to listen. How about we get some credible evidence to work with, instead of this essay junk that is presented as such?

Ford, the "reality" of your theory leaves OUT so much, to fit IN to your theory. If I'm a sheep for questioning that, then so be it.

Comment

• ODShowtime
        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
        I'm listening. The question is - do you believe everything you hear or read? Of course not. A lot of this stuff of course has SOME truth in it. The problem comes in where you have to make all sorts of leaps and conclusions to construct the Bogeyman you WANT to see.
        Shultz (you too Train), whenever I talk about uniformed or lunkheaded republicans, please extricate yourself from the group. You have proved that you have earned your opinion.

I'd like to get a real good look at the studies and the data and all that shit before I jumped on something like this.

The problem is that, even with a smoking gun on something like this, no credible (i.e. TV) news will air a story on this because no one would understand what the hell it means.

Really, all serious Bush bashing is dis-credited because of memogate. Funny who ultimately benefits from all that!
        gnaw on it

Comment

• ODShowtime
          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
          OD,

We are all willing to listen. How about we get some credible evidence to work with, instead of this essay junk that is presented as such?

Ford, the "reality" of your theory leaves OUT so much, to fit IN to your theory. If I'm a sheep for questioning that, then so be it.

you are.

All the real sheep most certainly are not. I wish I was getting my PHD right now, or at least not immersed in getting certified. I'd put together a fuckin study that would make people's heads spin.
          gnaw on it

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime

Really, all serious Bush bashing is dis-credited because of memogate. Funny who ultimately benefits from all that!
            Makes you wonder who planted those memos in the first place, doesn't it?
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Makes you wonder who planted those memos in the first place, doesn't it?
              My sincere opinion is this:

It's just as likely that the evil genius of Karl Rove has struck again as it is likely that one of the premier news organizations in the world compeletly dropped the ball on rudimentary fact checking on a story with such huge implications about the president, in an election year.

Both explanations are just as crazy if you ask me.
              gnaw on it

Comment

• Big Train
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I bet you could spend a year combing through their files and not come up with anything. I don't consider any of this to "a smoking gun", unil and unless you could account for the hundreds of other contracts in play that could have a direct effect on the stock price. Something farther down the line, another program, speculation on the cancelation of reduction in size of other multi-billion dollar contracts, could have reduced it just the same. Some other stock could have been hot at the time and perhaps people thought defense plays were weak, that they needed to go somewhere else, like bio-tech and sold their shares.

Account for any of these scenarios, of which those were just a few, then we can take this seriously. Also, removed the "Business move" line for added credibility....

BTW, calling people sheep or morons in general is just no good. You'll notice I never attack personally (with the exception of the one time I attacked Ford, which I shouldn't have). If you disagree fine, just no need for any of that shit.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                  BTW, calling people sheep or morons in general is just no good. You'll notice I never attack personally (with the exception of the one time I attacked Ford, which I shouldn't have). If you disagree fine, just no need for any of that shit.
                  I'm sorry, but I stand by my view that most people in the world are stupid. Most people in this country are fucking stupid. I meant "sheep" in the broadest sense. The TV watching hoards. I guess that word has pretty bad connotations here.

awe man, I meant "you are" listening. not "you are" a sheep. Sorry dude!
                  gnaw on it

Comment

Working...