Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Really? So those Peavey "Sheffield" speakers that came in the combos and fourtwelves, those are considered the perfect match by Peavey?

That was a tinny, buzzy amp. I could see how it could benefit from the lower sensitivity threshold, and dead frequency range would help in killing off unwanted peak highs, that makes more sense than playing with the eq I guess.. or adding a graphic EQ to boost lows and mids using Celestions huh..

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      With my JMP I wanted to have just enough grind from it without having to use any kind of Tube Screamer or whatever.
      To do that, I had to resort to using a power attenuator on the amp output and I still wasn't happy. Tube compression wasn't like what I heard on records (name any guitar rock you hear on the radio.. ) and the harmonic distortion from turning up with the output choked like that did get somewhat deeper, but at the cost of overheating the amp and potentially shortening the lifespan of temperature-sensitive components such as capacitors.

Glad you like your three-bills JMP. Now go spend another 3 bills on a guy who can engineer, like the dude who does engineering for Goodsell amps: at the mathematical level. You'd be shocked at the difference and agree with what I'm saying in that the stock JMP was never adequate enough professionally and for a reason, but we won't go into that now.

AND when Marshall was still operating out of the back of a music store, they had the time to let the guitarist see it and work with it while it was on the bench with the tech. You can't sit there and expect me to believe Page or Hendrix or Clapton or anyone else who walked thru there didn't get special attention such as the suggestion "well, if you really like the raunch, we'll have you come back tomorrow and I'll have it sounding really rounchy" because they did, and I know it.

Proof alone is in the classic recordings. Why anyone would strip out a modded JMP back to stock, I dunno but they should be shot unless it was a shitty mod. People like that who do this, are only trying to go CorkSniffer Mode and the approval you won't get when your idiot purist buddies come in and play Smoke On The Water for all 20 seconds of the song they know, but go "hmm, what are all these extra knobs - why'd you destroy your amp, you know you just decreased it's value"

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

Oh, and that amp was a pullpot master-volume modded into one of the four inputs, a 74 done by Jose which I used the Altair on.. I've heard some Jose modded amps that sounded really good but mine unfortunately wasn't boosted enough. It was nearly stock and while I liked it, bands I played with did not.

Why? Because they were looking for the amp sounds they heard on the radio.

If it's that beautiful of a find, and so lovely and blahblahblah, let someone else buy it off ebay from you then toss a better dollar into a better amp.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GAR
          Glad you like your three-bills JMP. Now go spend another 3 bills on a guy who can engineer, like the dude who does engineering for Goodsell amps: at the mathematical level.
          No I won't spend any more money on it, most certainly at your suggestion. Firstly, it is MY fucking amp, so SHUT THE FUCK UP. Secondly, there is no need to do anything further to it, as it sounds like I want it to. I AM satisfied with my amp, something that bothers you to no end. Poor widdul Garfuckle is all sad because many of us here have incredible guitar/amp collections you only wish you could dream of having.

You are quite pathetic, Mr. Know-It-All.

If it's that beautiful of a find, and so lovely and blahblahblah, let someone else buy it off ebay from you then toss a better dollar into a better amp.
          That has to be one of the most asinine things you have ever posted here, and that is putting it lightly.

So what you are saying is that everyone who has a guitar, amp, whatever that they are perfectly satisfied with, should sell it just be because YOU say so, and should buy something 'better', even though you do not have a clue what that might be, and no one in their right mind would bother to listen to what your definition of 'better' would be.....simply due to the fact that you are a fucking jackoff with nothing useful to say about anything to anyone.

You can't sit there and expect me to believe Page or Hendrix or Clapton or anyone else who walked thru there didn't get special attention such as the suggestion "well, if you really like the raunch, we'll have you come back tomorrow and I'll have it sounding really rounchy" because they did, and I know it.
          I am not concerned with what you believe. You are a deranged moron whose goal in life is to tell others what to do with THEIR equipment.

And obviously, it only serves to make you look like the JACKASS you are. Which is not a bad thing, as people will immediately understand that your opinions are worthless.

Go fuck yourself, loser.

Or better yet, go give the wino in the cardboard box next to you a rim job. You are probably better at that than advising anyone about their gear.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

For me the 1964 Fender Deluxe Reverb & Bassman's stand out over a lot besides the big Marsall plexis....
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Jim Marshall and friends were basing their original amps on the Bassman circuits. Those were (and still are) some of the best amps available.
              Fender was trying to clean them up for their country music players, but Jim wanted more volume and grit.
              Lookit whut they dun wif dey own amps?
              Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-03-2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Jim Marshall and friends were basing their original amps on the Bassman circuits.
                How on EARTH did you come to that cuntclusion...

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

people will immediately understand that your opinions are worthless
                  The base-JMP circuit is a plain-Jane waiting for a set of matched output tubes, an added gain stage or three, and an effects loop you can patch a hush rack unit and wireless into to kill the newly acquired hiss.

Learn to be more discriminate of taste in your instruments, or learn to let go. That's all I'm saying. Besides "quit collecting junk.." which I know is hard to do, where the pastures smell of cowshit pig feces n horsepiss as the heat of the day rises. My last time thru Nashville I had to roll the fucking windows up from the stench.

Oh - that's another thing I'll be reiterating to you: MOVE>..

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GAR
                    How on EARTH did you come to that cuntclusion...
                    That is irrelevant. You would not understand, dumbass.

Originally posted by GAR
                    The base-JMP circuit is a plain-Jane waiting for a set of matched output tubes, an added gain stage or three, and an effects loop you can patch a hush rack unit and wireless into to kill the newly acquired hiss.
                    So?

Originally posted by GAR
                    Learn to be more discriminate of taste in your instruments, or learn to let go. That's all I'm saying. Besides "quit collecting junk.." which I know is hard to do, where the pastures smell of cowshit pig feces n horsepiss as the heat of the day rises. My last time thru Nashville I had to roll the fucking windows up from the stench.
                    I do not have to learn anything from you, loser. You should take your own advice, and actually buy a REAL guitar. That plywood Charvel copy has got to go.
                    The reason you had to roll your windows up last time you were in Nashville was that you were forced to by the local residents, as you smelled worse than anything they ever encountered.
                    Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-04-2010, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

ENOUGH of this Bullshit.

Prove you even OWN an amp, GAyR - or SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Put up or shut up time. 'Til then IT IS ACCEPTED AS A FACT you don't own a guitar, or amp...you're just completely full of shit, and have no reason to post in these threads other than the "you're a sad, bitter, pathetic jackass" thing - which is past old. Just like you.

Pictures. NOW, bitch. Otherwise -

Originally posted by conmee
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                      Originally posted by eddie78
                      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Funny, he claims to know everything, yet does not know the first Marshall amps were based on a Fender Bassman circuit. Guess he had a hard time with Google.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Funny, he claims to know everything, yet does not know the first Marshall amps were based on a Fender Bassman circuit. Guess he had a hard time with Google.
                          True, and he'd probably dispute that the first Boogie was a modified Fender Princeton, bet Google didn't cover THAT either.
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR

Oh - that's another thing I'll be reiterating to you: MOVE>..
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

That is irrelevant.
                              Distortion pedals should be irrelevant.

Comment

• GAR
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2004

... the first Marshall amps were based on a Fender Bassman circuit.
                                AND again, you know this - how? Ah, that silly Googlethingy.

Comment

Working...