Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

yes, pahse 90 on Atomic Punk for sure. But the ATBL using a flanger? I have trouble fattening my chords with my Flanger. It's too "cosmic" or "stereo". Eddy was using original shit, and I think it was a better cleaner sound. check it out:

"FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

he's got 4 pedals there. 1 phase shifter, overdrive, octave and original flanger. Then stacks. Lots of stacks!
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• flappo
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

..my fave stomp box is your fragile ego

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

my "fragile ego" is your favorite stomp box? I suppose that would hurt my feelings a little, if it made any sense at all. But um, whatever you say man. Keep trying, you're getting better at this sort of thing.

Comment

• flappo
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

..better ?

..i'm the gratest !

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

in that context is come spelt like that?
              Originally posted by flappo
              i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
              translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• BrownSound1
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Mar 2003

Yeah, I mentioned him using an overdrive to boost his Crybaby signal...but that is the rig has Van Hagar written all over it. Ed did not use a distortion pedal in the Dave years.

On ATBL, you have to watch how much depth (width on the MXR) and regeneration you have cranked or you will get that metallic pipe sound. It definately isn't an over the top flange by any means...more of a "combing" effect than a jet plane flange.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

cool. good to know. I think I will tweak my shit a bit more.
                  I agree, I think that link showed Ed's gear in the 85 and up years. Too much stack for the older days too.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

now, I want a chorus pedal. Boss CH-1 does seem to be the route to take. Whats your take on this? I want that clean, poppy sound...Like Nazareth uses in Love Hurts. That sound right? And I know Ed used the Chrous alot early on as well.

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

I've got a Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble and that does the trick for me. I've never made use of the stereo output so I can't comment on how good/bad that sounds.
                      Originally posted by flappo
                      i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
                      translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

Ive heard nothing but good things on the stereo outputs. Pricey though. Like $300 here(Canadian)

Comment

• BrownSound1
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Mar 2003

Ed used a Roland Chorus/Echo unit on Diver Down. I have never been able to replicate that sound, especially on Pretty Woman.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

I always wondered what he used on Pretty Woman. I would've guessed Flanger/Overdrive. Hmm.. Im way off.

Comment

• Hecubus
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jan 2004

God I hate that song. That & Dancing in the Streets are such a waste of tape...
                              "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                              "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                              "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                              "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                              "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                              "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                              "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                              "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                              "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Big Troubles
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Feb 2004

I agree with Dancin' in the Streets. But Pretty Woman rocks for me. I love intruder, big time, leading into. freaky shit.

Comment

Working...