does the colour and shape of your guitar affect the way you play?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Back in 1982 when I worked for Rex Bogue, we had a band The New Yorkers which consisted of half of the future Megadeth rehearsing in the eves (Chris Poland, Gary Samuelson and Stuart Samuelson).

Since Gary and Stuey both worked at BC Rich in El Monte at the time, everyone had BC Rich's including Chris - a nice Mockingbird.

New Yorkers were a rock/jazz band like Asia which was big at the time, and both guitarists played out of Fender Super Reverb combo's. Both had super-stingingly clean sounds and very fucking loud, they WAILED on leads. I have a rehearsal tape of them somewhere I need to rip to MP3 -

BUT my point is sometimes pricepoint and availability dictate what you choose: my first quality guitar was a black Kay SG copy, because it was comfortable to play and learn on, but I WANTED a Les Paul copy which was a hundred more.

Wasn't till I got a Ibanez Les Paul goldtop copy that I actually progressed however, because the Kay SUCKED MY DICK

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

GAR, My first guitar was a KAY SG copy also, purchased at Willis Music along with the Orange Crate Amp....I thought that guitar was shit from day 1....but my mother was the one who bought it.
      I was looking at the $750.00 Gibson Les Paul that it took me 5 years to save for.
      I wish like hell i still had that Gibson, but Noooooooo, I had to be a Strat fan....Thanks Edward, lol....

Comment

Working...