The Fender 68 reissue pickups sound great in my daughter's cheap ass Squire Strat

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

That's cool GAR. It looks like it's a lot of work to do and then it seems like it would create some crazy issues with the trussrod. Yngwie said he got the idea looking at an antique lute in Sweden. I think he came up with one of the coolest Strat designs with those huge jumbo frets and the scalloped neck.

Yngwie comes across as an egoed asshole in interviews but I hear he's actually quite nice in person. After watching him with Vai and Satriani on the G3 tour, he was my favorite out of those guys because he was getting a great sound and with single coils, your ass is right out there. I mean you have to play right on or the mistakes will just jump out at you. He had gained some wieght but he played wonderfully.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• IpKaiFung
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Jan 2005

I also have a squier strat. It's great to play for the money but I was thinking of changing the pickups. any recomendations?

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

If you like more of a Jimi Hendrix type of tone you can get Fender 68 reissue pickups for a left hand guitar pretty cheap at musiciansfriend.com. They are going to hum because they are just copies of the original pickups used in the late 60's. They even have the old braided type of lead wires. They sure sound good in my daughter's Squire. I mean it tottaly get's the Hendrix vibe. More so than my 70's reissue Strat. I think having the staggard pole pieces reversed has a lot to do with the Hendrix sound.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by IpKaiFung
          I also have a squier strat. It's great to play for the money but I was thinking of changing the pickups. any recomendations?
          Read this thread. Hotrails for strat. Kick ass..

(If you want a great Hard Rock/Metal tone)

I put a Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge position
          on a strat once too, that was awesome too !

(If you dont mind the larger cutout in the scratch plate)
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• IpKaiFung
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Jan 2005

cheers guys.
            so hotrails for the bridge and an invader for the neck.
            cool

Comment

Working...