X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theicecreamman
    Roadie
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
    Makes me jealous. That'll make one hell of a guitar dude.
    I hope so it is a tough build. Most the parts for it I found on Ebay. I was able to get a tree of life fingerboard (Ebony) for $40. I am about to experiment with swirling designs. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the month.

Once the Jem is finshed I'm starting the Frankenstrat replica.

Comment

• Gringo
      Roadie
      • Dec 2005

What about Rockfield pickups? Someone tried those?

Peronally i like Seymour Duncan '59 and Seymour Duncan Custom myself. Good pickups.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

You can't go wrong with either Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio. I have some old Trembucker on a guitar I just love. Very Van Halenish.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
          Veteran
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by theicecreamman
          I hope so it is a tough build. Most the parts for it I found on Ebay. I was able to get a tree of life fingerboard (Ebony) for $40. I am about to experiment with swirling designs. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the month.

Once the Jem is finshed I'm starting the Frankenstrat replica.
          40 bucks!?!? CHEAP!! You should post a picture of this beast when you're done with it.

Comment

• cdwillis
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2005

I think a Dimarzio Tone Zone does a pretty good job for a Van Halen sound even though it's a higher output pickup. It responds well to your picking and volume knob, it's got a warm sound and the harmonics jump out.
            "I've always been academic. I've trained in martial arts since my 12th birthday. I like contact sports, history books and the fine art of ridicule and sarcasm. I can gang-sign the alphabet and I own a Mercury low-rider. I am a black man trapped in a Jewish body."

Comment

• indeedido
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

I agree with the Tone Zone 100%. That is my pickup of choice for some classic VH. Classifies as a high out put pickup, but it isn't really. Cleans up very well when you roll the guitar volume down. Harmonics are rich.
              This space for rent.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I think I'm going to wind up my own pickup and call it a Hummfucker.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...