X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Train
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Pink,

They should all just lay down and shoot themselves in the head then, huh. Your so positive.

Of course it's an uphill climb and of course they have everything going against them, but they can do it. 2% can be gained by grassroots stuff, they did get 3%, no?

I'm not ignoring the problem, I acknowledge it, but sitting back and whining helps nothing. None of what you propose is gonna happen and you know it. So they are going to have to take it. Taking it involves nutting up and figuring out what they have to do to get it. They have to be relentless and they will get it.

Comment

• Pink Spider
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
      Pink,

They should all just lay down and shoot themselves in the head then, huh. Your so positive.

Of course it's an uphill climb and of course they have everything going against them, but they can do it. 2% can be gained by grassroots stuff, they did get 3%, no?

I'm not ignoring the problem, I acknowledge it, but sitting back and whining helps nothing. None of what you propose is gonna happen and you know it. So they are going to have to take it. Taking it involves nutting up and figuring out what they have to do to get it. They have to be relentless and they will get it.
      Where did I say that something shouldn't be done? I'm pointing out that the problem exists, not "whining about it". Who else bothers to point this stuff out?

Everything I said can be done. I have no doubt of that. It takes work, seeing the problems and making solutions. There's nothing defeatist about that.

Comment

• Pink Spider
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        The FCC would be a good thing if they did their job. They won't do so with Colin Powell's kid in charge, or without the Fairness Act backing up the non consolidation of media.

Your proposal might encourage the things you mentioned, but it would also leave the doors to media consolidation even more wide open than they are now, and as long as the corporations have the advantage,it would be hard for indies and "pirate" operations to get any piece of the airwaves.
        Consolidation keeps happening no matter who's in charge. I don't see how the FCC is a "good thing" in any shape or form when it helps to stifle opposing views instead of creating more freedom for those views to be heard. You're right that corporations would try to take advantage, but they have a total advantage now. The internet not being so regulated is proof that regulation is bad in the freedom to get information. I don't see a downside.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

You do tend to come across pretty negative at times, Pink...

Comment

• Switch84
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
            If you're watching the debates to form your opinion then you truly are a moron!

Religion isn't the opiate of the masses as Marx wrote...TV is!

They didn't nickname it the "boob tube" for nothing! LOL
            "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
            Blackflag on DLR

Comment

Working...