Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

What's next Jay, "no news is good news" ??
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Since this is our official NAMM thread, check out the Marshall Class 5 head:

Marshall have updated their flagship small tube amplifier - the Marshall Class 5 - and are now releasing a Class 5 MK2 with improved internal components, and a more home-friendly design.

The Class 5 MKII now features a "low volume" output switch - as even 5w is very loud for home use. That means, you can now

Additional internal improvements to the Class 5 have been made. Marshall have assured customers that the price rise that accompanies the transition between the Class 5 MkI and Class5 MkII is worth it as you have a more versatile amp that is built for home use, rehearsals and gigging.

Also new from Marshall in the Class 5 range - a Class 5 Head & Cab. The Marshall C5H Class 5 Head has the same features as the combo and can be paired up with a Marshall C212 2x12 cabinet or a number of other Marshall cabs

The Class 5 MKII combo, head and cabs will be available from Andertons very soon and you can preorder by clicking the links below

Marshall Class 5 MKII Valve 1x12" Combo Amplifier (coming soon)
      Marshall Class 5 Head C5H (coming soon)
      Marshall Class 5 2x12 Cabinet C212 (coming soon)

This space for rent.

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Notice the guy said "Ed has been using this (5150 III 50 Watt Head) full time in the studio lately." (Hint, hint)

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Anyone notice Ed's voice? It doesn't sound like a garbage disposal in this clip.....
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            The last anyone heard, Ed was supposedly in the studio months ago, asking George Lopez to come to the studio to lay down tracks.

Last edited by chefcraig; 01-15-2011, 04:49 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

The only hope I want to keep alive is the hope they get bassplayer back for the tour.

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

i'm hearing nothing but good reports about this wee beastie too...http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/products/ht-5/index.html

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  The last anyone heard, Ed was supposedly in the studio months ago, asking George Lopez to come to the studio to lay down tracks.

Eddie IS in the studio. He always is. For years now. It's 20 steps from his house on his property. All dude does is sit in there and noodle around. Probably has stacks & stacks of shit where the recorder was rolling. That converted garage is his safe spot. And he has enough money that he doesn't need to leave it unless he wants to...which is rare.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                    Eddie IS in the studio. He always is. For years now. It's 20 steps from his house on his property. All dude does is sit in there and noodle around. Probably has stacks & stacks of shit where the recorder was rolling. That converted garage is his safe spot. And he has enough money that he doesn't need to leave it unless he wants to...which is rare.
                    Yep, and as time moves on for the rest of us, Ed get's to go through the motions remarkably similar to the plot of the movie Groundhog Day.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

I really like what Blackstar is doing. I think the engineers that left Marshall to form Blackstar have really pushed Marshall to finally start doing some cool stuff like the AFD100 and YJM100 and their features.
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

No, dude REALLY.

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        Wait just a second.... You ain't getting off that easy, you sumbitch....

You can't leave us hanging like that, it's a rule here, you know....
                        If only, dude. And I didn't leave you hanging, but I've found myself in a position where certain rules here get superseded. Sorry. But just go ahead and smile while waiting for it.

YES, okay?!?!?!?

I just got back from Day IV (was only supposed to be there two, but meet some really cool people (who lurk here...lol) and was having such a great time, since the invitation was extended I was dumb if I didn't hang out. I was actually considering hanging there today until my Blackberry's battery started dying (didn't know I was staying over last night, didn't take a change of clothes or my charger) took that as a sign to stick a fork in it.

Oh, and THIS was classic...FAIL.

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                        For jhale who most likely sleeps with his guitars ...
                        This from the guy that falls asleep alone every night cradling the TV remote with the Klan channel on. STFU.

Keep telling yourself that, bro. VA and a few of my "really real Internet" friends can vouch that's not my only option. Unlike you.

You're just beginning to wish you'd been less of a prick here, dude. Trust me.

Originally posted by sadaist
                        HAHA! totally dude. That made me giggle a little. Ed liked it. Although if it was me, he woulda hated my hack intro to Aint Talkin Bout Love. 25 years & I still barely have that phucker down. Not even really.

(I can still play it better than Slash did at that God-awful R&R Hall Of Fame version)
                        Slash is an FU client, and occasionally hits me back on Twitter, so not going there - nice guy, though. Dude, every time I went in the Fender exhibit to the EVH section, except for when the dudes from this metal band called Eleven had a dual wankathon, EVERYONE there was playing VH licks through it, it was kinda retarded. I mean, sure, everyone wants to see for themselves if it nails the classic tones, but - if your ears work playing anything will tell you that, and especially when he could walk in the room at any moment, how couldn't you look like a jackass, especially when most of us probably don't play it correctly (to him) anyway?
                        So when it was my turn, I played a couple of my own riffs one using the D-Tuna engaged, one not. People did not run. I'm gonna call it a win. But I did have a mini-jackass moment, dude was like "Try the lead channel, it's just insane" (And. It. IS.) did the wank thing and caught myself tapping. Not playing VH riffs, easy. Not doing something you learned from one of your heroes so early on it's an integral part of your adult "style" (like I have one...lol - for lack of a better word). Not so much.

Originally posted by indeedido
                        I can't even imagine playing with Edward looking over my shoulder. My brain would take a memory dump. "Hey Ed, check out this A chord. I can go E A D with no problem."
                        I get that, but I kind of have the opposite mindset: I would LOVE for him to critique my playing, I mean, how awesome would it be to get pointers from the dude who changed my life, and is one of the reasons (indirectly, don't get it twisted - did not meet him, nor am I inclined to believe he remembers me from my music retail days.) why I was hanging out in Anaheim the last four days? Fuck yeah - tell me what YOU think I'm doing wrong/could do better, Mr. Guitarist-Creator ~ please!

I am fucking wiped and rambling, but here's some pictures before I fall over ...the guys I met through Floyd Upgrades had one of those ZOOM HD recorders with them...their shots are better than mine, and already told them I was hosing them to post here. Not posting anything with our faces in it here - unless I reaaaally like the video they shot of me wanking through the EVH....LMAO

Last edited by jhale667; 01-16-2011, 06:41 PM. Reason: Ahm tiiiiiired. ;)
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Upper-echelon Jacksons are now sporting the full FU bridge - this one's got the stainless hardware/Ti string-blocks combo w/ a Brass Big Block, IIRC.

Checked out Pro Tools 9....WANTS. (Wish the pic were clearer...)

Funny how 5mp either gets a suprisingly good or MEH picture... Here's the aforementioned wall of useless (as in Spinal Tap-ish "they couldn't be ...played") Marshalls..

If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

George Lynch has his own line of carved guitars out this year "Mr. Scary Guitars" (I know, who could've seen that one coming).

There's also a carved ESP sig too...he's doing double duty. Oh, and here's what looked to be a new Jeff Hanneman(sp?) Slayer sig?

Not generally a huge fan of Deans, but the Marvel art paint-jobs were BAD ASS.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

All the drummers in the house say UNH!!

Alright, I'm wiped, and doing this while still doing thank yous and getting texts...more later. I'm out.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667

Slash is an FU client, and occasionally hits me back on Twitter, so not going there - nice guy, though.
                                I dig Slash. 99% of what he does is great. I just didn't care for his R&R HoF version of ATBL. I think on playback even he would agree it wasn't very good.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...