X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
    I was talking about Lakwood Pawn before.. well, there's one of those Fender Elite series just like this, 1983 the last year but in Shoreline Gold for $699 asking price:
    "The Strat" proceeds the Elite and was nothing like it electronically or otherwise - different pickups, hardware, the input jack was even in a different location than a traditional Strat...apples and oranges, but thanks for playing.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i had a mid 90's Hamer Diablo i wish i wouldn't have sold. trans red, two humbuckers, Floyd...oh, well. there's more out there.

Originally posted by Sarge
      I do have a few remorses when it comes to women.
      yeah...in my case, i shoulda slit that cunt's throat when i had the chance.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Can't live with them, can't SHOOT them...I hear ya..

Don't get me started...
        Much like a car remorse thread, that one could go on for decades if we all got going...
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Igosplut
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

No car remorse here..
          Yea, me too.... But it was the actual involvement with them, not the absence of it.........
          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Had a 72 Gibson ES335 I traded for an old Harley. The bike damn near killed me.

Traded the bike for a 1970 Marshall JMP 100W Super Lead. The damn amp almost killed me when I was soldering a broken joint and cap discharged on me...

Should have kept the guitar... it never tried to kill me!!
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Reverberator
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Aug 2004

Sellers remorse ! how about buyers remorse!

I've been looking for a signature aurora for 5 or 6 years with no luck whatsoever , then yesterday one pops up on ebay for £500 buy it now . Ok it was a 2nd revision with the carved top ( I prefer the non carved ) but was in great condition.

Unfortunately yesterday I was £300 short but after some fiddling about I raised it . ( was even thinking of selling the malmsteen!!) So I got home from work , straight on to ebay and guess...... some bastard had bought it ten minutes before..

That's remorse.
              Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
              the chazzers are so lucky
              so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Reverberator
                Sellers remorse ! how about buyers remorse!

I've been looking for a signature aurora for 5 or 6 years with no luck whatsoever , then yesterday one pops up on ebay for £500 buy it now . Ok it was a 2nd revision with the carved top ( I prefer the non carved ) but was in great condition.

Unfortunately yesterday I was £300 short but after some fiddling about I raised it . ( was even thinking of selling the malmsteen!!) So I got home from work , straight on to ebay and guess...... some bastard had bought it ten minutes before..

That's remorse.
                Oh, that sucks! Missed it by this much....sorry, dude.

Maybe you'll get lucky and a non-carved one like you really want will pop up soon.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                  I was talking ...
                  And nobody gives a fuck...

Do us all a favour and throw yourself under the next bus. Or better yet douse yourself in the nearest flammable liquid... :dafinger:
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Upon further consideration....lol

I realized as I was posting in the GAS thread, my two current projects-in-limbo are somewhat, no- fully buyer/seller remorse & sentimetality related...

The first one (not really "buyers" remorse since the part in question cost me nada, but): My second of two mutt with real vintage Charvel necks on them: Got the first one's body the same time (and from the same dealer) I got the neck(s) from, but the second one, I let my then gf's cousin (wood-worker, furniture-builder, all around guitar freak) talk me into letting him make the body for it. "I can make one just as good as these if not better!" he exclaimed, and being a broke 20-yr old, I took him up on the offer....

Sounded great in theory - he made a seemingly accurate template off my other Strat body, took pictures of the contours, everything - then he decided to get "fancy" with it, and I was too much of an un-assertive wuss at the time to tell him no, and besides, what was I paying for it?
                    So he did something wacky with the cutaways where the neck joins ("The way Fender does it is stupid" he said - ok, maybe - but still looks cooler than that!), and I further contributed to the fuckup by using MAPLE because I'd read George Lynch said it was cool (turns out maple bodies sound, IMO like ASS), and I'd also around that time read about EVH moving his rear pickup closer to the bridge for more "bite" - bad idea(s).
                    I never liked the looks (or sound, no matter the pickup used) of the body itself, but I always dug the original concept, and the bolted-steel finish motif. But rather than selling it and feeling terrible about, I let it sit on a stand and taunt me for years...daily remorse as opposed to the occasional ones we're talking about here..
                    So I'm basically re-creating it on a new (exact Charvel copy) body, and having a WAAAAAAAAY better artist (who does paint work for Charvel/Jackson) re-imagine the finish. Should turn out pretty cool, and like it SHOULD have the first time!

THEN.....(lol) there's my high-school sweetheart Kramer; got that because I HATED the Pacer bodies (looks like a Strat's inbred cousin melted, worse even than the body above, IMO), and because it looked like the body of EVH's "Shark" guitar...

Problem: The neck (in addition to being a tiny, girlie-man 1 5/8" R2 nut-width, WHICH I HATE), the back contour was (again) like a baseball bat, and if I'd wanted something that felt like THAT I would've kept my Blue Strat...lol! So I scavenged the Floyd off that (that's it on the Strat in the pic above, actually) and sold everything else except the body - not the last time I'd do something like that over the years.

So now that's getting all redone and tricked out too... already looks cooler. It's just awaiting the final piece of the puzzle...

But hey, here's two instances of actually being able to reverse a remorse/regret situation...not bad, huh?

Thought of another one that got away, too...around 1985ish, a local buddy custom-ordered a Charvel EXACT VH II copy (except the headstock was pointy) and when he decided to sell it (for a fraction of what he paid) didn't have the cash...it was one of the FULL-ON "lawsuit" Charvels, and I passed on it... probably worth a mint now...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

We could probably also lump "modifications I wish I'd never done" in here too (rather than another thread)...I'm sure somebody out there say, ruined their (now) vintage Strat (so to speak) by routing it for a humbucker and/or Floyd back in the day?

Anyone?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• indeedido
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

I have so many gear regrets. Pretty much all from bordom/tone chasing.

Marshall 6100 head- The most flexible Marshall to me. So many tones.

Marshall Slash model head - Great single tone

1973 Gibson Les Paul Custom- I had a hankering to be Ace Frehley so I chased down a '73 custom. Put some cream Dimarzios in it, but didn't have it in me to route the middle pickup cavity.

Modded 5150 II - I emailed James Brown (the designer of the amp at Peavey) and he sent me the schematic to change the lead channel back to the specs of the original 5150. Had it modded so I had the flexibility of the footswitchable crunch on one channel, and the brutal gain of the original on the lead channel.
                        This space for rent.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Marshall Slash head? Isn't that a JCM 800?

Another regret.....and I don't even remember why....I musta needed the money.

I had a 2 X 12 JCM 800 combo amp from the early 80s. In 1986 I went into the studio to record a demo....when checking out their amps (they had about a dozen different amps, Laney, Marshall, Fender, Hiwatt and more) none of them gave me the tone that combo amp did.

Fuck. Wish I had never parted with that one for sure.
                          Last edited by Hardrock69; 12-01-2009, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

I have a Kramer 3000 cherry-red hockey-head Kramer neck in rosewood fingerboard for that thing. Told you almost a year ago.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

You mean you LIED to us almost a year ago.

Post pics or STFU!

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                                I have a Kramer 3000 cherry-red hockey-head Kramer neck in rosewood fingerboard for that thing. Told you almost a year ago.
                                And I told you I wasn't interested. Almost a year ago. So what part of "NO" did you not get?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...