Titanium Floyd Rose Big-Blocks are the shiznit.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Coyote has mentioned he's going to see if it will fit this coming weekend.
    Last edited by jhale667; 10-12-2009, 07:33 PM.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
      Maybe not, but think I'm gonna help your sorry ass rip him off, Mensa? :tongue0011:
      I'm not marketing anything, but I see how disproving your propagating new guitar tone mythology really threatens your stance.

I could make a better D-tuna in my sleep; I've ran Swiss screw machines and Brown n Sharp machines that hold very tight tolerances - you'd think if I was going to make gimmick guitar parts, I'd make that thing feel less sloppy or even incorporate it in a new bridgeplate which I can.

I could probably make this part by eye, but then you'd probably "lose" it in the mail, you're so "interested" in the challenge.

So until you can grow a pair and throw out the dimension, just close the thread Jay like you did with the Recabinet thread.. you can lick your wounds, roleplay some mental games with it for a week about your next clever reply.. my work is done here with the offer to disprove and you not budging.

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

STFU, spam boy. People are tired of your crap.
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
          I actually spent the time to count how many times you owned him: twice.
          .. this past week?

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Sad little fat, bald hater.

Originally posted by GAR
            So until you can grow a pair and throw out the dimension, just close the thread Jay like you did with the Recabinet thread..
            The only person that wants this thread closed (or to derail it) is YOU, bitch. Not gonna happen.

Oh, and as promised, now that I have some MP3s done, the Recabinet thread will be re-opened...wanna go ahead and kill yourself now, or after you hear 'em?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
              I actually spent the time to count how many times you owned him: twice.
              Shhh, noob. You know not of which you speak.
              Learn a little more about your new friend GAR>>>http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/1383569-post68.html

Balding since your 20s? That explains some of the bitterness...
              Pretty much... such a sad little bish!

Originally posted by jackassrock
              No shit. The constant bickering is fucking annoying !
              Talk to GAR and his butt buddy Blackf*ag...

STFU, spam boy. People are tired of your crap.
              Hahahaa....Spamela Handerson
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jackassrock
                Head Fluffer
                • Sep 2004

Don't get confused, I was talking to you too.
                It's a shame that families should be torn apart by something as simple as....wild dogs

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Good luck with that...

If ya can't stand the heat, stay out of the thread. It's quite simple, really!
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

The only person that wants this thread closed (or to derail it) is YOU, bitch.
                    Rude.. anyway, aluminum VS titanium Jay.

You folded, I win. Growing a pair was too grate a challenge cuz you lack a spine.

Comment

• standin
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2009

No, Gar.
                      It was you that lost your manhood when wanting to short cut your way through.

You want to try an experiment, you put the real effort it takes to preform it properly.

There is no reason why you cannot contact the producer of this product and ask for the specs. For all you know, you are doing research work that has already been done.
                      And that is just grade school training if you have.
                      Man up, contact the persons needed for your independent research.
                      To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                      MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

The best way to actually test this Titanium argument would be to normalize some type of induced tone to the top of the bridge, and then measure some type of feedback loop for gain loss in dB, I assume would be greater going from titanium, to the same tone test in the original steel block.

With that loss shown, you would then substitute the steel block for one done the same dimension in aluminum.

To quote the guy I have on ignore, "it really is that simple" to calculate. However, in my mind a challenge is of no merit unless anyone else in the world could also repeat the test and obtain the same results measured in gains or losses.

For example, the standardized accepted method of measuring sensitivity in guitar speakers is the "1 watt of tone signal input measured at a distance of 1 meter."

When I receive speaker samples from manufacturers, first thing I go to is that 1w/1m graphed curve. And I think in all fairness, this can also be done in guitar bridges.

But just as the shit I get from China has some FUCKER cheating the graph and I call and actually get the response "oh that was 2 watts measured at 1m" or like one earlier this year "oh the engineer measured 1w at 24" distance" for the report graphline, the data can be cheated.

Now for this testing I propose epoxy gluing a STANDARD pc minitower 3" speaker magnet-side to the back of the block between the two springs.

Inducing about a 300 hz tone at 1 watt of power to the block, allow the guitar to reamplify the tone.

- this can be thru any amp
                        - this can be thru any pickup
                        - this can be thru any cabinet

However, the volume and tone must be full up 10/

For this test it wont matter the configuration of amp-guitar because we'd gauge the response signal level with the original Floyd steel block, before the substitutions in aluminum or titanium.

Of course, with a scope window open, you could actually see the frequency response difference between bridges and have a corresponding overlay to show exactly why purchasing $200 motherfucking dollars worth of titanium is so much better than $2 dollars when the physical properties are so nearly identical I guarantee you the acoustic properties aren't far off.

But your freind would beg to differ - his margin for profit is better with TI than AL.

However if it were me doing this flimflam, I would offer the aluminum for a pricepoint of $60. I doubt the TI he uses couldn't cost more than $20 per block but this shows his margin is better with aluminium..

BOTTOM LINE here is not: Do I wanna rip your friend off from ripping off people like you.. but Do I wanna show measured results - which is the question (not OPINION) at hand he must answer if he as you say is following the thread.

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by standin
                          Man up, contact the persons needed for your independent research.
                          I'm not the one pushing an agenda here, in fact am the only one proposing to obtain any kind of standardized sampling criteria since trying a civil approach to changing Jay's mind with an actual, physical challenger stoked some fear of the truth in him to decline the offer.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR

However, the volume and tone must be full up 10/
                            Edit: guitar volume and tone.. any volume you are recording with a mic is fine, or any DI output from an amp.

My point is the only thing constant must be that all 3 blocks

stock Schaller steel
                            titanium
                            aluminum

all have a cheapo pc speaker, they're like a buck each or less, those have to be the same make for the test to be standardized, and the settings on amp guitar or di output remain unchanged between bridge changes.

Comment

• standin
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by GAR
                              I'm not the one pushing an agenda here, in fact am the only one proposing to obtain any kind of standardized sampling criteria since trying a civil approach to changing Jay's mind with an actual, physical challenger stoked some fear of the truth in him to decline the offer.
                              Do your own work. Your experiment, your work. If you need a team to do your experiment/research, you got to be a team player. You must go to the source of the proposed question and start there. No one is going to do a research project for you. They will do it for themselves.
                              To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                              MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• GAR
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2004

I don't care! I rarely touch my guitar to notice any improvement in dead strings, so much for the theory that I wish to be a part of any research project I could give half a shit for correct?

I'm not selling or pitching any benefits here like Jay is, this is his baby to deal with to print a sampled data curve for us to show why its a better material.

One more time: I believe titanium would be more beneficial tonewise than steel, but witholding some concern aluminum isn't comparable or at least of equivalent benefit over steel.

If the price is the same, I'd go with TI because AL is weaker but as I already mentioned an aluminum Floyd bridge version would have to have some parts beefed up to avoid stripping out. But it certainly could be done.

Comment

Working...