X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by GAR
    Fame, women, fortune.. let me tell you something I've had all that and the only thing that escapes me that I'd really really wanted is peace and quiet anymore - mainly because I can't have that.
    Then move your home......you don't have to live under the overpass you know
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Igosplut
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
        Fame, women, fortune.. let me tell you something I've had all that and the only thing that escapes me that I'd really really wanted is peace and quiet anymore - mainly because I can't have that.
        So famous and rich that you like to wipe your ass with matchbox cars, throwing them to children, pissing on young boys at the Y, and harassing mothers of soldiers and prodding would be suicide victims into killing themselves?

Where'd you make your money? Jackass???
        Last edited by Igosplut; 01-20-2010, 08:20 AM.
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Igosplut
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sorry J.....
          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I'll allow it, but yeah - order in the court!

Originally posted by Igosplut
            Sorry J.....
            Meh, if I move it all at this point there goes half the thread...
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• indeedido
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
              OK, they put up a pic of the Rhoads...

Here is some cool stuff for you Rhoads fans.

A Family Affair: Jackson Randy Rhoads Tribute Model

One of the most exciting moments yet at NAMM 2010 for us was the unveiling of the Jackson Randy Rhoads Relic Tribute Model. Randy’s bother Kelle and sister Kathy (pictured above, along with the Tribute prototype) as well as guitarist Scott Ian were on hand to talk about Randy’s legacy and his impact on music. It got a bit emotional with the family there clearly feeling Randy’s presence in the room. Kathy and Kelle are great people and it was a pleasure to meet them and talk about Randy with his family. After the jump, let’s talk about the guitar.

Randy’s Tribute Model is a direct replica of his original 1980 Jackson asymmetrical V-shaped guitar that he personally designed. He intended to call this body style the “Concorde” and it is widely regarded as the “first pointy guitar”. The original guitar had been kept at the Rhoads’ family music school since his death, and they say it had not been out of the case in over 20 years when Chip Ellis and Mike Shannon arrived to inspect and measure every aspect of it. The neck was straight, and it was still in tune, amazingly. Seeing the guitar in person revealed details that were only previously seen in photos, such as the real ebony and sterling steel truss rod cover. Randy’s original guitar was built in 1980 by Tim Wilson and Mike Shannon. Mike Shannon is still with Jackson today and he’ll personally build the extremely limited run of 60 guitars.

One of the most noticeable “customizations” that Randy did to his guitar is the black tape all over the back. We were puzzled by that and had to ask, and we were told that when Randy was on tour with Ozzy during the Diary of a Madman Tour, Sharon Osbourne insisted that no one be visible on stage until the lights came up. So, Randy covered the back of the guitar with non-reflective tape (he did this to his black guitar also) and would flip it up so the white was not visible until the lights came on. Of course, the Tribute Model replicates the tape.

Randy was one of the most influential rock guitar players in history, and this is the defining Randy guitar. The Music Zoo will be a dealer of the Tribute model, so please let us know if you have any questions. The guitar comes in a stenciled Anvil case, and the whole project has the Rhoads family blessing. The price? Retail pricing is based on Randy’s birthday, which is December 6, 1956. Retail is set at $12,619.56.

This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

Chip Ellis On The Jackson Randy Rhoads Relic Tribute

This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

I could do without the tape on the back
                  This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Intersting way to price something....... Retail pricing is based on Randy’s birthday, which is December 6, 1956. Retail is set at $12,619.56.
                    This space for rent.

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

Charvel Jackson had no rights to the white one.. now with doing this "tribute limited edition" it can be made in China and the world will now proliferate with overpriced Asian concordes.

First in the 80s there were like only 4 really accurate ones ever made for Strings n Things in Texas which had the correct toggle on the side. Then when Akai bought Jackson, they made a limited run of about 20 inaccurate ones in the early 90s with the wrong head, and wrong logo, goofed body, bevels and pinstripes all WRONG.

All done without license.

I think the Rhoads siblings got all weepy-eyed over remembering Randy that they failed to foresee FMIC making several hundred-thousand dollars in offshore-made pieces, now that FMIC got the offical approval.

I recall meeting Delores in 1983, holding the original Concorde.. it was pretty fucking heavy. I believe the body was solid maple, so when the second one was done they tried poplar glueon wings to a maple neckthru rail.. the "black" one, #2 which became "the" Jackson V.

Grover initially had Delores' blessing to start production of the RR guitars, but if she knew she could have licensed the Concorde to Gibson or ANYBODY in todays market with the associated recognition that guitar now has, and what has become of the other RR and what kind of company bought Jackson she would and should reconsider.

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Best Newcomer: some kid from Turkey making.. cymbals!

I'll dig in the swag-bag and post the relevant site and name info.. handmade cymbals in the old B20 alloy tradition of Paiste and K Zildjian. Didn't speak ten words in English, but has cut his chops doing custom-shop stuff FOR K Zildjian and Paiste.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

There are some good craftsmen in Turkey. Many of them got their training in Germany and can machine and build things to Germany quality levels. I lived in Stuttgart working for my cousins company that rebuilds airplane engines and does restoration work on old airplanes. Most the machinists were from Turkey. They did some work on the BF 109 Black 6 when I was there. One of the few original still flying until it got ground looped.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

This guys' hammering wasn't so great, and when I asked if he could do the Mastersound edge which is a whiffled lower hihat edge rippled like a Ruffles potato chip.. and he said no he couldn't do it.

But his forging and pie-shaping.. and his lathework was most xlnt

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

More Charvel Snakeskin shred...this makes me interested in the Duncan RTM pickup this baby comes with more so than the guitar itself...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                                This guys' hammering wasn't so great, and when I asked if he could do the Mastersound edge which is a whiffled lower hihat edge rippled like a Ruffles potato chip.. and he said no he couldn't do it.
                                Was this before or after you asked him if he'd like to Super-Size his value meal?
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...