X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mewisemagic
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

Eddie Talking Frankie..

Dont know if you guys have seen this nor do I really give a fuck,but if you havent.........................Check it out!!!

• frets5150
    Commando
    • Feb 2004

Wow nice find...By the way where is tejas? :confused:

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Here's part 1...

Edward and Chip are both really cool in this interview, but the idiot conducting the interview sucks...

Comment

• BrownSound1
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Mar 2003

You know, I've read every bit of that info a million times, but I still was hanging on every word EVH said about that guitar. That axe is without a doubt a rock icon, and I'm glad to see it back in use. Ed just looks like Ed with that guitar.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Great finds ,guys . Ed sounds almost "normal" in these vids.

Thanks for posting
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
            You know, I've read every bit of that info a million times, but I still was hanging on every word EVH said about that guitar. That axe is without a doubt a rock icon, and I'm glad to see it back in use. Ed just looks like Ed with that guitar.
            Ed actually seemed like he rediscovered how good that guitar was. His Kramer 5150 was a great sounding guitar and an icon of itself but the original Boogie Bodies Frankenstrat was the one I really grew up on and it's on all those great old albums.

With a good amp and one good pickup, it's all your need. Ed seemed amazed at how well that guitar cleaned up with just the volume pot. He rediscovered his old toy. Kind of cool.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I made my own version of the original Frankenstrat without Ed's famouse paintjob. Mine is purple metal flake with a white pearl pickguard custom made for one volume knob and nothing else. The pickup is floating on mine and the trem is a Wilkinson six screw improved Strat bridge with locking Schaller tuners. The body is a solid piece of Swamp Ash and the neck is a maple Mighty Mite.

Great guitar! I put a Duncan 59 in it.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

Edward and Chip are both really cool in this interview, but the idiot conducting the interview sucks...

That's Matt Bruck, who's actually a very cool guy. Writes Tech Ed for Guitar World, in addition to being Ed's longtime tech.
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Well, he seems clueless...

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Now, am I missing something? When EVH picked up the guitar (that he held throughout the entire interview) he said here's the "rep?"

Does the real Frankie still exist anymore? I've heard rumors that it's been completely unplayable for years now yet, I've seen pics of it. The last one I saw was in about '91 and it had a striped Kramer "Banana" headstock, just like the "5150." However, I've also read over the years that Edward took the Frankie out on the last Van Hagar tour 2004? Heck, I even saw a pic of him playing it but no one ever confirmed whether it was the real deal? Anyone know?
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Mt. Krakalak
                      Roadie
                      • Apr 2006

The interviewer's constant paraphrasing every single thing Ed says is MOST ANNOYING! Jesus Christ!
                      http://joemonahansnewmexico.blogspot.com/drama.jpghttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...y/bullshit.jpg

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mt. Krakalak
                        The interviewer's constant paraphrasing every single thing Ed says is MOST ANNOYING! Jesus Christ!
                        That inteview was like a HSN infomercial.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                          Now, am I missing something? When EVH picked up the guitar (that he held throughout the entire interview) he said here's the "rep?"

Does the real Frankie still exist anymore? I've heard rumors that it's been completely unplayable for years now yet, I've seen pics of it. The last one I saw was in about '91 and it had a striped Kramer "Banana" headstock, just like the "5150." However, I've also read over the years that Edward took the Frankie out on the last Van Hagar tour 2004? Heck, I even saw a pic of him playing it but no one ever confirmed whether it was the real deal? Anyone know?
                          I remember Ed saying he retired the Frankenstrat because "It was litteraly falling apart". Now its seems ok and even has the original Boogie Bodies neck with the wrong headstock. You know, I'm not buying anything EVH says. It's all a big mystery much like the man himself.

Comment

• indeedido
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

Ed is so full of shit. Everything that comes out regarding his gear remains a bunch of lies. From day one he lied. He admits he lied, and he continues to lie.
                            This space for rent.

Comment

• Blackflag
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2006

Every time I try to see this video, it disappears. It says it's 'not available.'

Does anybody know where I can see this video now?

Comment

Working...