Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

I was at Guitar Center Hollywood a few days ago where the floor sales guy JUST took out a black new Gibson Explorer from the box, a "76 Reissue" for $899, made in USA.

SUper buy.. whoever gets it.
    I picked it up and looked it over.
    Flawless. I was really surprised how bad I wanted it.

Comment

• tomballin
      Commando
      • Dec 2004

Hey, can all you bros pool together, and loan me the money, so I can buy this guitar. The current asking price is only $1 million.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Roth On.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

You're an idiot!

The neck on that guitar has one too many frets to be anything worth anything...

You suck!

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

I reckon all strats should have that extra fret :p, but I have no idea
          why this one would be worth one mill ?? Did John Lennon Sperm on
          it ??
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• tomballin
            Commando
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            You're an idiot!

You suck!
            Hey fuck you Pelvis, you don't know shit. That's Jimi Hendrix guitar that was later used by Frank Zappa on several of his albums, and Jimi personally gave it to Frank, you fucking assclown.

Shite that axe was good enough for two of the greatest musical geniuses ever, but not a POS Moderator like you Pelvis that seriously struggles with your manhood.

THAT WAS MY LAST POST TO YOU FUCKSTICK,......and this is the 4th time you have pulled this fucking blindside shit on me MR. MODERATOR
            Last edited by tomballin; 02-08-2005, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Soul Reaper
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2005

look at this crazy guitar...

ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Total.
                Tweaker.
                Guitar.

I can easily visualize Eyes sitting in front of that gleaming monstrosity with the TV in the background on, bouncing colorful pretty colors off its surface, right after he litters the top of it with them little plastic baggies he gets his medicine in..

HEE HEE HEE! Pretty pretty colors.. come to me.. oh, don't say you don't dig that after-nasal drip EYES! C'mon.. have another hit Bra..

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  You're an idiot!

You suck!
                  Elvis, the original neck was ruined. That's the Miami Pop Festival guitar Jimi lit up before he did Monterey.. Zappa had a differnt neck put on it which his kid then proceeded to mount an altogether different neck in it's stead.

Dweezil probably has the "second" neck somewhere around which oddly enough I know about something he doesn't.

Comment

• The Scatologist
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2005

Hey Gar do you still build guitars? Are you like really good? If so will you do a job for me?

I'm kinda disappointed in the job that Mitch from Mean Street guitars did on my Unchained Model. Although it's probably because he moved to a place with a totally different climate, so that probably affects it till he gets used to it.

How much would it cost for you to make me a new neck? The one that Mitch made feels nice in your hands but it has a bunch of high frets that needed to be hammered down and it still has some bending problems on the higher frets
                    The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

I would LOVE to have an Alpine White Les Paul Custom with an ebony fingerboard and chrome hardware.

I have never owned a real Les Paul.

I currently own the following:

1988 Gibson FLying V w/1 EMG pickup (#1 Guitar)
                      1985 JB Player Neck-thru-body Strat w/1 EMG pickup (Black - #2 guitar)
                      1985 JB Player Neck-thru-body Strat (stock shitty single-coil pickups)
                      1980 Fender Lead 1 w/1 EMG pickup
                      1980 Fender LEad II w2 EMG single-coils
                      1998 Epiphone Korina V - stock pickups
                      1998 Epiphone Korina Explorer - stock pickups
                      mid-80s Japanese Sigma acousitc (By Martin)
                      1996 Fender Jazz Bass - stock pickups

Someday I will post a picture of all my axes.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Oh and Gar....pass that over here......

**TOOOOKE TOOOOOKE**

**KOFF KOFF KOFF**

**WHEEZE**

o far out man......

Comment

• tomballin
                          Commando
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                          Elvis, the original neck was ruined. That's the Miami Pop Festival guitar Jimi lit up before he did Monterey.. Zappa had a differnt neck put on it which his kid then proceeded to mount an altogether different neck in it's stead.

Dweezil probably has the "second" neck somewhere around which oddly enough I know about something he doesn't.
                          Yelp, it was all in pieces when Frank gave it to Dweezil. Dwez really screwed up the market value of that gtr, imo. I mean it is worth $1 million currently, if it was original.

Clapton's "Blackie" sold - $959,500

Steve Ray Vaughan's "Lenny" sold - $623.500

"Well they're just wired and wood, it's what you do with them that counts - Jimi Hendrix"
                          Last edited by tomballin; 02-09-2005, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• The Scatologist
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2005

Why would he care about market value.Isn't he kinda rich already? If so, I would rather play a cool guitar then try to up it's market value.
                            The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• tomballin
                              Commando
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by The Scatologist
                              Why would he care about market value.Isn't he kinda rich already? If so, I would rather play a cool guitar then try to up it's market value.
                              I agree, Dwez has been trying to sell it for quite some time, but no takers. Hell, if I remember the deal right, the guitar was in pieces under the stairs or something before the guy put it back together.

A Jimi Hendrix gtr just laying in pieces under the stairs, give me a break.

I got some pics of Frank playing that guitar live on one of my hard-drives somewhere. I think I posted one in my Zappa thread in the Main's.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Well, here are some links to an auction occurring in London on the 16th:

There are 3 Stratocasters owned by Hendrix up for auction, expected to fetch from 60,000 to 150,000 pounds UK.

There are 33 pages of stuff up for auction, including a bunch of autographed items, etc.

Also a bass owned by Noel Redding (and a bunch of other Noel Redding stuff).

Comment

Working...