Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I don't know what it is about Marshall cabs but they do get that special sound. Carvin and a lot of companies make good cabs but they just don't get the Marshall sound. I always tell people the spend the extra money and get a real Marshall cabinet if they like the Marshall sound.

I didn't mean to shit all over Peavey, the Wolgangs were pretty good guitars but overpriced for what they were and the classic tweed line of amps they make are kind of cool. I had a Classic 30 and it was a pretty good amp but the box it was in was made of cheap fiber board. If that amp was a Marshall, it would have been finger jointed Baltic Birch plywood. That's always the thing with Peavey, you are going to find something cheap or wrong on even a good Peavey product. The Floyd Rose trems on the Wolfgangs were pure shit. You shouldn't have to order a real Floyd to replace the original equipment on a $1,600 guitar. The castors and tolex covering on the 5150 speaker cabinets were shit too. The castors on my cab broke. Jim Marshall has followed a time proven formula for making good speakers and amps. They are made to go on the road and be dragged around. Peavey shit breaks. Oh it might just be the little wheels on the speaker but for a cab that costs over $500, they should be better. Peavey is always cutting corners somewhere.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Oh hell, all this thinking about Peavey made my dick shrivel up. If Santa Clause left me a bunch of Peavey gear on Christmas morning I would be wondering what in the hell did I do wrong.

When I think Marshall, I think of some hot chick bent over a 4x12 cabinet with the words "Plug In!" below.

Comment

• manwiththedogs
        Head Fluffer
        • Aug 2004

Just got an Ampeg V-4BH after waiting on backorder fer almost a month.
        Plugged a Jazz bass and a couple hartke cabs into it, cranked it up, and I gotta admit, I got a lil` wood...lol

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

If you don't get some wood, that means the equipment is no good.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Dude...Ampeg is the shit for bass!

I would love to have an SVT head and a pair of 4 X 10 cabs....oh and I suppose a cab with an 18 in it as well.

Back in 1988, a band I was in opened for Kings X on their very first tour. The venue was an old theater, and the room was up on the second floor, so we had to haul all our gear up a couple of flights of stairs.

I helped the Kings X guys haul their stuff up, including FOUR Ampeg rigs with 8 X 10 cabinets for Doug Pinnick.

He had the bass sound from GOD that night!

Comment

• BrownSound1
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

Ampegs are the shit for basses, that is no lie.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Panamark
                My Slanted CAB is wearing a sexy silver dress with gold trim at the moment.. :p

Oh, and that ohm selector on the back of the head.....

Had one fall out the back of an 1972 50 Watt head on the way to a gig. Someone(drummer) stuck it back in the wrong setting and blew a speaker...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I love Ampeg shit as well. Michael Anthony always got a good tone with his old Ampeg rigs. I love the sound he was getting on Light Up The Sky on VHII. You know that picture of VH in Sunset Sound were there are beer cans and booze bottles all over the place. Eddie has a zillion old filthy Marshall cab and Mike is awash in SVT heads and Ampeg cabinets. Roth has a broken foot and a cane.

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Had one fall out the back of an 1972 50 Watt head on the way to a gig. Someone(drummer) stuck it back in the wrong setting and blew a speaker...
                    You let a drummer touch your Marshall ???

You must haved missed lesson one
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Whos the necromancer running around ???

All I can say is, the more things change the more they stay the
                      same... You have to double check the dates to see if you were
                      not drunk as normal and had just posted this yesterday !!!
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Coyote
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                        A Soldano is just a Marshall with a boob job.
                        A Laney is Marshalls hot sister... :tongue0011:
                        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

conversely playing through a Peavey Bandit is like getting hand with a dime store hooker with Lee press ons.

Ampeg IS the shit for bass!

we're all tone whores inside

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                            Sniper
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                            I dunno if I'd say horny, but I do love 'em. I remember the first time I played through a Marshall though...it was kind of like the first time I got to play with a girl's tits.
                            Yeah man... Haha...

I played through a JVM 50W all tube British-made Marshall combo.. It was undescribable.

I was playing on a nice Ibanez RGX guitar... 24 frets, double locking Edge Pro tremolo... I just played it to town. I almost melted the eyebrows off of the losers by the door. Started playing Eruption, everyone in the store pulled an "oh shit." It was SO much fun! My dad says when I turn 21 my gift will be a Nice Marshall JCM Half-stack... I want a JCM900 Super Lead...
                            Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

In Los Angeles JCM 100 watt heads are sometimes had for $650-800 used. Why wait till you're 21?

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

JCM8-or-900s are OK, but the only Marshalls I've ever heard that were truly wood-inducing have been Plexis - standard and modified. Something about 'em.

Said it before but the best-sounding one I've ever heard up close and played through was Doug Aldrich's...holy crap, man! :eek: It had gain almost in the Boogie region, but still an overall character that was undeniably Marshall. I want one. Tried to talk him out of that one (said he had like 4) but he wasn't hearing it...

It blew its transformer that night, and he was like "Yeah I have to have it rebuilt about every six months, but it's WORTH IT." I agree!

I still have the schematic of his rig I did around here somewhere...
                                Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...