The Roth Army All Star Band Jams thread..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

GAAAH! My ARMS!

I have not played bass in awhile. And it took me about an hour to get a complete take, and another half an hour to get one that I found "acceptable".

This tune is pretty loose. Not totally happy with the bass sound, the guitar sound, etc. but I realized I needed to just get it done as a DEMO and not to obsess over it, as I tend to do that about stuff I produce.

Doing some tweaking to the mix, then convert to mp3, and upoad to megaupload. Gonna take awhile, as even 3 or 4 Megabyte files (if I can upload them successfully at all) can take an hour or more to upload.

Two rhythm guitars panned hard left and right. Bass and drums.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-07-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      GAAAH! My ARMS!

I have not played bass in awhile. And it took me about an hour to get a complete take, and another half an hour to get one that I found "acceptable".

This tune is pretty loose. Not totally happy with the bass sound, the guitar sound, etc. but I realized I needed to just get it done as a DEMO and not to obsess over it, as I tend to do that about stuff I produce.

Doing some tweaking to the mix, then convert to mp3, and upoad to megaupload. Gonna take awhile, as even 3 or 4 Megabyte files (if I can upload them successfully at all) can take an hour or more to upload.

Is this one for us to pass around and cultivate?
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
        Is this one for us to pass around and cultivate?

That was gonna be my question...or is it gonna get approved and then sent to Kwame for a real drum track to then have the guitars re-done and whatnot?
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Exactly,exactly.....

Hey Jay, one most post to go, eh?!

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
            Exactly,exactly.....

Hey Jay, one most post to go, eh?!

Yup! DING!!

Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Kickass dude! 10,000!!!

MUCH CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Am still working on upload. Megaupload.com only gives me errors. Uploaded to rapidshare, and it just sat there without giving me a link. Am uploading to hotfile.com now.

As for what the heck this is for, that is for you guys to decide. I have been sitting here (like RIGHT NOW) listening to this over and over.

It has some VH cliches in it sorta, but overall I am digging it. Not bad for only 5 hours of work. It is slightly over 4 minutes long. Feel free to discard parts of it, dissect it, whatever.

Not only that, I ended up not using anything at all I came up with while watching TV this afternoon, lol. I wrote everything off the top of my head as I was creating the drum track.

No guitar solos. This is just the basic crap. And I was originally going to put a quiet part in, but forgot, lol.

If Hotfile.com works out, I should have this uploaded in about 40 minutes or so.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Coming along fine. Got drums programmed up to first chorus. Which means I have enough patterns to pretty much create the whole drum track. So it is a matter of sitting there figuring out chord progressions, how long, then programming the patterns into the drum machine to fit.

For writing purposes I am using my Epi Les Paul studio plugged into the Roland, using the Amp Sims....when I track in a little while I will get out the real deal - Flying V with EMGs into Marshall Half Stack with Shure 57 through Art TubePac Preamp. Gonna be scratch, but at least it will sound good, lol.

Here is my recording setup - pic taken 5 minutes ago....
                  You have one of my old recorders....had to sell it because I was kicked out of the house.

Roth On!
                  Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

FINALLY!

GODDAMMIT!

Took an hour and a fucking half to upload this!
                    Enjoy, peeps!

Guitar on the right is my black JB Player neck-thru Strat. Guitar on the left is #1 Son - 88 Flying V. Plugged direct into the Roland. Bass was as well. Used the Epi Les Paul just to record the first few scratch tracks, but then moved on to the better axes, lol.

Dude....Roland VS-1680s can be bought in pawn shops now for 400 bucks! Tascam 2488s with built in CD burners are now going for 800 bucks new! 24 track hard disc recorders for 800 fucking dollars! My VS-1680 cost me 1400 bucks used, but it came with two FX cards and a flight case.

Too bad you had to sell your Roland, but there are plenty of them out there if you should want another one.
                    Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-08-2011, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

FINALLY!

GODDAMMIT!

Enjoy, peeps!

Guitar on the right is my black JB Player neck-thru Strat. Guitar on the left is #1 Son - 88 Flying V. Plugged direct into the Roland. Bass was as well. Used the Epi Les Paul just to record the first few scratch tracks, but then moved on to the better axes, lol.
                      Fuckin right. This fucker rocks. Kwame, get this fucker down, I'm diggin it!

Great work HR. It's a great kick in the ass, out of the gate.

What do you guys think?

Comment

• Blaze
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by jhale667
                        Yup! DING!!

Whooo Hooo!

FINALLY!

GODDAMMIT!

Enjoy, peeps!

Dude....Roland VS-1680s can be bought in pawn shops now for 400 bucks! Tascam 2488s with built in CD burners are now going for 800 bucks new! 24 track hard disc recorders for 800 fucking dollars! My VS-1680 cost me 1400 bucks used, but it came with two FX cards and a flight case.

Too bad you had to sell your Roland, but there are plenty of them out there if you should want another one.
                        Hrmmmm... Man, I know that feeling... I still have my track from last night. And I was thinking of going to Micky dee's to down load what's been put up.
                        I am in a remote location, but next to a highly traveled trail. Our Micky just got a hotspot. When I went there to try it out I was the super geek.

Man it has been so long since doing some wordage to an created sound... I honestly look forward to it.

I did notice that this computer will not do for recording. It sounds like vinyl.

I'll record on the off line, I'll play the song in head phones while doing the lyrics. Hopefully it will not bleed much.
                        Man this is like checkpoints. I actually had pains of missing... I do not know what to call it... you know that feeling of creating and receiving. You know that moment where you walk off and know you just did something pretty cool and you thank God then look around to see and people are looking. And you are kind of like... umm that's alright. they're cool.

I got that....
                        Anyway...
                        Let me try to upload again.
                        Lately, I have had a lot of weird computer jive, When I checked the email this morning it said I registered with yousendit last night. I recall last night when it happened, I was WT? I did not authorize that....

Cheeers!

To the sound!
                        Blooju
                        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                        sigpic

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Cast of characters update:

Diamondjimi - gtr
                          Jhale - gtr
                          Sesh - gtr
                          Coyote - gtr
                          Hardrock69 - gtr - bass?- vocals???
                          Etienne- gtr
                          Standin/Blaze/Julia/Oolith- lyrics/vocals?
                          Chefcraig ?- Bass
                          Kwame K - Drums

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

I am well aware of the feeling of having accomplished something groovy. Been listening to this non-stop for hours now. Even while tracking I was going WOAH.....

This is so good that I am eventually going to rework the arrangement a bit, and write my own lyrics....for use on an upcoming album.

But for this project here, it is just a 'sketch'. You guys are going to add the color using your crayons. And if you decide to color outside the lines, hey, this is the Roth Army, is it not?

Just let me do the main rhythm guitar. Since that initial lick comes naturally it will sound just like it does now, lol. Of course if anyone wants to double the track, feel free. You other guys figure out solos. There is plenty of space to add little bits and pieces. And the two double kick sections later on are where I intended the real guitar histrionics to go.....

For a lyrical theme I have an idea. Make it about a raging party held at Roth Army HQ. Mention people by name. Silly crap that references what our crazy cast of characters are known for, what they would do, etc.

And here is the neat idea: We can include people on this board who cannot sing or cannot play a note. Just have people submit random recordings of themselves talking, laughing, yelling crazy shit, whatever. Elvis reading the Bible. Big Bad Brian ranting about Retardlican Fundligionism. Sesh going on about life in the UK. Bueno Bob delivering a drunken lecture on the True Meaning Of Larg.
                            WHATEVER. We can choose some of the more hilarious and appropriate bits and throw them in during the verses as background noise. As if it were a party.

A party vibe was what I was going after when I created this.
                            Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-08-2011, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

Yup, but you have to sing on this. We can fill in the bits....

Comment

• Blaze
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Yea, yea, yea, This would be throw away for me.

chop it, crop it.. do whatever..

I am chomping to pull some of these tracts and lay down next to them.
                                I just authorize you send it.
                                It it 5.96MB Geronimo.wma
                                sorry about the wma.. better luck next time
                                it is going to take all night,
                                "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...