Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

I moved up from the 390 to the 495, and it does kick ass.. but I'm ready for the Graco 650 - I know every part of an airless and I got my eye on one in a pawn shop down in Lomita for $300 - even if it needs a new pump, my 495 cost me brand new $1700 so this is a steal.

Comment

• letsrock
      Veteran
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Am I not correct Igo that you can use paint directly on wood ??

You might soak up some paint depending on the density of the wood...

But even ash which is porous, I have sanded and basically sealed it with several very thin coats of laquer (thin so it dries fast and doesn't soak a mile deep altering the good qualities of selecting ash in the first place) because it almost dries in the air while spraying it...

But Gar never did me anything (that I know of) so i still like him...
      yes you can paint directly on wood. There is no law against it.

Comment

• indeedido
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

Here is a quick sidebar related to my build.

In my travels to find a body and a neck, I came across this guy at Legacy One Guitars. He markets on ebay under Deep 6. Turns out the guy is a crook and a HUGE piece of shit. There are hundreds of pages under a thread at jemsite.com about this guy. He is the one I bought my original neck from and went round and round with my CC company to eventially get my money back. More on that story in a moment.

Here is the part you may find interesting. On his website, Welcome to Legacy One Guitars, he has many guitars he's made and offers. most of the pics look great. Inlay work looks good. More on that later....Any way, click on guitars and then the one titled IbanED. He has posted his discussion with Edward's lawyers. Check it out and discuss.
        Last edited by indeedido; 06-22-2009, 11:12 AM.
        This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

The Ultimate Embarrassment VH Guitar

Not for sale!

Although Ed is a very nice, fan loving, talented,
          non-drug using-incredible role model, he doesn't want you to own a red, black and white guitar.

I've been told this many times by Tracy Taub of ELVH, Inc.

My latest conversation with Tracy went EXACTLY, WORD FOR WORD, like this:

To: Deep 6
          Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 5:01 PM

Chris,

Please remove the following black and yellow striped guitar from your site for sale.
          This is a violation of another ELVH, Inc copyright (Franky Design VAu 544-060).

MY RESPONSE.....

Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:54 PM
          To: Tracy Taub
          Subject: Re: Van Halen Guitars for the masses!

Are you serious.... That son of a bitch just cancelled $1500 worth of concert tickets (3 VIP Tickets for the 4/5/2008 show) becauce he can't keep off the drugs long enough to finish a tour, but he still has enough clarity to worry about a 3 year old guitar body I found in my basement. You guys must be proud of your clients. They are super classy.

Luckily "I LOVE ALL ACCESS" is a class act, and they refunded my money. You're company and CLIENTS could learn a lot from them.

Tracy as I've always said, "I'm sure you're personally not the devil." That being said, I hope you like working for him.

Tell Ed, well never mind don't tell him anything, and yes, I will remove the body from my site.

Have a nice day. It's always a pleasure hearing from you.

Chris

TRACY'S RESPONSE

Chris,

None of the dates were cancelled, and the new concert dates were just announced yesterday.

None of this had to do with drugs, and that being said, thank you for your cooperation.

And yes, I do enjoy working for EVH.

Tracy

Tracy Taub
          ELVH, Inc.
          ttaub@nksf.com

So let me recap the fun parts......

Chris-Tracy as I've always said, "I'm sure you're personally not the devil." That being said, I hope you like working for him.

Tracy-yes, I do enjoy working for EVH.

That's awesome.
          This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

Now for the guys' work. See anything unusually wrong with these pics of the neck I bought from him????

Last edited by indeedido; 06-22-2009, 11:10 AM.
            This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

Look at the crater in that scarf joint!!!!!!!

Look at the gap under the frets? Think he cut them a little deep?
              This space for rent.

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by letsrock
                yes you can paint directly on wood. There is no law against it.
                That's not the point, the point was, clear lacquers or enamels or ANYTHING see-thru of a finish is of a finer particle and fills grain better than solid, opaque finish.

Sure you can paint directly onto the body, but you waste material, get more buildup faster without filling the grain and therefore wind up sanding most of it off till the grain settles, and because the grain isn't filled in underneath it will keep shrinking for 2 months or more.

So in the long run, even using a fuckin' can of Krylon clear lacquer just dusting it on, till you get about 4 coats before sanding would be $6 well spent just in time savings alone before spraying a color coat.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                  I moved up from the 390 to the 495, and it does kick ass.. but I'm ready for the Graco 650 - I know every part of an airless and I got my eye on one in a pawn shop down in Lomita for $300 - even if it needs a new pump, my 495 cost me brand new $1700 so this is a steal.
                  Another load of horseshit.

You could'nt paint your fucking toes, Dumbass.

You have NOTHING !
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Fender uses a 695 in production, it's good for lacquer, latex, literally anything. No shit! And they're so easy to clean the pump, you can do it yourself.. the ball, the packing seals, the whole damn thing is butt simple. I've done it!

I'm getting that 695.. I always felt like I could use just a wee tad more pressure, and I noticed the little difference in gal per minute flow meant alot at the gun between the 390 and the 495 that that was going to be the next step for me anyways.

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                      Now for the guys' work. See anything unusually wrong with these pics of the neck I bought from him????
                      Oh fucking hell man!

Did you order that thing from the guy Sarge used? (edit: okay I read it, "jemsite" guy..)

I think you need to return that neck, dude. If you can't, you'll have to take the frets out and that fingerboard so far down it's almost a waste.

If I was you, I'd just flip it. You're FUCKED. If this was a custom order for a guy off your website, he's not gonna be happy with it.

Of course, you could just leave the fingerboard alone, fill the fret slots with epoxy dabs mixed with rosewood dust sanded off the fingerboard side, then paint the neck up to a line matching the other side.. that would work for an ebay auction but for a custom order no way.

If you can't get the guy to take the neck back, order another one 50% off on condition he doesn't send you a second.

This one's a SECOND. The floyd nut ledge explains it all! It's tilted to the same degree as the fingerboard radius, which says there must've been some junk between the pinrouter template and the bit.

That or the guy's stupid!
                      Last edited by GAR; 06-22-2009, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• indeedido
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

This isn't my current neck, it is the first one I bought that caused the delay. I emailed the guy and he said he didn't know what could have went wrong. That was the last communication I got. I emailed him dozens of times and left him dozens of voice messages. I finally got my credit card company involved as I paid him via paypal. Took four months but I got my money back. That thing was horrible. That nut shelf tells the story alone. How could anyone not see that, and go ahead and ship it. There is no way that thing would have played correctly. One side of the fingerboard was thicker than the other. Come on!!
                        This space for rent.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I can't believe the dude even sent the thing to you with a straight face...holy crap!
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

He knew what he was doing: I checked his website and this is typical of people who wanna play the CNC game and trade cad files in forums.. but are too STOUID to create a firm lockdown jig such as using toggle clamps so the piece doesn't move around during milling.

That's what happened here. But the frets tell the real story why that thing wouldn't play, that sight shot shows you'll be real busy with the file trying to work some kind of level into 'em.

That guy knew exactly what he was doing, because he wasted 30 bucks in materials and knew the deal was shot when he pulled the unfretted blank out of the jig.

Comment

• katie
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Diamondidiot
                              :

FYI, I own and use a Graco 4900 HVLP (that's high pressure,low volume- just saving ya some Google time ,Bish) and a Graco 495 airless prayer for different types of spraying that I do.

X

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Last edited by jhale667; 06-23-2009, 09:12 PM. Reason: DJ's was funnier, but let's keep it SFW...
                                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...