The great Floyd Rose Big-Block Shootout.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
    he claimed to have a theramin in the trunk when the good vibrations thread was active.
    Don't forget the mass amounts of imaginary gear "in storage"!
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

I like pivot-trems because they lose less sustain than Kahlers, but I also prefer the workings of the Kahler over pivot trems.

Yet I can't still get over why Brian May hasn't glommed onto pivot trems, maybe his dad got something right the first time with that "motorcycle-valvespring" trem he handmade for the Red Special, and why Gibson can't figure out how to just make a stiffer, smaller spring like that - instead of carving up the Les Paul top for a Floyd rout which was designed for 5 pencil-thin 3-inch springs? COME ON that design is 60 years old now or what?

We need something new and I can only tell you what the next "new" thing in tremolo's isn't going to be: a routing requiring about a half-pound of body wood removal, right at the critical point the bridge meets the wood. I have been done with Floyds for this reason for years, and only need them very rarely.

I learned early-on to ignore celebrity endorsements of stuff. They don't pay for this shit and Slash will probably never have to pay for even another guitar PICK let alone an amp, a guitar or what have you.

Keep pumping up a pointless thread, keep claiming "owneage" where you can't own your way out of a the paper bags MY ownings left behind in their blinding hindsight.
      Last edited by GAR; 05-30-2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
        he claimed to have a theramin in the trunk when the good vibrations thread was active.
        I still have a Big Briar MIDI Theramin in the trunk, beneath some sweatsocks from racquetball and a half-dozen disposable Big Gulp drink cups.

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

.. oh yeah, btw "martenot" not "theramin"

/reowned

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

STFU, TinyTubby.

Who cares if Slash paid for it or not GARfail? Unlike you, he owns gear, appreciates TONE, and is using Big-Blocks. You don't, can't and therefore aren't.

Perma-owned. :dafinger:
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Bring back the groan button!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Garfuckle suffers from a mental derangement that will not let him stop believing he owns more than just a cardboard guitar.

Therefore he must cuntinually try to convince everyone he a) owns something besides his cardboard guitar, and b) that he knows something, ANYTHING about what he is talking about, but the end result is the exact opposite of what he wants.....he only cuntinually demonstrates he does not know a goddamned thing about anything.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                  Garfuckle suffers from a mental derangement that will not let him stop believing he owns more than just a cardboard guitar.

Therefore he must cuntinually try to convince everyone he a) owns something besides his cardboard guitar, and b) that he knows something, ANYTHING about what he is talking about, but the end result is the exact opposite of what he wants.....he only cuntinually demonstrates he does not know a goddamned thing about anything.
                  In a nutshell?! Exactly!

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    Garfuckle suffers from a ..

Therefore he must cuntinually .. and ..
                    the end result is ...
                    he only cuntinually demonstrates he does not know...
                    Originally posted by Jhale667
                    Unlike you, he owns gear, appreciates TONE, and is using Big-Blocks. You don't, can't and therefore aren't.

Parlor gossip, the both of you! Dontcha gals got a drivethru Botox party to contribute to?

Because neither of you ever address my contention that Floyd Upgrades parts are an unnecessarily cost-curve for the benefit.. and that I believe a better non-Fender, non-Floyd trem design is still down the road yet.

So fuck-all with "blocks." 2 percent gain in sustain is insufficient for me to notice, when I play so fucking loud I actually have more sustain with the near-field compression from several cabinets running, that sustain is only an issue to me if I sit and hide in the bedroom with headphones.

Yeah, THEN we notice some increased sustain. But nobody thus far has been able to demonstrate that with a fair recording of such increases.

Boys this is going on now too many years: why not attack my contention, instead of taking my points themselves as an attack, and attacking me for it?

Your debates are really boring sometimes.
                    Last edited by GAR; 05-31-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                      Because neither of you ever address my contention that Floyd Upgrades parts are an unnecessarily cost-curve for the benefit..
                      Yeah, it'd take you like, all day busking an underpass on the 405 to come up with the $25 it'd take for a Brass block, so I can see why you'd feel that way...

and that I believe a better trem design is still down the road yet.
                      And you haven't a clue what that design is, nor plan to make it a reality...so STFU.
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                        And you haven't a clue what that design is, nor plan to make it a reality...so STFU.
                        I already directed the discussion towards the elderly Mr. May's conception of a stiff-spring tremelo, and the fact in all those Queen recordings with it unchanged from day one, how better engineering is available since the Red Special trem is a block-less design.

That means: no block. Visualize that if you can.. I'm talking, no need whatsoever for a block and it still stays in tune even without a nutblock. Gee, the concept works then doesn't it?

So there you go: again, reality.. just reread the thread I already spoke of it. It exists. Tell Floydupgrades to make something that tilts on an 80-pound valvespring that requires a 1" hole in the top and the world would beat a path to his door. But he won't do it.. Adam is in the retrofit game, not a totally different OEM bridge with new routings.

To do that he'd have to spend time and money marketing it, and giving out more free stuff, kinda like what he's doing now with guys like Slash already. So it would be a long time before he comes up with an original idea all his own to sell.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                          Tell Floydupgrades to yadda yadda yadda
                          Dude, STFU. Tell yourself to fuck off. Nobody gives a fuck what you think. The entire universe thinks you're a jackass.

To do that he'd have to spend time and money marketing it,blah blah blah. So it would be a long time before he comes up with an original idea all his own to sell.

New stuff's in the pipeline...not like you'd know, would you crybaby? Just quit whining already.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Hinder your stuffed pipeline of exhuberant flatulence till you post it, it's just gonna be more of the same anyways..

Then go "ah here's one," not just "oh I got ten albums in the can" or something like EVH.

Coyote has proven already, that if you're gonna do it then do it. Then you may boast not before, otherwise you look a ass.

Comment

• Igosplut
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                              Hinder your stuffed pipeline of exhuberant flatulence till you post it, it's just gonna be more of the same anyways..

Then go "ah here's one," not just "oh I got ten albums in the can" or something like EVH.

Coyote has proven already, that if you're gonna do it then do it. Then you may boast not before, otherwise you look a ass.
                              Where the fucks your shit coward?? You don't post ANYTHING except criticism....

All fucking talk, no fucking walk....
                              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAyR, owning himself
                                Yeah, Coyote and I both have posted clips. You've done nothing, yet are continuously boasting, thus looking like an ass. Correct, fuckstump. Congrats.

Since you love mine so much, here's one from '07...!

Slide intro solo - Shred-silliness from the garage tapes #rock #shred
                                Last edited by jhale667; 05-31-2010, 07:45 PM.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...