Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrownSound1
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

Well that's what I'm saying, GAR. When you tap a covered, uncovered, or whatever pickup the coils still vibrate...which will in turn cause a voltage output to be created, resulting in the sound. That is basically how a dynamic microphone works, because the diaphram actually moves the coil around a magnet. So instead of having the magnetic field disturbed by some ferrous material, you disturb it by basically changing the position of the coil itself.

I understand what you are saying. What I'm saying is that I do not believe that there is enough vibration of the body to notice a change in tone. If someone could offer up some concrete evidence that there is a noticeable difference, then I would be more than glad to say mounting a pickup to the body is the thing to do. However, after experimenting with this myself, I still need more convincing, and I'm way past the point of doing it just because that is what EVH does. (Not saying that you do this, by any means, but you know there are some who do things that way.)

Comment

Working...