• Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS
    And don't forget the D-tuna Floyd...
    That wasn't introduced until the Peavey.. They really are cool. I put one on the EBMM and it works like a charm.
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Ya learn something every day...

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

First quickie test clip done with the MJ-wound pickup...

And here's the latest piece I did for Duncan about the new Schecters for 2014.

Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Good lord, that's some serious shredding going on in that clip! Are you happy with the pick-up? Sounds good to my ears..

Also - have you ever played an 8-string? What's that like? I feel like I'd be totally lost on one of those...
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
            Good lord, that's some serious shredding going on in that clip! Are you happy with the pick-up? Sounds good to my ears..

Also - have you ever played an 8-string? What's that like? I feel like I'd be totally lost on one of those...

Thanks. It was late, and there's a couple of clunkers, but it turned out OK. I really like that pickup, think I'm going to ask MJ to wind at least one more for me. Like the 59/Custom, it's a little too "woody" sounding for extreme metal, but for everything else it sounds fantastic.
            I haven't tried an 8-string yet, was just starting to find my way around on 7-strings, FFS. But I'm interested to check one out. My buddy at the Schecter Custom Shop liked the piece so much he invited me up for a factory tour, so I'll try one and let you know.
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Good lord, that's some serious shredding going on in that clip!
              Sounds more like a digital chainsaw competition to me...

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Fuck off, redneck.

Test # 2 first one to use a new amp emulation software called Grind Machine I ( note, not Elbow, btw) was recently asked to test and review:

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
                  Thanks. It was late, and there's a couple of clunkers, but it turned out OK. I really like that pickup, think I'm going to ask MJ to wind at least one more for me. Like the 59/Custom, it's a little too "woody" sounding for extreme metal, but for everything else it sounds fantastic.
                  I haven't tried an 8-string yet, was just starting to find my way around on 7-strings, FFS. But I'm interested to check one out. My buddy at the Schecter Custom Shop liked the piece so much he invited me up for a factory tour, so I'll try one and let you know.
                  It seems that the one thing you can say about Schecters is that they always sound good. They don't cut corners on pickups. The best sounding bass our bass player has is a Schecter and I find that the Schecter V thing I got for just $500 with the SD Custom Custom pickups sounds amazing.

Just last night I had it and an EVH Special thing with Dimarzios and a brass block in a rehearsal room going into a JCM 2000 and the Schecter sounded better.

That said it's light, unbalanced and not the nicest neck. Great value though I recommend them...

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Schecters are very nice for the money and they look nice and clean, but they always feel cheap when I pick one up...

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It seems that the one thing you can say about Schecters is that they always sound good. They don't cut corners on pickups. The best sounding bass our bass player has is a Schecter and I find that the Schecter V thing I got for just $500 with the SD Custom Custom pickups sounds amazing.

Just last night I had it and an EVH Special thing with Dimarzios and a brass block in a rehearsal room going into a JCM 2000 and the Schecter sounded better.

That said it's light, unbalanced and not the nicest neck. Great value though I recommend them...

Apparently one of the features they're offering for 2014 is thinner neck profiles.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        Schecters are very nice for the money and they look nice and clean, but they always feel cheap when I pick one up...
                        I bet you say that to all the girls...

I know what you mean though.

There is something about the V thing though. I've played half a dozen guitars at gigs recently and it's been the only one admired by people.

The thing about playing rock stuff live is that at least a third of your audience plays guitar. The average guitarist is a fucking prick who always thinks they are better than the guy they are watching. X10 if their girlfriend likes the band.

In that environment part of me always thought it was cool to use quite cheap guitars. You turn up with a $3k Les Paul maybe they like you less?

I've started using this Schecter thing about half the time. It is more difficult than playing one of my nicer guitars but that becomes part of the show to me.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I should clarify that I don't have a $3k Les Paul....

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I'm a Strat guy. I have a three bolt 72 that's my favorite. Strats are kind of like blue jeans. The more worn and beat up they become the cooler they become. You always seem to have your favorite pair you just don't want to part with either.

The old Gibsons are cool but the only ones I like to play are SG's and 335's.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Good eye, it's a 94 EBMM EVH.. I bought it new back in the day. Hard to believe it's been 20 years already!
                              Nice guitar. I always liked the look of the Musicman better than the Wolfgang series.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Coyote
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                                Fuck off, redneck.

Test # 2 first one to use a new amp emulation software called Grind Machine I ( note, not Elbow, btw) was recently asked to test and review:

Hey, George Lynch called, he wants his delay settings back...
                                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...