X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctor roth
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2005

Mics and mixers

Hey all. Looking at getting some new equipment. Just basic portable middle of the road stuff to lug around to jam sessions to record all the goings on. I use a mini disc player which is great, mainly looking at mixers (10 mic inputs or there abouts) and some mics around the $AU100 (about 75-80 $US). Ive done a bit of looking around, just thought someone here might have a few suggestions or a particular piece of gear they would recommend. Cheers !
    Last edited by doctor roth; 05-28-2007, 11:47 PM.
  • hillbillyhell
    Roadie
    • Apr 2007

I dont know what you would think but i got a peavey mixer and its great 24 ch 16 mic inputs low z and 8 1/4 inch and i went to a place we got here and was looking for some good mic's and was looking at the 200$ mic's and the guy truned me on to bud mic's .. thay were like 69$ or 79 $ and thay are great mic's ...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I have a Carvin mixer that I'm tottaly happy with. I needed a preamp for my stereo and just use a Carvin DJ mixer. Sounds great through tube power amps.

The Peavey stuff is good too.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. I would be wary of some of the Chinese made stuff. Carvin and Peavey are both USA made.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• hillbillyhell
        Roadie
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        I have a Carvin mixer that I'm tottaly happy with. I needed a preamp for my stereo and just use a Carvin DJ mixer. Sounds great through tube power amps.

The Peavey stuff is good too.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. I would be wary of some of the Chinese made stuff. Carvin and Peavey are both USA made.
        AMEN !! I had to replacee the subs in my mains and i went to carvin and damn i got my moneys worth !!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hillbillyhell
          AMEN !! I had to replacee the subs in my mains and i went to carvin and damn i got my moneys worth !!!
          Their mixers and power amps are the best buy out there. No hiss, no noise, good quality sliders and pots and it's all made in San Diego not the Guangdong Factory 55 specializing in rip-off technology.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...