Vintage PAF Pro sounding BASS pickups ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eyes of the Night
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
    What the fuck kind of fucking Chevy MOTOR is the-fuck under the fucking Chevy HOOD-fuck, of the fucking-aye Chevy PICKUP TRUCK you fucking drive your girlfreinds' illegitimate cross-eyed fucking kids to school in the bed thereof? A Chevy???

The answer is of course, Yamaha. Yamaha pickups are made for Yamaha by Yamaha.. installed by the best slanty-eyed Nipponese bastard techs that toxic island had to offer at the time your spankplank was birthed from.

Niice!!! ... I dunno what the fook to do ... thinking now of just renting for a day a kick ass million dollar bass ...
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

- just to play bass?

Jack White of the White Stripes uses a Boss OC-2 Octaver for basslines.

You don't need a bass to record a bass. If you like your guitar and would rather use IT then you have that option available with an OC-2.

Or just get a Squier Pbass and have it routed for a humbucker, then put just about any "Gibson '57" PAF used, off ebay ($40).

It will work and sound great, if you really want a "paf for bass" sound. The metal cover will look fine on a cheap Pbass.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Gar is right...

A cheap Squier with a good pickup sounds just as good as anything if you can play your way out of a paper bag...

I have great sought after bases, and I usually play my lefty Squire P-Bass Special with vintage reissue pickups...

I know I could probably get alot better tone with different pickups...

Sounds just fine as it is though...

Sounds like a Fender to me...
        Last edited by ELVIS; 02-05-2005, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

hmm ...
          Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

Working...