X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    And Pro Tools is still the Industry standard for recording, like you'd know...
    .. until 2003, it's been Logic for awhile now. But since you're PC I'd recommend the new Cubase 5 for the looping beats and songwriting aspects.

It also has guitar effects. And since you're DI out coupled with your cab anyway, you won't need this Recabinet stuff anyways.

d/l a cubase 5 freetrial version, also there's a crack on limewire but you need to av it before install but after unzip

Comment

• Blackflag
      Banned
      • Apr 2006

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
        .. until 2003, it's been Logic for awhile now. But since you're PC I'd recommend the new Cubase 5 for the looping beats and songwriting aspects.
        Gonna take an actual producer's word over yours on this, since I purchased Pro Tools on his recommendation.

Hell, I'd take a potted plant's word over yours, though...
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

There's alot of underemployed Protools "producers" who won't change with the times like that just like those who lived in denial with analogue 8/16/24 track r2r well past the age of ADAT, which likewise is gone now too with the advent of nonlinear editors since 92.. so much for that argument Jay.

Wake the fuck up or something you're not getting any younger.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

At least I'm not senile like you yet...

Originally posted by GAR

Wake the fuck up or something you're not getting any younger.
            Said the 60-something...whatever, gramps. :tongue0011:

Much like your opinion on guitars, gear, pretty much anything...nobody gives a shit whether you approve of my selection or not...I can still take the shit on my recording drive ANYWHERE, which you still can't say about ALL the other platforms yet.

And my friend's certainly not "underemployed" or resistant to new technology, so there goes that argument, GAyR...
            Last edited by jhale667; 09-17-2009, 02:32 AM.
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

Your pals' preference is as I said, shoveling shit against the trend's tide.

He may find work, and work with inferior tools, but he's still a tool who works less efficiently than those who upgraded to Logic.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Funny how the guitarist (a name I won't drop here but you'd certainly recognize) whose latest solo album he just produced (which is getting rave reviews) didn't seem to mind...you shovel shit against the tide of reality every time you post.

Ah, and the irony of a Charvette owner blathering on about "inferior tools"....

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

If your freinds' effort was done on an ADAT and got noticed, it's still all about the performance isn't it then?

If the guy chose to record with a picklefork cutting lacquer direct off the lathe, and it sold thousands, that would probably in your mind prove me wrong also.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
                    Oh, I know what I'm talking about alright. I know tone. And I know you don't get it on a computer.
                    Typical uneducated opinion. Time to get out of the 80's, Numbnuts...
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Blackflag
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2006

Funny how the guitarist (a name I won't drop here but you'd certainly recognize) whose latest solo album he just produced (which is getting rave reviews) didn't seem to mind...
                      Wait, what was that? Was that name dropping without actually dropping the name? Is that pseudo-name dropping? Quasi-name dropping?

If a name gets dropped in the forest and nobody's around to hear it, is the name dropper still a douchebag?

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

Here to disembowel another thread, cock-tickler?

Not only do you NOT have anything to offer concerning the original topic, you hang out here long after every one's gone, admiring your work, like a 2 year-old stares at the first shit it takes in the toilet.

Only difference is, the 2 year-old actually accomplished something.

Don't forget to wash your hands when you're done, nut-juggler.

Comment

• Igosplut
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Much like your opinion on guitars, gear, pretty much anything...nobody gives a shit whether you approve of my selection or not...I can still take the shit on my recording drive ANYWHERE, which you still can't say about ALL the other platforms yet.

And my friend's certainly not "underemployed" or resistant to new technology, so there goes that argument, GAyR...
                          See Hale, if you don't listen to GARgle you're never going to get recorded. He knows best after all

Of course that would be having your statement of a crime recorded by the police that I'm sure he's very good at....."Yes officer, the handbag IS mine...." So listen up!!

That is if you wanna be like him.....
                          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

I can pretty much assure you there is nobody here like me, at all.

Let me put it in a way anyone could understand: nobodys gonna know the difference what you record with these days because the CD itself is 25 years old, and still plays back at 16K resolution.

Todays' meager, I mean, the least-expensive recording progs do 44.1

Protools is like using a using a howizter when you're trying to hunt pidgeos and only really need a pellet gun: it's big, hard to use, unweidy and crashes even a fast Mac once you load the effects plugins.

Fuck that. The new stuff using the new windows audio API can use 64 bit native under Vista and allocate up to 1 terabyte of RAM. I don't care how many fx plugins you got, you're not gonna crash 1tb.. and I've seen the macs die doing what I've tried so I'm still waiting.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Please to be getting over yourself, and on topic.

Originally posted by GAR
                              Yep, you're a legend in you own mind.
                              That's a probably good thing, and not for the reasons you think...

Flame-fests and bullshit aside...this isn't about the recording platform.

Back on topic - did the downloads (not the package, just the two). I didn't even realize how in depth this went until I really got to actually look at the entire IR library the website only kind of hints at it...in addition to all the different cabinet (having a mod of Warren Demarti's 80s recording 4x12 w/Greenbacks in the library was worth $10 bucks alone, c'mon...) and mic emulations, different mic positions much like PODfarm's cab sims, but here's another plus:
                              You're able to direct record the amp of your choice w/the cabs with multiple mic sims simultaneously using multiple tracks. Say, a Shure SM57 on the cone, and a Sennheiser MD421 - or a Neumann U87 Condenser virtually placed 5, 10, 15 feet away or whatever...crazy possibilities. You could conceivably go all Randy Rhoads/Max Norman on your shit... ambiance tracks for days.
                              This is seemingly going to be at least as valuable addition to my (or anyone's) set up as PODfarm...I mean, I get to use my amp (and effects...that's right, my pedalboard!!!! LMAO), ffs...!
                              The Mellowmuse IR1A plug-in easily (and automatically) installed in my Digidesign VST folder, so to record it's direct out of the amp to the M-box, pull up IR1A on the track(s) and load the desired Recabinet cab/mic combo - oh yeah, in zero latency mode.

Gonna try set up my rig later, crank down to 15 watts so as not to alarm the neighbors and double a rhythm track with my amp on a tune so I can A/B it against the PODfarm tracks. Probably will try something simple first like just the aforementioned Demartini "Green 4x12" and an SM57, but can't wait to hear what it's going to sound like.
                              I'm also going to start saving a dry direct-amp track to be able to play with combinations after the fact as well...haven't really done that with PODfarm.
                              Ideally now I'll be able to use the Boogie for the primary dirt tones, and PODfarm for all the coloration tracks...y'know Bassmans, Voxs, variety shite...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GAR
                                How true. You surpass just about everyone here with your 3rd-grade silliness.

Let me put it in a way anyone could understand: nobodys gonna know the difference what you record with these days because the CD itself is 25 years old, and still blah blah I'm so smart I know everything, etc. etc. etc.
                                Let me put it in a way even you can understand: Yeah yeah shut the fuck up already.

Hell I have so many amps sims of various kinds. Rack mount crap, computer crap, DAW crap.

Sure they are handy for no-volume recording, but since I live in the stix, I just throw the 57 on my Marsahall slant cab, crank it up to 3 or 4, and it does me right.
                                Last edited by Hardrock69; 09-19-2009, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Working...