The Roth Army All Star Band Jams thread..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Saw Max once, opening for Rush in the mid-80s. My roommate turned me onto him. Shoulda been much more famous than he was.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      Saw Max once, opening for Rush in the mid-80s. My roommate turned me onto him. Shoulda been much more famous than he was.
      Agreed, But the singers name is Kim Mitchell. Max Webster is a fictional name they came up with.
      Kim;s been a shit-hot smokin player right out of the gate. Max was way ahead of their time....
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Duh. You'r right. Had forgotten. Shoulda been way more famous than THEY were. There....howzat?

"And by the way, which one's Pink?"

"Wait til I get my hands on that Mr. Halen guy. What's his name? Van?"
        Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-10-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Well, I've been at it for the past three hours (ever since I got home this afternoon) trying to get things to work. I ran a line from my bass to both the microphone input at the front of my computer, as well as the one at the back. I can hear the instrument from both inputs via the computer speakers (and according to the computer's settings, which included a level meter, the sound is getting through), yet I keep getting an error message from Audacity (the service I downloaded in order to record with, as it was supposed to be simple ) stating "error while opening sound device. Please check input and project sample rate".

Even after following instructions from a Google search into the quoted phrase, I still can not record anything. Any suggestions?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Dan
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

[QUOTE=chefcraig;1540846]Well, I've been at it for the past three hours (ever since I got home this afternoon) trying to get my thing to work.[QUOTE]

How Very Rude.
              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig
                Well, I've been at it for the past three hours (ever since I got home this afternoon) trying to get things to work. I ran a line from my bass to both the microphone input at the front of my computer, as well as the one at the back. I can hear the instrument from both inputs via the computer speakers (and according to the computer's settings, which included a level meter, the sound is getting through), yet I keep getting an error message from Audacity (the service I downloaded in order to record with, as it was supposed to be simple ) stating "error while opening sound device. Please check input and project sample rate".

Even after following instructions from a Google search into the quoted phrase, I still can not record anything. Any suggestions?
                scotch
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Dan
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

And PRON.
                  First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Thinking you need an actual "interface", Chef?

Um...yeah? This seems like the cheapest way to go...not free, but for a hunski you can join the digital age...

Earn 8% in rewards w/free Backstage Pass membership on all pro audio equipment from signal processors to lighting & stage effects to headphones and software.

Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Not for nuthin', but I just spent $4,700 that I do not have insuring this house for the hurricane season. A hundred bucks may seem easy to some folks, but not to me. Hence my efforts toward going as cheaply as possible. And currently, to me, a hundred bucks is a great deal of money.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Have you gone into Audacity's properties and selected your soundcard as it primary audio device?
                        Chef, I can possibly zip a copy of Adobe Audition software to ya if Audacity is not working for you...
                        Last edited by Diamondjimi; 05-10-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Not for nuthin', but I just spent $4,700 that I do not have insuring this house for the hurricane season. A hundred bucks may seem easy to some folks, but not to me. Hence my efforts toward going as cheaply as possible. And currently, to me, a hundred bucks is a great deal of money.

Totally understand, my apologies. I was just throwin' out a suggestion.
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Hey, Reaper. Free to download. IF you decide to buy, 40 bucks. File download is only about 5 or 6 megabytes.
                            All the functionality of ProTools. Full functionality that does not expire even when the trial period of 30 days is over.
                            Howzat for cheap?

Sorry if I go on and on about it. Can't beat it. Not with PT (though that package is pretty sweet...99 bucks includes interface), not with Audacity, not with Nuendo. *rant...rave...drool*

Fair pricing
                            There is only one version of REAPER. We offer two licenses, depending on how you use it.

$150: full commercial license.
                            $40: discounted license.

(HR69 Note: Though when Reaper v4.0 is released (due at any moment), the discount license will increase to 60 bucks, and I think the full commercial license will be about 200 or so.) But buying a license entitles you to full legal access to the current version AND the next version (including all upgrades).

You may use the discounted license if any of the following is true:

You are an individual, using REAPER only for personal use.
                            You are an individual or business, using REAPER for commercial use, and the yearly gross revenue does not exceed USD $20,000.
                            You are an educational or non-profit organization.

Buy REAPER here.

What You Get
                            There's only one version of REAPER. One complete, solid, full-featured digital audio workstation.

Your one-user, full-use license includes up to two major version numbers worth of REAPER's famous frequent upgrades.

A REAPER 1.0 license could have included over 250 upgrades!

Purchasing a license now includes upgrades through REAPER 4.99. (HR69 Note: The current version is 3.76....if you wait until v4 comes out, you will be entitled to all of versions 4 AND 5.)
                            Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-10-2011, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

What kind of sound card do you have in your computer Chef? And what OS?

Comment

• Blaze
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Hey, I downloaded 2.0 Hardrock

I just looked at Audacity, I bet this is the issue....
                                Windows Vista and Windows 7 are not supported in Audacity 1.2.6. Please use Audacity Beta for these operating systems.

Could that be it, Chef?

I'll download both and check them when I get home.

Download Audacity for free. A free multi-track audio editor and recorder. Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
                                "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...