Clear All
  • Fabulous Shadow

Maybe they will sell it by the piece!

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Those are signatured guitars though ...
      Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• Brett
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I don't know, some of those that Ed striped are butt-fucking ugly.

Comment

• sambo
          Sniper
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Brett
          I don't know, some of those that Ed striped are butt-fucking ugly.
          I must agree.. they put the whole striped guitar-thing to shame.. he should have quit while he was ahead 'cos everyone I guess liked the originals. The first few "reissues" looked OK, but it kinda seems he lost the plot or got bored with the idea after a while.
          Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• Brett
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

They just don't even seem like Ed's design anymore, just another dope who striped his guitar. It seemed like a good idea maybe up front, I agree, I think Ed totally became bored doing it. Probably thinking, "Why the fuck did I agree to do this?"

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

I hear ya Brett ... hear ya ...

I'll have to upload my black CE Wolgang striped with new masking tape stripes for effect ... lmfao

That pic of it gutted is cool because I'm floating mine and that pic showed how close those scews were in ... albieght a freagin Charvel than Peavey ... mine are about and inch and a 1/4 out ...

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Hit new status with that post!!!

Comment

• Cathedral
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Ed wrote on them, they're a piece of furniture now.
                  Anyone who buys one to play is a fucking idiot when you can spend much less and get one set up to fit you.

Fucking paint and tape is cheap for cryin out loud.

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LickMyCream
                    Well although it is overpriced, to be fair, that guitar IS a Charvel, but not the current one. Rather, it is a handmade "Charvel" made by Wayne Guitars. Formerly the Charvel company back in the day, which was later sold to Fender, or was it Jackson? forgot.
                    That's not exactly true: Wayne Charvel sold the company to Grover Jackson in 1981 then proceeded to move to Redlands building under the name WRC Guitars till Gibson hired him in 1987 to make some ugly Corporate type guitars.

Then he went and made some strange thin-horned shell-covered guitars before quitting the biz in 1993.

Then his kid MICHAEL Charvel wanted to do the guitar thing after they moved up north, that's where they're at today.

If you want a seriously playable exact EVH strat stripe-job, pay Wayne and Michael to use the DECENT WOOD that Charvel/Jackson won't use, then get a reproduction Charvel decal off Ebay for the headstock.

That's the way to do an EVH the best bang for the buck IMO. Unless you're good with the tape n paint, then get a Mexico strat and strip that baby down for a single-humbucker and Floyd for a cost of under $500.00 with STILL probably better wood than these have.

Comment

Working...