X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by The Scatologist
    (Although I DO know a use for them that a few guitarists know as well, but it's not used as a distortion ironically)

Ah yes, the old Boss anal plug. Haven't done that for years...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

My practice amp is a Sovtek MIG 50 ran through a Marshall 1X12 speaker. I just push it with a DOD 250 overdrive peddle and it sounds great! I also use an Electro Harmonix Double Muff peddle to get more of a Zeppelin thing going. With these two peddles, my rig sounds good at any volume. I can't push the 1x12 too hard because it starts to fart out but for in home practice, it's all you need.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Turd Fergusson
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Feb 2005

http://www.barberelectronics.com/burnunit.html

I couldn't afford a new master volume amp right now, but I could afford the $200 for this pedal and I love it. I compared it with a bunch of new and old pedals including an old Tube Screamer and there was no comparison. I run this in front of an early 70s Ampeg V-4 (no master of course) and it gives me 2 channel operation and lots of natural sounding tones. Try it.

TF

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I have found you have to match the peddle to the amp. An Electroharmonix Big Muff can sound good or sound like shit depending on the amp you are using. So that's where you have to be careful! It might sound good in the store on the amp you are playing it through and then you get it home and it sounds like shit.

You deffenatly want to check the peddles compatability with your rig. Everything in the signal chain has to match or something might sound like shit.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...