Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackflag
    Banned
    • Apr 2006

Speaking of which, I'm lusting for one of these...
    Godin Guitars

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
      Speaking of which, I'm lusting for one of these...
      Godin Guitars
      That's a neat take on an archtop. One of the (many) issues with those older models was that they tended to be ergonomically impractical. Sure, they had a sweet tone that guys like George Benson could be particularly expressive with. What most people aren't aware of is that guys like Benson had unusually huge hands featuring long, tapered fingers, so getting into the upper register of the neck (where the supple mids are located) wasn't an issue. But for the rest of us mere mortals, it required quite an effort. The cutaways on this Grodin model are similar to those of a Les Paul (almost).

It would be cool if it came with a 5 way switch, rather than a standard 3 way to fully exploit the possibilities of it's tones. Yet that is a mere quibble when you realize that you can actually sit comfortably and play the damned thing without needing to do a set of calisthenics first.

Nice choice.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I'm trying to get rid of stuff so all I wanted for Christmas was some pussy, ass, and tits. Those are the funnest toys!
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...