Banned
    • Jan 2004

..he said box

uhuhuhuhu

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Im going to have to buy me one of these. I think Im only one here that doesnt own one !!
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• BrownSound1
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Mar 2003

Ed doesn't use the Phase 90 on Unchained. On that he uses an MXR M117 flanger.

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Damn!!
          I bought the wrong pedal!!!!! Reading the Jim Dunlop promo stuff that came with the pedal they don't make that particular pedal at the moment.

It's still damn good though.
          Originally posted by flappo
          i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
          translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• BrownSound1
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

They made it for a while, but I noticed they discontinued it as well. You can find ORIGINAL MXR flangers on Ebay for about the same price. The big difference is they don't run on 9volt batteries, and don't have an LED on them like the Dunlop version did. The original flanger is a tank, that runs on 120vac, and I'm sure there are some European versions out as well. Kind of cool to have a pedal that has a power chord on it as big as my amp does.

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Great, another possible method of electrocution!

The only MXR pedals they make at the moment are:
              M101 MXR Phase 90
              M102 MXR Dyna Comp
              M103 MXR Blue Box
              M104 MXR Distortion+
              M107 MXR Phase 100
              M109 MXR 6B Graphic EQ
              M133 MXR Micro Amp

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• BrownSound1
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Mar 2003

I'm really surprised they quit making the MXR M117 reissue...it is certainly a more infamous pedal than some of those.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

SansAmp

For recording and playing live.
                  You can control feedback at low volumes. The tone is amazing.
                  You get a warm sounding distorted tone and can tweak the thing to your preferences.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Brownsound1
                    Ed doesn't use the Phase 90 on Unchained. On that he uses an MXR M117 flanger.
                    Far as I know, the phase 90 is only audable on VH 1 and 2. He dove staright into over drives and flangers after 1980.
                    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

I just put a bid in on a Boss DD6 Digital Delay. Bid started at $20 Us.
                      Nobody outbid me!
                      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• BrownSound1
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                        Far as I know, the phase 90 is only audable on VH 1 and 2. He dove staright into over drives and flangers after 1980.
                        I can hear it on the other albums, but it is very subtle. I've never heard of him using an overdrive except with Van Hagar...and that was only to boost his signal going into his Crybaby. He went with a lot of harmonizer and chorus type effects during the Gahar years too. The last of the "brown sound" was on 1984.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

I can swear that overdrive was used on some of the tracks on VH1 and WACF no? some of those notes Ed hits are pretty low.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

yeah I can hear some phase shifting on a few songs after VH2, nothing major though. He really started to dig his Flanger I believe.

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

so am i right in thinking the MXR90 was used on ATBL and atomic punk?

omae baka dana?

Comment

• BrownSound1
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Mar 2003

No, Ed used a flanger on those tunes. Actually on Atomic Punk he used the Phase 90 for the scratching part at the beginning and after the solo, and then on the verse he used a flanger. ATBL is straight flanger all the way through.

I can't hear an overdrive on any of that early stuff. When you've got a Variac kicking the voltage up on a Plexi, then you don't need an overdrive. Plus, Ed said he couldn't stand the sound of distortion pedals, and from the pics I've seen of his early rig, he didn't use one. In fact his tone gets less distorted with each consecutive album. All of that stuff is 100% Marshall Plexi tone.

Comment

Working...