X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeronumber
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2005

Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
    Zero... have you played an Ibanez before?

I got one for the same reason you want one...I wanted to try a humbucker in a Strat style guitar.

It played better than ANY GUITAR I've ever touched....and sounded like dogshit, especially on the clean channel.

I just can't figure out how to get good tones out of single coils and a humbucker in the same guitar...when you get the singles to sound good, the humbucker is shrill...and when you get the HB to sound decent, the singles are muddy.
    I've played Ibanez alot. Mostly when I was playing the bass. To me, they always maid fine guitars, but a lot of thier pickups give a little too much noice.

I even stated before that I'd most likely would have to change the pickups...lol.

Well, I'm not limiting myself to just Ibanez here.

Frankly anything that is strat-like(thin, soild body electric) will do nicely.

I was just flipping through a couple of catalogs, and most of the guitars that come with a lot of the things I want, come standard on a lot of Ibanez models.

This guitar stood out like a sour thumb, because it fits nearly every requirement of a guitar I want to get.

-Strat body(Seing as though I was tought on a strat, and feel most comfortable using one)
    -FR bridge...a diffinate must
    -Humbucker set up(as oppose to all singles on a strat)
    -Under 700 dollars(I saved up 800, and I still want at least 100 left over for a new pickup)
    The Roth Army needs a leader who demonstrates the three "A's",

Attitude, Awesomeness, America.

http://www.samash.com/catalog/imagep..._IRG350EXB.JPG

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by zeronumber

-Strat body(Seing as though I was tought on a strat, and feel most comfortable using one)
      -FR bridge...a diffinate must
      -Humbucker set up(as oppose to all singles on a strat)
      -Under 700 dollars(I saved up 800, and I still want at least 100 left over for a new pickup)
      Hmmmmm.....

You might be able to get a JACKSON dinky for around $700. I'd check Musicians Friend and GUITAR CENTER for any deals they've got going. I'd keep my eyes open for a low end Peavey Wolfgang, the foreign made job! Their still quality made guitars...and the pickups are smokin'!

Comment

• jackassrock
        Head Fluffer
        • Sep 2004

the difference between basswood (Ibanez) and ash, alder, mahogany, or maple is profound. I love the slim neck on an Ibanez, they're shredtastic, but never got a meaty tone out of one. Basswood just a less dense wood and doesn't transfer the vibrations as well IMO. I know I've posted this link before but here it is again.

It's a shame that families should be torn apart by something as simple as....wild dogs

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

And the DAVID LEE ROTH-Tuna.......MONEY!!!

Comment

Working...