The Roth Army All Star Band Jams thread..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    I was thinking something more along the lines of "Lose the Dress, Keep the Shoes".
    If it was up to Dan, it would probably be a Chuck Berry cover. Poor bastard, this was his only #1 hit.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
      I was thinking something more along the lines of "Lose the Dress, Keep the Shoes".

Comment

• Blaze
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Ah. With Paris err... providing cover for me... I'll drop this here.

Yea, I know I said "for the next forty minutes" ... umm Quite a few times. However, it was and is intended for compost.

I did not realize a bit a strength was OK. It just never crossed my mind. I actually curbed singing too strongly.

I think my I putting this up, no one should feel like they cannot put something up.

Code:
        [URL=http://hotfile.com/dl/117273916/0c255e4/Geronimo_.wav.html]http://hotfile.com/dl/117273916/0c255e4/Geronimo_.wav.html[/URL]
        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
        sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

When I was doing it, I envisioned the "next forty minutes" would be filled with some form of guitar and instrument speak filling in for what is missing in visuals.
          "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
          sigpic

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Blaze
            When I was doing it, I envisioned the "next forty minutes" would be filled with some form of
            makes sense
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69

Paris' labia is looser than sleeve of wizard.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Heh....that's pretty fucking loose, lol.

Ok Blaze...not 40 minutes, but there is gonna be some more room in this thang.

Scuse me guys for taking the helm on the arrangement, but it is such a cool idea.

Not only am I fixing the kick drum in 2 parts, but I am adding 12 bars in the midst so we can have The Party. Then the double-kick shuffle solos will kick off and the song will end just like it did in the original version.

The Party is where we can insert the wav files of all of us getting ripped. VH always had some kinda ad-libbing going on, so this is gonna be where we can have some fun. And like I said, it will be where the non-musicians and non-vocalists can cuntribute. Should be done wit the new and improved drum track (now with miracle product X-19!) in a few, then I am gonna re-track scratch bass and rhythm guitars.

See Craig, I am not a bassist. I am a guitarist who can play bass. Much like I am not a singer, I just am a guitarist who can sing.

A real bassist can play the low-down stuff, but can do all kinds of off-the-cuff bass licks and tricks gleaned from years of just playing bass.

Michael Anthony is THE GOD of Hi-Energry Hard Rock Show Bass Improvisational Ass Kicking.

I can play the occasional cool thing, but mostly I just do enough to get the point across.

And, it also keeps me in the mode of "serving the song".

Will post again in awhile with an update.

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

To clarify...

First of all, Paris, not so much - and those are NOT the kind of shoes I'm talking about. Just so we're clear:

I have a thing for girls in stripper shoes. There, I said it.

Heh....that's pretty fucking loose, lol.

Ok Blaze...not 40 minutes, but there is gonna be some more room in this thang.

Scuse me guys for taking the helm on the arrangement, but it is such a cool idea.

Not only am I fixing the kick drum in 2 parts, but I am adding 12 bars in the midst so we can have The Party. Then the double-kick shuffle solos will kick off and the song will end just like it did in the original version.

The Party is where we can insert the wav files of all of us getting ripped. VH always had some kinda ad-libbing going on, so this is gonna be where we can have some fun. And like I said, it will be where the non-musicians and non-vocalists can cuntribute. Should be done wit the new and improved drum track (now with miracle product X-19!) in a few, then I am gonna re-track scratch bass and rhythm guitars.

See Craig, I am not a bassist. I am a guitarist who can play bass. Much like I am not a singer, I just am a guitarist who can sing.

A real bassist can play the low-down stuff, but can do all kinds of off-the-cuff bass licks and tricks gleaned from years of just playing bass.

Michael Anthony is THE GOD of Hi-Energry Hard Rock Show Bass Improvisational Ass Kicking.

I can play the occasional cool thing, but mostly I just do enough to get the point across.

And, it also keeps me in the mode of "serving the song".

Will post again in awhile with an update.

Can't wait to hear this!
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Here Kwame, this is for you!

I resent that.....there was only one time and since then, I use duct tape
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      I really need to start wearing my newer set of glasses. I could have sworn that read "we will be able to get your pants on...", which creeped me out to no end. For a minute there, I thought Dan was producing the damned thing.
                      I fucking edited that post to include "parts not pants"......forgot to post it, shut my laptop and lost the edit!
                      Last edited by kwame k; 05-09-2011, 10:07 PM.
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Cow-Bells,How Rude.

Ok DJ,Add Me To The List.
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                          You Better Keep Your Pants On,
                          If You Want To Hear This Song.
                          Dont Want To See Your Ding Dong
                          Hanging From Your Thong.
                          Stop Smoking That Bong
                          Holy shit,It's king kong
                          Singing This Song
                          It's Not Going To Take Long
                          Have faith in me Brother
                          And stay strong
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kwame k
                            I resent that.....there was only one time and since then, I use duct tape
                            LMAO!

Done with v2.0. Am uploading to Hotfile now. Will post again in about 90 minutes.

Comment

• VanHalener
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I have not been paying attention in class, sorry.
                              So when & where can I jam some vocals. I'll give it my best and I'll fooking tear that shite a new arsehole!

Fuck An A

~It's a Long Way to the Top~
                              ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Ok. V2.0 here:

As I posted above, I added some space in the middle of the song. Though I am not satisfied with the transition from that space to the double-kick solo section. But, the space is there so Kwame can take care of that. Or DJ, or Chef, or whoever. The thought in my head was the space is for The Party, but as the song goes on, the Party begins to get louder and louder, then suddenly some event, musical or party-wise occurs that kicks off the guitar solos.

But that is just my take on it. Just looking at it as a piece of music, the original version blasted along like a rocket sled. The space that is there now ruins the momentum, so to speak, but again, I put it there so others can make their contribution. And, I wanted it to have a change in dynamics. Kick fucking ass out of the gate, then take a breather, grab some booze, smoke some dope, make a play for the nearest hottie, then it's SHOW TIME!

Whatever. Up to you guys to take it further on down the road now. Once Kwame does his drum part, then you can load the mp3 up in a taxi and send it to my doorstep. I will smack it around a bit, get it drunk, add my guitar part, ship it back to DJ and once we have the music in some kind of rough assemblage, then we can think about lyrics, vocals, etc.

Comment

Working...