X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODShowtime
    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
    Not cocky, it makes you sound like an asshole. That we disagree doesn't make me a "dullard" or "misinformed" or anyone else for that matter. Don't try to cop out by saying, "well not you Train". That is elitest drivel at it's worst.

My argument is not flawed at all because there are no hard numbers until people actually show up and vote. Polls are just that, polls. What people say at a given day or time. What actually happens remains to be seen.

Things aren't nicer in la-la land (personal offense taken, as again it is elitist-The most densely populated city in the US couldn't possibly have the problems of PA, but I'm sure "YOU KNOW" that much).

You have "deduced" what you want and I have no problem with that. You won't hear me insult you for views I disagree with you or use arrogance to proclaim I'm correct. I prefer to use logic and ask lots of questions, then make an assumption based on what I find. I don't focus on things like "beady eyes" as a reason to elect or not elect someone.

I'm glad you feel strongly, but you need work expressing yourself.
    No, you need to work on not reading novels into people's sentences.

Next, you need to work on your logic. You don't have any hard evidence that 50% of the country disagrees with me. Stick to the rules you dictate.

After that, you need to take your own advice. You really offended me the other day with the "ah every says that and it pisses me off" bullshit. You couldn't get more "elitist."

Finally, I didn't mean lala land literally jackass.
    gnaw on it

Comment

• Big Train
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Settle down tiger...

It'll be fine....

If I offended you, oh well. I asked you and apologized if you took it that way.

Roll with the punches...

I'll keep it simple, no more novels for you.

Comment

• ODShowtime
        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
        Settle down tiger...

It'll be fine....

If I offended you, oh well. I asked you and apologized if you took it that way.

Roll with the punches...

I'll keep it simple, no more novels for you.
        Every action has a reaction.

back to business...
        gnaw on it

Comment

• Mezro
          Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral

To be totally honest, neither of these guys running are particularly a good choice
          I agree with Brother Cath; these guys are ham and eggers.

They both will lie, cheat and steal while the working man squeals.

Mezro...Kerry is the lesser of two evils and that is where my vote will go...plus, his ugly wife reminds me of Halloween...I love Halloween...
          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

"get an ugly wife
            and a messed up life
            in the Army"

In Living Color quote not meant to offend anyone
            gnaw on it

Comment

• Big Train
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Whatever that is OD.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Sorry "In Living Colour"

Are you serious? You never saw that show? Jim Carry's springboard to fame?
                gnaw on it

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                  Let me tell you -- if they are the huge deciding factor in this election, I am going to be pissed. A good handful of the ones I deal with all day say that they could care less about politics. All they know is that they don't like Bush and that they will vote for Kerry. Don't know anything about Kerry or his stances, but hee's got to be better that Bush is their way of thinking.
                  Ally, you have to ask yourself why these people feel the way they do. Why is he one of the most reviled presidents in history? One big reason was two wars, one of which was extremely unpopular. But there's more to it than just that.
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                    Ally, you have to ask yourself why these people feel the way they do. Why is he one of the most reviled presidents in history? One big reason was two wars, one of which was extremely unpopular. But there's more to it than just that.
                    Yeah, but feeling and thinking are two different things. They feel but if you ask them for facts, they can't. They just give you what's written down on pamphlets or whatever they are told. They don't go read for themselves or ask questions.

I'm sorry but I don't want some large mass of college students who feel a certain way but can't answer questions on what they preach to be the voice of the millennial generation.

It's kind of hypocritical for someone to say that Bush doesn't know anything about the economy and then for them themselves to not be able to explain what he's doing wrong because they don't know what's going on. You seriously ask them questions to find out why they feel the way they do and all they do is spout out about blood for oil or we are in an illegal war, and then yell that I'm stupid and don't know anything when all I was doing was asking them a question. Well, I may be stupid but at least I can explain where each of the canidates stands and what I like and don't like about each and form an opinion from that.

Call me a snob, but uninformed people like this really piss me off. Especially when they get up in arms and band against somebody for an office. And I also don't believe you should vote for someone because they are not the other guy. At least vote for somebody you want to see in office because you actually agree with something he proposes and/or the direction you think he'll take the country; Not because all of your buddies at some protest say you have to do everything and anything to get a guy out of office.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Awesome post Ally!

*love*

Comment

• Cathedral
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Actually, in the case of the BCE, it's more like a football player who got behind the wheel of a car with a Blood Alcohol Content of .20, causes his own wreck, kills an entire family in the other car and then expects the entire NFL to change their rules to accomodate him throwing passes from a wheelchair.
                        Damn, You spun that around on me like a pro, touche.

Comment

• Cathedral
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Yeah, but feeling and thinking are two different things. They feel but if you ask them for facts, they can't. They just give you what's written down on pamphlets or whatever they are told. They don't go read for themselves or ask questions.

I'm sorry but I don't want some large mass of college students who feel a certain way but can't answer questions on what they preach to be the voice of the millennial generation.

It's kind of hypocritical for someone to say that Bush doesn't know anything about the economy and then for them themselves to not be able to explain what he's doing wrong because they don't know what's going on. You seriously ask them questions to find out why they feel the way they do and all they do is spout out about blood for oil or we are in an illegal war, and then yell that I'm stupid and don't know anything when all I was doing was asking them a question. Well, I may be stupid but at least I can explain where each of the canidates stands and what I like and don't like about each and form an opinion from that.

Call me a snob, but uninformed people like this really piss me off. Especially when they get up in arms and band against somebody for an office. And I also don't believe you should vote for someone because they are not the other guy. At least vote for somebody you want to see in office because you actually agree with something he proposes and/or the direction you think he'll take the country; Not because all of your buddies at some protest say you have to do everything and anything to get a guy out of office.
                          Beautiful post indeed...
                          I have to admit though, in the 2000 election i voted for the lesser of two evils, and we got him.
                          But, I was educated on the issues and had a solid opinion as to why i voted for Bush.
                          He was closer to fitting my position than Al Gore by miles.

It's different this time, Kerry has style but lacks substance and direction. A much better opponent than Al Gore.

Neither would be first on my list of candidates if i had more choices than two, but Bush is still the guy who closely fits my positions.

This goes without saying, but abortion is always the first thing i take into consideration.
                          Show me a liberal who is against abortion and he has a shot at getting my vote.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I've heard this from you before and it doesn't address my question. Why do so many people dislike bush? Why do I dislike him so much?

I just asked you to roll it over in your mind and think about it and you won't. Maybe you have thought this over a lot and just don't feel like elaborating now. But every one of us should think it over.

I have many times, and I've tried to examine it from all sides before I arrive at the final conclusion in my mind, which is rarely ever FINAL.
                            gnaw on it

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                              I've heard this from you before and it doesn't address my question. Why do so many people dislike bush? Why do I dislike him so much?

I just asked you to roll it over in your mind and think about it and you won't. Maybe you have thought this over a lot and just don't feel like elaborating now. But every one of us should think it over.

I have many times, and I've tried to examine it from all sides before I arrive at the final conclusion in my mind, which is rarely ever FINAL.
                              So basically I have to come up with reasons why they don't like him as president? I have tried to talk and have conversations with them to understand, but I've already explained what happens with that.

So, rolling it in my mind like you are asking me to do, My conclusion is that they are just enacting sheep society or reacting to a feeling based on someone's opinion on things. They don't educate themselves or make their own opinions.

I don't know why they think that way. I don't think like that. I don't follow like that. I have this thing called thinking for myself...

And I don't know why you personally dislike the president. I'm not you. I don't know all your reasons for reacting to things the way you do. So why should I have to come up with your reasons? Why can't you explain when asked? That makes no sense whatsoever.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• ODShowtime
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat So, rolling it in my mind like you are asking me to do, My conclusion is that they are just enacting sheep society or reacting to a feeling based on someone's opinion on things. They don't educate themselves or make their own opinions.

So are you saying that people who dislike Bush do so because they are happy to blindly follow others, and/or they don't seek to educate themselves on important matters?

That's funny because that's the same stuff I say about a lot of Bush supporters. (regardless of which one of us is correct that's weird)

And I don't know why you personally dislike the president. I'm not you. I don't know all your reasons for reacting to things the way you do. So why should I have to come up with your reasons? Why can't you explain when asked? That makes no sense whatsoever.

I was getting a little loopy with that sentence. Believe me, I have plenty of good reasons to dislike bush and I think I've esposed them here pretty thoroughly. Just read some of my thread titles.

Well, thanks for at least playing a long with me for awhile. I'm trying to see what makes bush supporters tick.
                                gnaw on it

Comment

Working...