Question regarding The EBMM EVH/AXIS Series?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Don Corleone

As for the Peavey Amp - I find the irony delicious that they basically retained the amp as Ed screwed Soldano over before he went to Peavey with the designs.
    Mike Soldano is a nice guy but I think Ed playing a Soldano on F.U.C.K. actually threw some business Mike's way. Soldano is a small manufacturing opperation. His amps have a great reputation and I'm sure he sells as many as they can make.

The 5150 is a good mass produced amp with some unique Peavey features like the Ressonance control. There deffinately is a Soldano influence in the 5150 but the Soldano SLO 100 is a much better built amp than the 5150.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Don Corleone
      Veteran
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      The 5150 is a good mass produced amp with some unique Peavey features like the Ressonance control. There deffinately is a Soldano influence in the 5150.
      There certainly is - Soldano designed the intial version of what became the 5150.

Ed worked with Soldano on an amp, and basically Soldano wouldn't give Ed the money he was after. Ed took the blue prints for the amp they designed together, went to Peavey and signed on the spotted line. The rest is history.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...