X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrownSound1
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by tomballin
    Women (Amps), what are ya going to do? Kinda like my post to Lou on MP3's, a while back.

-----------

My comment to Lou in Bootleg Corner, on his incessant whining about ultra minor clicks and hisses in MP3’s.

This was my take on the whole matter.

Every amp has things that you have to do to them to make them work just right. Some might like to the low end pushed a bit more, or you might have to diddle the presence knob a bit just to make them purr. Which is EXACTLY the way women are.

For instance my Marshall Plexi doesn't moan until she's up around 7 or so. Of course who cares if your neighbors hear some moaning. (I guess I will care if the neighborhood committee comes knocking on my door.)

Comment

• tomballin
      Commando
      • Dec 2004

Aw, just put a set of solid nickel core .12’s on your axe, and set the action up real high, then no one will want to play it, lol.

Originally posted by Cathedral
      I agree, that is why i go back and forth on selling the 5150II, lol, yeah, that Peavey thing.
      I have it just the way i like it, except for the low buzz we haven't been able to eliminate from it.

And about guitars, how do you feel about letting others play your axes?
      I am very funny about that when people ask if they can check mine out.
      I have this quirk about it being equal to asking me if they can sleep with my woman.
      Actually, i have at times thought that i'd sooner let them at her then let them put their sweaty paws on my fretboard, lol.

I lent my SG copy to a friend in highschool for one week, and when i went to get it back it was in pieces, completely torn down and he said it was because he broke a string....angry doesn't cover the emotions i experienced.
      If it was a screw, it was unscrewed.
      If he hadn't held up $20 for my trouble i'd have ripped his freakin head off on the spot.

I did actually learn soemthing putting it back together.....Never let someone touch my gear again, lol.

Comment

• BrownSound1
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Mar 2003

There are certain friends that I will let play my guitars IF I ask them if they want to play it. You just don't go up and ask someone if you can play their guitar. That's an unwritten law, just like you don't go into a restroom where there is a wall full of unoccupied urinals, except for one, and go right up next to the guy and take a piss. You've got to have a minimum of one empty urinal between you. It's just fucking taboo to ask to play someone's guitar.

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

And about guitars, how do you feel about letting others play your axes?
          I am very funny about that when people ask if they can check mine out.
          I have this quirk about it being equal to asking me if they can sleep with my woman.
          Actually, i have at times thought that i'd sooner let them at her then let them put their sweaty paws on my fretboard, lol.

I lent my SG copy to a friend in highschool for one week, and when i went to get it back it was in pieces, completely torn down and he said it was because he broke a string....angry doesn't cover the emotions i experienced.
          If it was a screw, it was unscrewed.
          If he hadn't held up $20 for my trouble i'd have ripped his freakin head off on the spot.

I did actually learn soemthing putting it back together.....Never let someone touch my gear again, lol.

Totally agree CAT ! I wont let somebody play my Destroyer. (Unless I
          love that person) Thats the only exception. I agree with
          the other comments here too about just going up and asking
          "Can I play your guitar" .. Thats not cool, unless you are closeknit.

BS1 ! Your urinal analogy is hillarious. What is it with those dudes that
          have to stand next to you when there is like three miles of empty
          urinal ?? I always worry they are gay and just want to perve at your
          cock..

I point away from them.. Fuck em...

BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Counting Air, I can relate to that if flashbacks serve me correctly.
            I only tripped a couple of times, but that stuff did some damage that i still notice today.

I ran my car into a bridge support on purpose the last time i did acid and destroyed a beautiful Charger.....regrets suck!

I am a fan of stomp boxes myself. I just don't care for that noticeable processed tone at all, which is why i hated the 5150 album (barring the Spam factor).
            Ed screwed up his sound big time in my opinion, and it only got worse from there.
            Another band that lost it due to over-processing of their guitar sound was Judas Priest. They were ok up to Screaming For Vengeance, but then they started going down hill after that, and by Ram It Down I was pretty disgusted with the artificial, sterile, laboratory sound they were getting.

They were using Rockman's with their guitar rigs by 1990. I had a friend who worked at SIR studios in the early 90s, and when Priest showed up to rehearse with their new drummer (Scott Travis), he ran their monitors in the rehearsal room they were in...

Comment

• BlimpyCHIMP™
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Cato
              um, for example, here's a couple of tube screamers. one is an original issue, made in the late '70s, another one is a re-issue made in 2003.
              which would you take, and why?
              I WOULD TAKE BOTH OF EM AND SHOVE THE OLDEST ONE UP YOUR ASS AND THE OTHER DOWN YOUR FUCKING THROAT YOU CRAPPY JAP

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Holy fuck, you sound just like my uncle who fought the squint eyed bastards on Iwo Jima and was lucky enough to tell about it.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jojo2371
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Nov 2004

lol is this a worldwar2 thread or old vs. new gear thread ?

Comment

• tomballin
                    Commando
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                    Every amp has things that you have to do to them to make them work just right. Some might like to the low end pushed a bit more, or you might have to diddle the presence knob a bit just to make them purr. Which is EXACTLY the way women are.

For instance my Marshall Plexi doesn't moan until she's up around 7 or so. Of course who cares if your neighbors hear some moaning. (I guess I will care if the neighborhood committee comes knocking on my door.)
                    baaawaaa!

My ex-wife’s “presence knobs” didn’t work. Guess that’s why it’s ex now, lol.

As I said, I like the vintage stage amps, but when it comes to p-tang, I like the newer stuff.

Tighter sound, greater oscillation, and superior sustain.

Comment

Working...