Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2005

i love the flame!!! i think its real!!!
    http://www.ironmaiden.com/downloads/tophat2.gif

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

I didn't see anything I like on that edwards site...

I've seen a few mighty nice Korean Tokais...

Put in some real pickups and set it up correctly and I challenge anyone, even Gar, to find something wrong with them...

Comment

• jojo2371
        Head Fluffer
        • Nov 2004

lol gibson japan stopped using the orville name around 1999/2000 and combined both orville + epiphone into one company " epiphone japan" the older models have the original gibby headstock,that pic is prolly a 2004/2005 model which now carries the lame headstock

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

"Prolly" is not a word...

Comment

• jojo2371
            Head Fluffer
            • Nov 2004

elvis, my brother bought a korean tokai ,and slapped duncans in that thing and it still sounded "thin" they look really good ,i mean really good but it just didnt play well ,my belief is the wood is shit ,cuz my bro sold it and got a japanese tokai big difference!! 2 lbs heavier for one thing ,sounded great before i even plugged it in,much closer to the real thing !!! i wouldnt mind a gold top tokai ,but im a strat man and i got 2 fender japan strats i'll never part with !!!!!

Comment

• jojo2371
              Head Fluffer
              • Nov 2004

oh and sorry for the bad spelling !

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

That particular one must have suffered from a poor selection of wood...

That doesn't mean they're all bad...

Many early vintage Les Pauls were particularly light compared to more modern versions that weigh a ton...

Personal preference plays a big roll in this department...

Some people like a thin tone, myself included...

Comment

• jojo2371
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Nov 2004

that i can agree with elvis,it all boils down to personal preference.....

Comment

• roryrobson666
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Aug 2005

tokais play really nicely, but whenever i play one, it feels like theres something missing.... i dont know what but i just cant get into em. yeah there are a lot of guitars with shitty wood, take a lot of gibsons... the customs from the late 70s and early 80s are god aweful!!!
                    Originally posted by jojo2371
                    =the older models have the original gibby headstock,that pic is prolly a 2004/2005 model which now carries the lame headstock
                    there are a few with gibbo headstocks, but theyre rare!!! they tend to be of leeser qualit than orvilles apparently!! but towards the end orvilles were being made in korea anyway.... ooh saw a cheap version epiphone recently, it was made in china!!! this cant be good!!! on inspecton, a lot of them were, do you guys think they will have dropped in quality?? i dunno i played one and it sounded hot!!!
                    http://www.ironmaiden.com/downloads/tophat2.gif

Comment

Working...