• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

LOL !

Excellent MR G !
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Hey Frankenstraat,

Did you hear about Rols Guitars by any chance ??
      Your guitars are unbelievable ! Has EVH ever seen
      one of them, or contacted you in an unfriendly manner ?
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Frankenstraat
        Groupie
        • Apr 2005

Yes I heard of Rols, I'm repainting and rebuilding one of their 5150's right now for a very unhappy customer. I heard alot of good things about him until I recieved this instrument. And believe me I got alot of shit from EVH's lawyers, many times. I was one of the first guys here to start aging the guitars a couple of years ago. After seeing how well the aged guitars and the other replicas sell on eBay I guess they decided to make their own version with Charvel and come after guys like me. After a while they singled me out from everyone else and had me suspended several times from eBaY. It got to the point were they would have me suspended for selling any kind of guitar, even if it wasn't a replica of his. Because of all the nonsence I started making fat strats with EVH custom shop pickups and selling those, of coarse they they removed from auction and I was suspended for the mention of that too. At the same time they didn't stop any of they other auctions that blatently adsvertised EVH 5150 frankenstrat Replica etc.

Hey you guys got some good ideas with the aging there, I sometime use a puch and a hammer for certain dents and chips. I'll hgave to try some of them on some of my new replica's...

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Well, mate Im glad to see you are still moving them, I had a feeling you were going to say EVH's lawyers had been in contact, your guitars are too good.. It doesnt surprise me at all.... Hope you found other channels, your craftsmanship is too good to be wasted.
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Ever do a Frankenbass?

Just curious.

Drop me a PM.
            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Unbelievable craftsmanship!

I know what just went to the top of my Christmas wish list.

Well done FS!!!
              Originally posted by perilouspete
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
                Ever do a Frankenbass?
                HA! Actually I did a "frankenbass" in paint only, on some pbass copy for the guy in Mind Over Four back in 1985.

What happened was he had it on for a year, then caught so much shit for it being all gay like Eddies so he just had it resprayed black. It took me a long time with about 2 posters and 4 magazine shots to figure it out.

Now anyone could do an EVH paint job because so many pics are out there on the internet of all his original guitars.. pulling tape exactly like EVH's was a headscratcher; "OK lets see, he musta STARTED the guitar in black, THEN red.. no no no it was umm" - confusing to say the least.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                  Veteran
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
                  Ever do a Frankenbass?

Just curious.

Drop me a PM.
                  Now that is something I wouldn't mind seeing.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Frankenstraat
                    Groupie
                    • Apr 2005

Lets see what happens, the guy has not officially order it yet, I'm going to do it charvel style without the routings, it wouldn't look right otherwise

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2005

Cool guitars, whats up with the quarter? Did Eddie do that on the original?

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Yes, it was originally to cover a hole, then moved under the bridge to hold back the Floyd from backpulling too far and breaking the toprout ledge under it.

The holes under the quarter and within the low E side bridgepost screw were filled with fiberglas resin and redrilled, with the quarter removed, in 1983 after which the guitar (body at least) was retired in favor of the new load of Kramers Ed got in Feb 1983.

Rumor has it Mick Mars of Motley Crue - an avid collector - now owns that orig Frankenstrat. However I had spoken once with Rudy Leirien (EVH guitar tech for the first 12 years) and he alludes to several exact dupes. So it may be possible Ed has duped the "original" several times himself already.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                          Veteran
                          • May 2004

There's a few rumours about the original Frankie. I've heard one that Ed's got it locked up in a vault somewhere.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

.. and by vault, you mean Public Storage in Sherman Oaks?

Someone posted a pic of him going thru his storage unit a few years back, when he was selling parts of his MusicMan stash to Guitar Center.

Sesh? Did you save that somewhere on a drive?

Comment

• Don Corleone
                              Veteran
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                              .. and by vault, you mean Public Storage in Sherman Oaks?
                              Upstairs in the 5150 studio apparently.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Frankenstraat
                                Groupie
                                • Apr 2005

Ed still uses the Frankie till this day, it was never retired or given to Mick Mars although he was known to give guitars as gifts to his friends like the 5149 1/2 Shamer he gave to Dweezil Zappa. Here is a recent pic of Eddie and Frankie from the last tour, notice the Charvel Art Series neck on it...One thing though, you're correct in saying the original is locked up, well not actually locked up it just sits there and collects dust and its the original Black and White Frankie. The Red Black and White is a replica of the original guitar. By the end of the second tour Eddie realized the historical value of the guitar and made a replica of it. This became the Red, Balck an White version...

Comment

Working...