• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
    With regards to the Kramer doubleneck...that particular one was only used for the live shows. On the recording of Secrets he used a Gibson EDS1275. The funny thing is this is the same model guitar that Jimmy Page obtained to play Stairway to Heaven live, and Page never used it for recording.

Well it isn't really funny I guess..but does have a hint of irony.
    I have an old interview where Ed complains about how heavy those doublenecks are.

The reason I bring that up is cos he mentioned Page and said "No wonder he (Page) has a slouch." lol.

Kind of funny or maybe you had to be there? I dunno?
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• BrownSound1
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

I've played one and they aren't THAT heavy...well not to me anyway. I'm buying one...one of these days.

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Fuck dude,

Are you buying a real (Gibson) one? I bet they're pretty spendy? Then again, what do I know? I haven't shopped for a guitar in well over a decade. I still have a twenty two year old Strat that I bought brand new (Only $750 in 1984) and a Frankie replica that I made in Highschool. It's identical to Ed's except it's Lake Placid Blue in color. The neck is as filthy, yet beautiful as Ed's "5150" Kramer neck. Has a Floyd and a Seymore Duncan PAF bridge pickup.

Don't play as much as I'd like but still "noodle" whenever I feel like it.

How many geeters do you have?
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by frets5150
          Cooool...
          I had that magazine...was the first place I ever saw that guitar.
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• frets5150
            Commando
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
            I had that magazine...was the first place I ever saw that guitar.

So what did you do with the mag

Comment

• BrownSound1
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by MAX
              Fuck dude,

Are you buying a real (Gibson) one? I bet they're pretty spendy? Then again, what do I know? I haven't shopped for a guitar in well over a decade. I still have a twenty two year old Strat that I bought brand new (Only $750 in 1984) and a Frankie replica that I made in Highschool. It's identical to Ed's except it's Lake Placid Blue in color. The neck is as filthy, yet beautiful as Ed's "5150" Kramer neck. Has a Floyd and a Seymore Duncan PAF bridge pickup.

Don't play as much as I'd like but still "noodle" whenever I feel like it.

How many geeters do you have?
              At this point in time I have 7 guitars and 2 basses.

Oh, and I would only buy a Gibson EDS1275. No offense to anyone who plays Epiphone guitars, but the quality just ain't the same. Plus, you can get a Gibson for $2700. The Epiphone can be had for $900...but you still don't have the real thing.

As a friend of mine says.. "Good things ain't cheap, and cheap things ain't good."

Comment

Working...