The Ultimate Fretboard Masturbation Thread....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
    That's some serious shreddin there. His picking and note articulation is quite accurate. Me likes!
    Here's his site if you want to check it out. http://jimibell.net
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That's just really unpleasant, I think very very few people would want to listen to that. If the end result is something that noone would want to listen to you may as well spend thousands of hours trying to become the greatest farter in the world. In fact that would be better as it has more novelty value.

Mushroom made a good point about how all shredders seem to be sitting down.

I'm not a shredder but I've started practicing standing. I find it more difficult although maybe it willl just take a bit of time.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
          This is actually pretty cool...

The only use for that would be if someone approached you because they needed a sound for when the flying saucer came out on their retro video game and that's fairly unlikely to happen as it's easier just to program something like that in.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

I'm not a shredder but I've started practicing standing. I find it more difficult although maybe it willl just take a bit of time.
            People should practice standing up - unless you're into wearing your guitar under your armpit live - you'll have to in order to approximate where it was when you were learning all those shred licks sitting...
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

And the golden rule is that how cool a guitar looks is in proportion to how low slung it is.

These people that have their guitar up at their armpit look ridiculous for some reason.

I'm not sure why it matters but it does and I don't make the rules...

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Too low and it looks equally recockulous, though. Anything past the belt-line? Ghey.
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                  Sniper
                  • Oct 2009

You can disagree with me all you'd like, and yell at me all you want if need be, but, I still think it's a tie between Paul Gilbert, Impelliteri, and Michael Angelo for the spot of fastest guitar player. Mind you, I took into consideration how they play. They're not being a six-string sweet douche, they're actually playing with feeling, whether wanking or playing something really nice.
                  Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                    Sniper
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    That's just really unpleasant, I think very very few people would want to listen to that. If the end result is something that noone would want to listen to you may as well spend thousands of hours trying to become the greatest farter in the world. In fact that would be better as it has more novelty value.

I find standing up easier, as it gives me much more access to the higher notes on the fretboard. I play with the strap up like an old man or Ed would, almost right at my chest.
                    Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                      Too low and it looks equally recockulous, though. Anything past the belt-line? Ghey.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
                        I find standing up easier, as it gives me much more access to the higher notes on the fretboard. I play with the strap up like an old man or Ed would, almost right at my chest.
                        I think Ed played much better with his guitar higher.

Strap high...

Strap low...

25 years of booze/coke/meth abuse +relapse aside I guess Ed thinks "Well, since I don't really care how I play anymore, I'll simply lower my strap to look cool and fall back on all the old cliche's I created when I was a young man..."

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                          Sniper
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                          I think Ed played much better with his guitar higher.

Strap high...

Ah, the good old US Festival solo...

Comment

Working...