Titanium Floyd Rose Big-Blocks are the shiznit.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Yup!

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Blackflag
      Banned
      • Apr 2006

I'm going on vacation now, but please feel free to continue talking about me in my absence. You seem to be doing great so far.

Comment

• standin
        Veteran
        • Apr 2009

yup
        To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
        MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
          Must've missed this question originally, but coincidentally I decided to revisit the thread to post a cool interview the owner of FloydUgrages sent me (translated from a French guitar magazine) and the new ad that's in this month's Guitar World. These blocks are catching on!

His name is Adam Reiver - totally cool dude. Contact him! He's making them for Schaller and Ibanez bridges now, and he may even have something that will fit your Jackson! You won't know until you ask, y'know?
          Which I did. I sent an e-mail, his answer suggested a Gotoh-block.

Looks like I'm gonna have to take the trem apart and measure the mounting holes some time next week...
          (unless there's some shortcut to it I'm not aware of yet)
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• letsrock
            Veteran
            • Mar 2007

I tried to read back to see what you are measuring, but there seems to be some tic tac stuff goin on. So what are you working on?

Comment

• letsrock
              Veteran
              • Mar 2007

I don't think you could make a better analogy - or a longer spaghetti-sentence for that matter, but I think she's right....
              Have you put the titanium floyd on all your guitars as of yet?

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
                I'm going on vacation now, but please feel free to continue talking about me in my absence. You seem to be doing great so far.
                Enjoy the cruise...

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

The trollery makes it hard to follow, I hear ya...

Originally posted by letsrock
                  I tried to read back to see what you are measuring, but there seems to be some tic tac stuff goin on. So what are you working on?
                  In the case of Coyote, he's trying to figure out whether the FloydUpgrades Gotoh-sized Big Block will fit his Jackson Trem.

In GAyR's case, he wants me to measure one for him so he can attempt to copy it...swindle-boy at work again...but it's not gonna happen.

And to answer your question to me, no - holding off on switching the rest out for a bit, at least until I finish recording. Already ended up re-doing a bunch of tracks when I switched out the one, and I know I'd end up doing the same thing on the tracks recorded with the other main guitar I'm using (which currently has the brass one installed). That, and they're y'know, kinda expensive~! For the cost of the two blocks I need I could book an entire day in a real studio and bring in someone to do live drum-tracks. So that's gotta happen first.
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Coyote
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

In the case of Coyote, he's trying to figure out whether the FloydUpgrades Gotoh-sized Big Block will fit his Jackson Trem.
                    I'm kinda puzzled though, do I have to take the saddles off?
                    (Stupid question, I know, only asking 'cause so far I haven't done stuff like this.)
                    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Here ya go...

Yeah, you will have to...I did a kinda tutorial thing with pics over at RF...and Adam has YouTubes up of how to perform the install and not spend a week re-intonating your bridge once you get it back together...mark each saddle location on the baseplate with a sharpie before you take them off and it gives you a general ballpark of how to re-set them - won't be perfectly intonated when you put 'em back on, but damn close!

Best thing you can do is keep all your saddles in order as you take them off, so they go back on in the same order (keeping the string heights correct) but it's not reeeeally difficult.

Here's Adam's YouTubes covering the installation and set-up:

I'm here to help, regardless of what the trolls say...

If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• letsrock
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2007

Great vids.

Comment

• Coyote
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

I declare this a weekend project. Got the Jackson with me at school, and I can't exactly be without an axe here...

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Yeah, I see your point - block (no pun intended) out a good hour or so, maybe two the first time...but it probably won't take as long as you think.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Coyote
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Yeah, I see your point - block (no pun intended) out a good hour or so, maybe two the first time...but it probably won't take as long as you think.
                              True. But I'll still do this on the weekend. :tongue0011: Rather do this nice'n'slow, than fast'n'fuck-it-up.

I checked out the Gotoh site, BTW. To my eyes, looks identical with the Jackson floyd...
                              Last edited by Coyote; 10-11-2009, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Pretty sure Gotoh makes them for Jackson...but not 100%.

That's right...it's already Monday there, huh? Or about to be, at least?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...